Author Topic: Candidates for worst song ever.  (Read 37963 times)

Perfect Circle

• Birdie in the hand for life's rich demand
Re: Candidates for worst song ever.
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2010, 02:39:38 PM »

No love for Shiny Happy People?

Admittedly its very diffrent for REM... but I guess I love it because it was my mom and stepdad's wedding song.

Sorry, no. For some reason it makes me want to remove my ears permanently. And I am their biggest fan. NOT in a creepy way though  ;)
There's a secret stigma, reaping wheel.
Diminish, a carnival of sorts.
Chronic town, poster torn, reaping wheel.
Stranger, stranger to these parts.

Miss March

« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2010, 02:48:10 PM »
Gwen Stefani had this song called "Sweet Escape" where in the background some male singer (a-kon?) was singing two high pitched sounds-- "woo hoo.....wee hoo.....woo hoo....wee hoo"

If I hear that, I have those awful noises in my head for the rest of the day!
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good bye so hard.-- Winnie the Poo

L.A. Lady

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2010, 02:54:26 PM »
Anything sung by Mariah Carey.

True story: Mariah Carey once set of my automatic garage door. I was listening to her Daydreamer cd when I was about 10 or something and the high pitch of her voice set off the garage door! ;D

Most show tunes send me into a blinding rage. Anything from South Pacific or The King and I makes me go numb.

TylerBelle

« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »
I can’t believe no one’s mentioned this one yet – You Light Up My Life  - Debbie Boone

Off topic but I love this song  ;D!

On topic: I can't stand Cindy Lauper's She-Bop

At one time I liked Lauper's She-Bop, I got the album and used to dance around to the song in my younger years. That was until I learned what the song meant, then my enjoyment was pretty much soured and so don't care for it really anymore.

I also too like the Debby Boone song mentioned.

True story: Mariah Carey once set of my automatic garage door. I was listening to her Daydreamer cd when I was about 10 or something and the high pitch of her voice set off the garage door! ;D

Most show tunes send me into a blinding rage. Anything from South Pacific or The King and I makes me go numb.

Hehehehe!!! That's really funny and I think the best use of her voice.
Always be on the lookout for wonder. --E.B. White

Punky B.

• I prefer not to.
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2010, 03:46:25 PM »
When Doves Cry - Prince.

I do enjoy most of his music, but this song, just no. And as I've seen mentioned with other folks' choices, this is one my friends loved with it came out and so it was played over and over and over again, which just added to my disdain of it.

One of mine is Diamonds and Pearls by Prince- it makes my brain die.  D to the I to the A to the M....

Snowy Owl

« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2010, 03:59:12 PM »
Definitely anything by James Blunt or Jamie Cullum as I really can't stand their voices.   

The only song I really can't stand is a dreadful Burt Bacharach song called "Wives and Lovers" about the importance of getting dressed up for your husband coming home.  There's just something about it that makes me feel like throwing the CD through the window.  I hate the lyrics and I hate the message it's conveying. 
And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.

Friedrich Nietzsche

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »
That ghastly song about "I wanna have your babies, Comin' up like daisies"

Ack. Although It would be easier if they actually did and women didn't have to do that whole inconvenient pregnancy and birth thing.

Mistletoe and Wine by Cliff Richards. Syrupy, glurgy saccharine. But not as annoying as the one mentioned above.

The Frog Chorus by Paul McCartney.

NE England

TychaBrahe

• Super Hero!
  • Defend the mother closet!
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2010, 04:59:21 PM »
Anything by Melanie.

Aw, come on and sing along with me.

"I was just thinking 'bout the way it's suppose to be.
I'll eat the plants and the fruit from the trees.
And I'll live on vegetables, and I'll grow on seeds,
But I don't eat animals and they don't eat me."
"Brownies and kindness for all!"  — High Dudgeon

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2010, 05:10:29 PM »
That ghastly song about "I wanna have your babies, Comin' up like daisies"

Ack. Although It would be easier if they actually did and women didn't have to do that whole inconvenient pregnancy and birth thing.

Mistletoe and Wine by Cliff Richards. Syrupy, glurgy saccharine. But not as annoying as the one mentioned above.

The Frog Chorus by Paul McCartney.

Aww. No love for "I wanna have your babies"?

lol

It is a strange song, but I think its kinda catchy, and I like the message, which is that she's rapidly falling in love, and dealing with all the giddyness and concern that falling in love brings up.

It bridges that gap between "We are SOOO in love and we're MADE for each other" and "Oh he don't love me but I'm gonna pine for him until he does, because I have no life" (No judgements on anyone who feels either of those ways, but there are a LOT of songs that are one extreme or the other.)

(Also, you (general you) can love/hate any song you want, I just am a bit of an arguement driven person, so I stick up for songs that I like. lol)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

beingkj

• Demonic kangaroos are far scarier than Drop Bears
  • I am invisible
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2010, 05:44:22 PM »
Hey you guys not liking songs with your name - at least you HAVE a dong with your name in there.

Right.  And a dong is way better than some dumb old song any day.

...and that's what I get trusting spell check :P

Not going to fix the original though, it's quite funny...

Much funnier if you're Australian  >:D
Oh no, I'm blogging!

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2010, 06:22:34 PM »

I read a story about something similar happening to Ella Fitzgerald.  She was singing with her band in her home recording studio, and she hit a note that triggered the fire alarm.

Pinky830

« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2010, 08:18:44 PM »
My next one is Sarah MacLaughlin's "In the Arms of an Angel."  Maybe it's how it's been used recently but I can't listen to it.

Venus, I hate that song too! There were actually a bunch of super-emotive "chick songs" popular within that same year or two, and I hated all of them.

Firecat

« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2010, 08:27:58 PM »
I actually like "Truly, Madly, Deeply" and "Kokomo."  ;D

But I HATE the song "Last Kiss" (originally recorded in the 50s or 60s and then covered by Pearl Jam). I make my DH change stations on the radio when it comes on.

Also loathe "Groove is in the Heart" by a one-hit wonder called (I think) Deelite or something like that. And "The Christmas Shoes" makes me want to throw things - starting with the radio.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2010, 09:12:19 PM »
I can't believe nobody mentioned "And Honey I miss you".  I hate that song!
Bobby Goldsboro.  I'm with you. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2010, 09:14:26 PM »
I don't like Neil Diamond's music except for September Morn, which is beautiful.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.