Author Topic: Candidates for worst song ever.  (Read 37853 times)

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
Re: Candidates for worst song ever.
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 10:16:30 PM »
"My Heart Will Go On", by Celine Dion and "Loving You" by Minnie Ripperton are my other additions.

I have a great live recording of "My Heart Will Go On"...by one of my favorite goth bands- Bella Morte.  >:D >:D >:D The lead singer starts the song off by saying "this is a song none of you should know, but all of you do..."

I love that man. ;D
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

MsCopper

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2010, 10:19:45 PM »
Macarena.
Who let the dogs out. who? Who? Who? Who? Who? Arrrgh!
Love Shack.
Anything by Michael Bolton.

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday"

kansha

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2010, 10:21:39 PM »
'you're having my baby' by paul anka *gags*

Maggie

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2010, 10:32:39 PM »
I can't believe nobody mentioned "And Honey I miss you".  I hate that song!

randomtangent

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2010, 10:48:49 PM »
oooo...oooo...i wanna play!  i haven't posted in a while, but i saw this thread and i couldn't help myself.
POD a million times over on the Dan Folgerburg 'met my lover in the grocery store' "Christmas" song.  HATE IT!  scream ad turn the readio every time it's on.
Anything by the Spice Girls.  my sister had the movie and played it non-stop.  it mysteriously disappeared and i have repressed where i put it so it might never make a reappearance. 

rosiecat

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2010, 10:50:44 PM »
Maggie - please don't torture us with the lyrics.  My ears!!! My ears!!!!

The song is just called "Honey".  And I totally, 100% agree with you!!!

extranormal

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2010, 11:18:08 PM »
I'm voting for Your Body is a Wonderland (John Mayer).

And I'll have to agree with the Village Voice that the remake of Big Yellow Taxi was an abomination.

I'll throw some love to Steely Dan and Bobby Vinton though.  :)

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2010, 11:35:23 PM »
Hmmm, some good choices. Like Rosiecat said some of the songs mentioned I actually like but I won't get into an argument over it. I'm actually not familiar with the song The Christmas Shoes though.

OK another one or two from me. Back in the 80s (another one hit wonder) there was this song What I Am from this band Edie Brickell and The New Bohemians, I thought it was like nails on a chalkboard. I still don't understand why people liked it, Edie Brickell went on to marry Paul Simon though. And I have to agree I think My Heart Will Go On is perfectly dreadful.

Ed.

penguinpants

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2010, 11:43:54 PM »
Nobody mentioned "Puberty Love"???
Surprises are foolish things. The pleasure is not enhanced, and the inconvenience is often considerable. -- Jane Austen

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2010, 11:48:56 PM »
I absolutely hate Whitney Houston's version of I Will Always Love You, she took a beautiful song and totally ruined it. I also hate anything, and I do mean anything by Duran Duran, total garbage.

Ed.

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2010, 11:52:12 PM »
Some of those sappy early 60's songs, "The Leader of the pack" "The Leader of the Laundramat"  "Tell laura, I love her"

TylerBelle

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2010, 12:09:15 AM »
When Doves Cry - Prince.

I do enjoy most of his music, but this song, just no. And as I've seen mentioned with other folks' choices, this is one my friends loved with it came out and so it was played over and over and over again, which just added to my disdain of it.
Always be on the lookout for wonder. --E.B. White

Paper Roses

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 01:54:49 AM »
Anything by John Mayer.  I don't know why; he just irritates me.

POD to "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston.  Or should I say, "IIIIIIIIIIiyeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyeeeeeeeiiiiiii will always love yoooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu."

MacArthur Park.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - What exactly is so unique about this cake?  And if it is, in fact, so special and wonderful, why, for the love of all that is holy, did its creator allow "someone" to leave it out in the rain?  And once they did, why didn't they oh, I don't know, go out and get it, rather than stand in the window watching it disintegrate and having a nervous breakdown, all the while writing a song about it????????? 

And who names their cakes?  And if they do, why "MacArthur Park?"  Why not just Bob, or Jim, or Annie, or Jake?  Jake the Cake makes more sense than MacArthur Park. 

And if the recipe is so unbelievably awesome, why not copy it?  And also, if it's so wonderful, why didn't anyone bring it in out of the rain?  And why was there even any left?  It couldn't have been that great if no one ate it now, could it? 
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

MaggieB

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 02:17:49 AM »
"Tik Tok"  Why brush your teeth with a bottle of whiskey?

'Cause when she leaves for the night she ain't coming back? 

(Just kidding, I'm pretty indifferent to that sing, but that line makes no sense to me either. ;) )

As much as I hate to contribute to any country music bashing, I have to say that Kenny Rogers had some doozies.  Coward of the County and Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town are so horrible I can't help but laugh...and then I feel bad.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 04:48:48 AM »
Feliz Navidad...During the Christmas Season, it is hard to stifle the urge to gouge my eardrums with an icepick (kidding, well sort of  ;))
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah