Author Topic: Candidates for worst song ever.  (Read 35671 times)

rosiecat

Re: Candidates for worst song ever.
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2010, 09:16:43 PM »
All the songs I've ever heard that have my real-world first name (and I am not revealing it).

I know your real-world first name.  I can only think of three songs.  One - that horrible one from the 60s, one, I think from the 80s, awful song, and another by Frank Sinatra that isn't half bad.

Your name is my name.  Do we have more than three????

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2010, 09:28:53 PM »
I actually like "Truly, Madly, Deeply" and "Kokomo."  ;D

I like "Truly, Madly, Deeply" also.     

Doesn't bother me if other people don't like it, because everybody has their preferences, but I wish people wouldn't describe it as "yuk" or question how anybody could ever like it... I mean, clearly some of us do!   And there's nothing wrong with that.    :)

"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2010, 09:50:15 PM »
One I hate is "Mr Lonely" or whathaveyou. Can't remember who sings it.

The guy just says "Lonely, I'm mr lonely, I have nobody to call my own" .

Duuuuude.

1) You don't OWN a girl and
2) From what I remember of the song, you reap what you saw, or bed made lie, or whatever phrase applies. Just because you say you're sorry doesn't mean you can be forgiven or your actions forgotten!

^^;;

Actually, that song is about a drafted soldier out in the trenches, and he doesn't ever get a single letter from anyone. Not even his parents or siblings, let alone a girlfriend. He even laments that he's been completely forgotten by everyone he knew, and wonders why he's such a horrible person that no one contacts him when he didn't want to go to war in the first place. It's a freaking depressing song, which is why I don't like it much.

Actually, all those super-depressing songs bother me. I also hate Linkin Park's 'Crawling', because it makes my teeth ache.

Akarui Kibuno

« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2010, 09:56:57 PM »
One I hate is "Mr Lonely" or whathaveyou. Can't remember who sings it.

The guy just says "Lonely, I'm mr lonely, I have nobody to call my own" .

Duuuuude.

1) You don't OWN a girl and
2) From what I remember of the song, you reap what you saw, or bed made lie, or whatever phrase applies. Just because you say you're sorry doesn't mean you can be forgiven or your actions forgotten!

^^;;

Actually, that song is about a drafted soldier out in the trenches, and he doesn't ever get a single letter from anyone. Not even his parents or siblings, let alone a girlfriend. He even laments that he's been completely forgotten by everyone he knew, and wonders why he's such a horrible person that no one contacts him when he didn't want to go to war in the first place. It's a freaking depressing song, which is why I don't like it much.

Actually, all those super-depressing songs bother me. I also hate Linkin Park's 'Crawling', because it makes my teeth ache.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/akon/lonely.html

I had to google it and I meant this song. Are we talking about the same one ^^;; ?
My FB rants blog (English) - My personal site (French)
A click on one of the ads every so often would help a lot if possible. Thank you <3 .

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2010, 10:02:54 PM »
^ Apparently not. I was talking about the Bobby Vinton one from the 1950's.

http://www.lyrics007.com/Vinton%20Bobby%20Lyrics/Mr%20Lonely%20Lyrics.html

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2010, 10:07:40 PM »
All the songs I've ever heard that have my real-world first name (and I am not revealing it).

I know your real-world first name.  I can only think of three songs.  One - that horrible one from the 60s, one, I think from the 80s, awful song, and another by Frank Sinatra that isn't half bad.

Your name is my name.  Do we have more than three????

Not that I'm aware of.

Shea

« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2010, 10:21:31 PM »
Big Green Tractor, which was playing on EVERY country music station every 5 minutes for MONTHS last year. I was about ready to punch out my eardrums. Something about that song drove me nuts.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

Night_owl

« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2010, 10:49:14 PM »
Thanks for a fantastic evening!  I read the thread AND listened to the bad songs at the same time.  My kids wanted to know why I was laughing so hard.  My 5 year old voted "last kiss" as the worst, while Older Son definitely thought Paul Anka song about "Having my bbaby" was the worst.  Sadly, Daughter liked all the songs and wanted to know why I was laughing at the "pretty" songs. 

"Truly, Madly, Deeply" was my wedding song because we couldn't think of a song and we let our nine year old flower girl pick the song........

The worst song ever "Rocky" by Austin Roberts about a girl who afraid to fall in love, have baby, and then dies.  Horrible, schmaltzy, depressing and annoying.  Other songs, "Family Man" by Hall and Oates, "Hot child in the city" and "Fancy" by Reba Mcentyre.

Reika

« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2010, 10:55:39 PM »
I know I'm a little late for the game, but there's one that's always made my skin crawl, and I can't forget it.

Heart's "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love to You."

Basically about a woman having a one night stand to get preggers because her significant other couldn't. The first time I heard that song (which was in my mid-teens), "Hasn't she heard of getting sperm from an actual donor?"

My friends all thought I was horribly unromantic.

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2010, 11:11:51 PM »
Shea: Oh yes, Big Green Tractor, not so great. But I don't think Jason Aldean can sing anyway. He's way too nasally and I just hate the sound of his voice. I also hate the similarly themed She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy by Kenny Chesney. Songs like that give country music a bad name. It's awful and sounds too much like pop music anyway.

Ed.

Bellantara

• Normal is a setting on the washing machine.
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2010, 11:15:26 PM »
Big Green Tractor, which was playing on EVERY country music station every 5 minutes for MONTHS last year. I was about ready to punch out my eardrums. Something about that song drove me nuts.

Me too.  I mean, come on, Jason Aldean, your girlfriend comes to see you, all dressed up and everything, and your idea of a good time is to take her riding on the tractor?

Even my idiot redneck cousins can do better than that.  ::)

Moogle

« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2010, 01:37:34 AM »

No love for Shiny Happy People?

Admittedly its very diffrent for REM... but I guess I love it because it was my mom and stepdad's wedding song.

Sorry, no. For some reason it makes me want to remove my ears permanently. And I am their biggest fan. NOT in a creepy way though  ;)

I read somewhere that Michael Stipe isn't too fond of Shiny Happy People either.  :)

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2010, 03:16:50 AM »

Me too.  I mean, come on, Jason Aldean, your girlfriend comes to see you, all dressed up and everything, and your idea of a good time is to take her riding on the tractor?

Even my idiot redneck cousins can do better than that.  ::)

Not romantic enough? Try "I've got a brand new combine harvester (and I'll give you the key)" by the Worzels then! (I love that song- how can you not fall for a man singing "'Cause I've got twenty acres, And you've got forty three..."
NE England

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2010, 04:33:42 AM »

I wouldn't call it a real song but has anybody heard 'Revolution 9' by The Beatles?
The first time my dh played that for me I ran screaming from the room with threats to kill  :D. It was baaaaad  :o

And anything by The Who.    Who are you who who who who  ::)
Stewart/Colbert '16

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2010, 05:15:13 AM »
I like The Who, but not enough for me to want them as the halftime show for the Superbowl. :-\