Author Topic: When should the Christmas decorations be put away?  (Read 13284 times)

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
Re: When should the Christmas decorations be put away?
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2010, 12:58:12 PM »
I still haven't taken the red bows off the lamps in our living room.  I really should get around to doing that...

Namárië

« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2010, 02:06:11 PM »
lol! My Christmas tree (now it is a "spring" tree) has become a permanent fixture in my living room. :)
Competence is a trap!
I mostly don't make stuff, but sometimes I do: http://initiationcreation.blogspot.com

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2010, 02:37:01 PM »
Christmas 2007's tree stayed up until almost Christmas 2008.  The only reason it went away was because I gave it to RainhaDoTexugo as we were packing up to move to Texas.   ;D  Our friends & neighbors loved it!  We eventually took off the the truly Christmas-y ornaments and left up most of the Star Wars & Star Trek stuff.  Then those came down and it was our "Whatever the Latest Holiday Is" Tree.  It was an Easter Tree, an Arbor Day Tree, a Memorial Tree, a Labor Tree, a 4th of July Tree, a Haloween Tree, a President's Day Tree, and an Unbirthday Tree.   8)

Since we travelled for Christmas 2009, we didn't replace it.  But since we'll be in town for Christmas 2010, we'll need to get a new one.
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Athos_000

• Cats.... The Perfect Protein?
    • kbaumanart.com
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2010, 04:35:41 PM »
I put my tree up on thanksgiving and generally leave it up until sometime in January. My other decorations I usually start removing after Epiphany. Outside lights... I got lazy and left them up for three years this round. They were white, so worked well for other holidays/special occasions. Last Halloween I added some orange ones around the porch railing too. I finally removed them this past spring because they were starting to look dangerous. I will put new ones up in November or early December. I love Christmas, I would celebrate it all year if I would not be considered a complete crank for doing so (I've been told my Christmas music in July is pushing it) lol!

CG

« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2010, 11:11:09 AM »
When I said that if we move at the end of the year, I'd only get to have my Christmas decorations up for a few days after, my boyfriend told me that we can wait until the end of January if I want (would also mean less stress over the holidays).

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2010, 03:20:58 PM »
January 2nd, or the first weekend day that DH is around to haul the tree out of the house. Often a two- or three-day process.

CherryRipe

« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2010, 07:44:08 PM »
My family takes everything down on New Year's, with the rationale that "Christmas was LAST year, and now it's THIS year."

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2010, 10:47:01 PM »
Mine go up the Saturday after Thanksgiving (still at my parents' until then!) and come down sometime between New Years and Epiphany.  I love my Christmas decorations, but I agree that having them up for a shorter time makes them feel more special.

LadyR

• Musings of A Pinterest Mom
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2010, 09:01:15 PM »
We try for Jan 1st. This year it was Jan 20th. Oops.