Author Topic: Candidates for worst song ever.  (Read 35290 times)

Emmy

Re: Candidates for worst song ever.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 06:50:26 PM »
"Truly, Madly, Deeply" by Savage Garden.  It is syrupy sweet song that I would have never liked, but when I was going through an awful breakup that song was on the radio all the time.

"Ghetto Superstar" or any other gangsta rap without a good beat.  It just makes no sense to me and if it doesn't have a good beat, it is very hard to dance to.  For example, most of the stuff that Eminem does except "Slim Shady" and a few others.

I like most of the songs others have mentioned, although I do have to agree that Christmas Shoes and Hero are nauseating sticky sweet songs that make my stomach turn.

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 07:03:34 PM »
Guilt trip songs they sing in houses of worship- especially during certain parts of the year.
It is NOT the fault of anyone alive right now what happened centuries ago.

Songs that bash the USA- more guilt trips.

Any and every guilt trip song. Period.
I have pet mice!

clairesmom77

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 07:04:38 PM »
Hero and My Heart Will Go On are both awful, but they've already been mentioned.  
My contribution:
Walking in Memphis and anything by Wayne Newton.

xena2560

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 07:24:53 PM »
"Tik Tok"  Why brush your teeth with a bottle of whiskey?

POD to "My Heart Will Go On", "Truly, Madly, Deeply" and "Christmas Shoes"

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 07:36:42 PM »
Cat's in the Cradle...drives me nuts at karaoke...it's so long!
Same with Turn, Turn, Turn
When I was a kid we had only one radio station and it must have had only one record, The Tennessee Waltz.  Even though I was just a little kid, I remember gritting my teeth because they played it over and over and over.  To this day I can't stand it.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 07:42:50 PM »
Rhapsody in Blue!  Anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber!
Just kidding....I love Rhapsody in Blue and I love anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 07:44:28 PM »
I actually love the OTT syrupy-sweet love songs!  They amuse me.    :)

But I agree with Butterfly Kisses, that song is just weird!  And Roxanne. ick.   And I can't stand that song by the Black Eyed Peas, the Hump one.... it makes me want to rip my own ears off.  

I'm sure somebody will mention "I've never been to me" by Charlene, but I love that song.  I heard it was once voted the most "pointless song of all time" though.

"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 07:45:17 PM »
I don't think I've liked the "music of today" for a couple of decades.  It just sounds like noise to me.  I like some classical, some I cannot tolerate.  

Syfygeek

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 08:16:58 PM »
"Hero" by Enrique Iglesias. The most syrupy song ever recorded. Features such scorching lyrics as "Would you tremble if I touched your lips?" Bllleecchhhh! Be sure to catch the video which has Enrique slobbering all over Jennifer Love Hewitt and being beaten to death by Mickey Rourke. And no, I'm not joking.

I always want to add lyrics to Hero- would you yell for help if I slapped you? would you celebrate if fell off a cliff?...
That's my purse! I don't know you!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 08:44:24 PM »
Every Breath You Take- Police...

And I will never understand why people insist on using a song about a flipping stalker as a wedding song.

edited because you is not using  ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:02:08 PM by Dazi »
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

NsWife

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »
Songs that I hate include:  "Sometimes when we touch" Dan Hill, B52s "Love Shack" and "Honesty" Billy Joel (and I adore Billy Joel & the B52s)

marksgirl

• Life is Made Up of Tiny Miracles
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 09:47:29 PM »
POD the Christmas Shoes I hate that song. I also hate this song by I think Dan Foglerburg they always play around Christmas about a guy who mets his old gf in a grocery store and they drink beer in a parking lot and the snow turns to rain. That just screams Merry Christmas!  ::)

"Sometimes I wish I could freeze the picture and save it from the funny tricks of time"-ABBA

Cyradis

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 09:54:15 PM »
Ice, Ice, Baby - Vanilla Ice. My friends all adored it when it came out but it left me  ???

Mmm Bopp - Hansen. It wasn't safe to turn on the radio the year it was released.

I'm sure somebody will mention "I've never been to me" by Charlene, but I love that song.  I heard it was once voted the most "pointless song of all time" though.

The line about seeing things "that a woman ain't s'pose to see" has intrigued me for decades.  :D

Akarui Kibuno

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 09:59:49 PM »
One I hate is "Mr Lonely" or whathaveyou. Can't remember who sings it.

The guy just says "Lonely, I'm mr lonely, I have nobody to call my own" .

Duuuuude.

1) You don't OWN a girl and
2) From what I remember of the song, you reap what you saw, or bed made lie, or whatever phrase applies. Just because you say you're sorry doesn't mean you can be forgiven or your actions forgotten!

^^;;
My FB rants blog (English) - My personal site (French)
A click on one of the ads every so often would help a lot if possible. Thank you <3 .

rosiecat

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 10:11:45 PM »
Rhapsody in Blue!  Anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber!
Just kidding....I love Rhapsody in Blue and I love anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber. 

I just went va-klempt.  Rhapsody in Blue??? Oh... good, you were joking...

ALW... well....  I don't like alot of his stuff....One or two I like.

American Pie.  If I never hear that song again I will die a happy woman.

Margaritaville.

Some of the songs mentioned, I actually like (not telling which ones).

I have a new apprecation of 80s songs since playing Rock Band.