Author Topic: EHellions - you are so beautiful!  (Read 7395 times)

Nora

Re: EHellions - you are so beautiful!
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2010, 10:21:24 AM »
I'm going to stick post-it notes with compliments on them in the bathrooms at work all week this week. My workplace sees some distressing things (hospital), and sometimes people get very down about life. I'm thinking of combining notes such as "You are pretty today!", with "You are much smarter than you give yourself credit for.".
Too many of the women I see are convinced they are idiots, when they are nothing of the sort. It bums me out when these sweet women in my department tell me how clever they think I am for studying, but at the same time put themselves down for "only" being secretaries. New things are looming ahead that will replace our main function here, and people are scared for their jobs, afraid that if they get fired they can't do anything else. I know darned well that a big reason I'm in university, and they didn't go was situational(times + economy), they just don't see it. They've internalised what they where told when they where young, and it's just not true, nor fair.

So what do you think? Any more good compliments on internal qualities I can put up there?
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »
Up, because I'm about to reference it in another thread.....

AND, because I still think our EHellions are beautiful! :)

Ondine

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 06:22:25 PM »
Awwww thanks DottyG. :)

Perseus always tells me I'm beautiful, and he's the first partner I've had that has told me that. And you know what? I'm starting to believe it. :)

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 02:13:58 AM »
Andromeda, I'm glad it's finally sinking in. :) You have a good guy there. Listen to him.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2011, 03:32:09 PM »
Bumping this up.  We need a good dose of this about now in our own little parts of the world. :)