Author Topic: EHellions - you are so beautiful!  (Read 7471 times)

DottyG

• Super Hero!
EHellions - you are so beautiful!
« on: February 18, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
I propose we start our own little distribution of notes in random places reminding our fellow females (and males!) that they truly are worth something.  That everyone is beautiful.

With all the negativity in the world, we have the power to put something positive out there.

I think this sounds like a fun thing to start doing:  http://operationbeautiful.com/

Scuba_Dog

Re: EHellions - you are so beautiful!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 03:55:06 PM »
This is really cool!  I'm on board! 

On my way to get some sticky notes!
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

goblue2539

• Caffeine makes the world go 'round.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
I have to do this right now.

Even though we don't always agree, or maybe we never agree, this board has some of the nicest people I've ever "met".

Dottyg, thank you for looking out for us and reminding us that we are all beautiful and valuable people. You are beautiful. I don't care that I've never seen you. :) you have a beautiful heart and soul.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 07:58:02 PM »
goblue, you have no idea how much this meant to me to read. :)  Thank you so, so much!

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 07:58:41 PM »
Y'all need to go to the website and look at the 2 videos on there.  They're great!

Ok, now I'm going to have to go get a whole stack of Post-It Notes! :D

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 12:09:03 PM »
That website made me cry. I've been told all my life "I'd be so pretty if.."  I still get told that today.
Thank god my boyfriend is awesome and has seen my skinnier and heavier and always says the same thing, "I love you and it doesn't matter how you look to me, I want you to be happy." <---he is the best!

That website hit a nerve with me, I will definitely be writing on some sticky notes!

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 08:56:45 PM »
I know the sticky notes are kinda goofy, but I love goofy things! :D

I put one on a mirror at a restaurant I was at today right before I went into a stall.  As I was in their, I overheard a little girl come in, stop and slowly read the note out loud......"If you want to see pretty, look in a magazine...if you want to see beautiful, look in a mirror."  The way she read it, you could tell she was thinking about it.  And, I was thinking, "Yep! Teach 'em young that they can be beautiful little girls - no matter what!"

There's one on the stairwell of my apartment that's been there a couple of days now.  And, I smile every time I pass by it.  So, it's working!  If nothing else, on me! :)

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 11:31:51 AM »
I know the sticky notes are kinda goofy, but I love goofy things! :D

I put one on a mirror at a restaurant I was at today right before I went into a stall.  As I was in their, I overheard a little girl come in, stop and slowly read the note out loud......"If you want to see pretty, look in a magazine...if you want to see beautiful, look in a mirror."  The way she read it, you could tell she was thinking about it.  And, I was thinking, "Yep! Teach 'em young that they can be beautiful little girls - no matter what!"

There's one on the stairwell of my apartment that's been there a couple of days now.  And, I smile every time I pass by it.  So, it's working!  If nothing else, on me! :)

Ohhh, I love that first sticky quote! 
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

momof2weenies

• (3 weenies now!)
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 05:07:44 PM »
I put one on the mirror in our restroom at work last week - and it's still there!  DottyG, I think I may have to borrow yours for tomorrow!
"Dachshunds are like potato chips. You can never have just one."

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 05:10:42 PM »
Ok, I'm going to share my stash with y'all! ;)  Just because I like y'all.

I went through the OB site and collected some phrases that I liked (and added some of my own).  Some ideas for you, in case you get stuck:

You look fantastic! Don’t you forget it!

You are beautiful – believe it!

You are beautiful!  YES  YOU!

Smile! You are beautiful inside and out!

Every woman deserves to know how truly beautiful she is!

Smile and let others see your beauty!

You are gorgeous.  Don’t let anyone try to convince you otherwise!

You should smile, because you are beautiful today!

Never be afraid to be different.  True beauty is unique!

You have a beautiful smile!  Use it today!

When every woman sees how truly beautiful she is – we’ll be an army to deal with!

You want to see pretty? Look in a magazine.  You want to see beautiful?  Look in a mirror!

Change the way you see yourself – not the way you look.

I want you to have an amazing day.  Because YOU are amazing!

You matter to the world.  Don’t change!

Be true to your spectacular uniqueness!  You’re beautiful!

You look……WOW!

Do the world a favor today.  Show us your beautiful smile!

Things to do today 1) Remind yourself that you are gorgeous 2) Share your beautiful smile with the world 3) Believe that you have the power to change the world 4) Spread beauty

Take the time to cherish yourself.  You deserve it!

I’ve never seen a smiling face that wasn’t beautiful!

Look at that beautiful face. It’s YOU!

“To be yourself in a world constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think you’re amazing!  I hope you do, too!

Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the realization that she IS beautiful.

Samantha

• Super Hero!
  • Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 03:56:32 PM »
This thread has an interesting tie in for me this week... This week was Eating Disorder Awareness week on campus. There were tables set up in some of the buildings with brochures, flyers, and business cards, as well as ribbons to raise further awareness.

In addition to all that though... in every restroom I went in on campus this week, I saw the "chat bubbles" like they have in comics, posted to the mirrors. Each one of them had something positive posted, about how strong, intelligent, beautiful, and amazing the person reading the bubble is.

It brought a smile to my face each time, and made me think of ehell. I hope that the bubbles stay up for awhile, as I think so many could benefit from the reminder.

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07

MissBennet

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 09:03:25 AM »
I was walking through a cosmetic section in a department shop, and one of the areas (they have different areas for different brands (I think, I don't really wear makeup)) had a poster ad saying something along the lines of 'a smile is the best makeup, grin and wear it'. From a cosmetic company, who sometimes seem to write their ads to say 'you are really ugly, but if you buy our product we can hide it', it struck me as a lovely but unexpected surprise.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 06:22:41 PM »
Bumping this up because of a comment Auntie V made in another thread. :)  I think making that change that she's talking about can start with us - let's see if we can make a difference in our own little parts of the world!

If you post a note somewhere (and feel like telling us about the experience), share it with us here!

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 06:31:47 PM »
Just a little note to this....none of this has anything to do with a person's size or shape or color or whatever.  We need to get ALL women (and men ;)) to realize how beautiful they are.  No one type of person is immune to feeling icky about themselves at times.  So, think of this as a way to give someone a smile today whomever they are!

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 11:21:13 PM »
I'm in.  I pulled some stickies out of my stash and my markers.