News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 23, 2018, 04:16:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Have to brag about my mum  (Read 1692 times)

beingkj

• Demonic kangaroos are far scarier than Drop Bears
  • I am invisible
Have to brag about my mum
« on: January 26, 2010, 08:57:59 PM »
After spending the weekend with my mother, I have to brag about this.

Mum runs a small quilting business, and in order to practice her freehand quilting, try out new patterns, and use up scrap fabric she has been making quilts to donate to a charity that gives them to foster children. I can't remember the name of the charity, I'm afraid.

The idea is, these children go through a lot of change and moving through foster homes, so they are given a quilt that is all their own - to cuddle in or hide under - that they never have to leave behind. I had tears in my eyes when I watched her finish 3 in one afternoon.

My mum rocks.
Oh no, I'm blogging!

rosiecat

Re: Have to brag about my mum
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 09:21:48 PM »
She certainly does rock!

I have a few quilts from my gma and my mom, and I still sleep with them.  Not only are they warm, but every time I see them, I remember the women....

My nieces (in their 30s) still have their dee-dees.  Pieces of quilts mom made. 

God bless your mom!

KimberlyRose

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 11:24:06 PM »
Mum runs a small quilting business, and in order to practice her freehand quilting, try out new patterns, and use up scrap fabric she has been making quilts to donate to a charity that gives them to foster children. I can't remember the name of the charity, I'm afraid.

The idea is, these children go through a lot of change and moving through foster homes, so they are given a quilt that is all their own - to cuddle in or hide under - that they never have to leave behind. I had tears in my eyes when I watched her finish 3 in one afternoon.

It sounds like Project Linus.  (http://www.projectlinus.org/)

My mum rocks.

Yes, she certainly does.

hobish

• Release the gelfling!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 11:29:54 PM »

What a really really great idea! Your mum sure does rock.

...and, btw, i have an "ugly quilt" that my sister in law made me from scraps. I love the thing. It's one of my favorite posessions. I think it is beautiful.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem