News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• October 24, 2017, 04:48:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Easy Chocolate Cake- that is vegan  (Read 659 times)

Evil Duckie

• This is not the duck you are looking for
    • My dragon scroll
Easy Chocolate Cake- that is vegan
« on: January 09, 2010, 11:00:29 AM »
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com because my DS#1 and DIL were coming to visit over Christmas and my DIL is vegan. I didn't want her to feel left out so when I found this recipe I tried it on my family and they loved it. Yes, they knew it was vegan. I then made it, as mini cupcakes, for DH's family and DS#1 and DIL when they came over to celebrate Christmas without telling them, except for DS#1 and DIL, that it was Vegan because they would have complained, it was a hit and was asked for the recipe. The only complaint was that I did not make enough. DIL also loved it. I have made it since and the boys and their friends devoured them.

Vegan Chocolate Cake

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1 cup water

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan. Will also make 1- 8" round cake or 12 cupcakes or 24 mini cupcakes
Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth. Do not mix long or they will turn out tough.
Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.  For round cake 30 minutes for cupcakes 20 minutes.

edited for a mistake in the recipe

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?