News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 06, 2015, 09:06:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 418561 times)

TeamBhakta

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2670 on: January 29, 2015, 10:49:44 PM »
I've posted in this thread before about the ghost kitties in my house, the ones that make vomiting noises, purr under empty covers, etc. Well, I got quite a shock tonight. I was standing in the kitchen eating a snack. I saw what I thought was one of my real cats go trotting through the den (which is next to the kitchen and separated by a bar), heard it rattle the blinds on the sliding glass door + saw the blinds rattle and heard it touch the door. Which is usually a sign one of them needs to use the bathroom. Not having my glasses on, I didn't know which cat went past. So I walked around the bar and said "You wanna go out ?" And there was no cat there. Walked around the house and found two cats sleeping + one still perched at the bathroom faucet to drink water. The cat in the bathroom whines loudly if the sliding door is closed and needs to go out, so it wasn't her at the door. I definitely don't have rats in the house, let alone cat sized ones with kitty tails!

Bandu

« Reply #2671 on: February 17, 2015, 09:01:10 PM »
Gather round the fire, my friends, and let me tell you a tale, a family story that flew from sister to sister today.

My mother died about 4 years ago, breaking my father's heart. Their's had been a deep love match, married since 1955 and still flirting till the end. By the time my mother died (Parkinson's disease), it was apparent that Alzheimer's was grabbing hold of my father. He mourned hard for about a year, saying he wanted to be with her. Then the Alzheimer's took over, and while he's still at home and mobile, with round-the-clock ladies who cook for him and make sure he's safe, he doesn't really quite know who we are.

This morning, when the morning carer came to take over from the overnight watcher, the overnight lady, a new hire, asked if my Dad usually had visitors later at night. "Uh, no, why?" The night lady then said that around 10:30 p.m., she saw a woman in a blue-and-white house dress come from the kitchen, walk down the short hall to my parents' bedroom, and get in bed with my dad. Then, blink! the woman was gone.

The blue-and-white dress is the clincher for me: That had to have been my mom, she wore that housedress constantly. She went to bed at that time every night.

Now, I've never seen any kind of apparition, so I'm surprised at how this story made me feel. I'm not spooked by it at all. Rather, I'm happy for my Dad. What a comfort, to still be able to sleep with his beloved. I like to think that on some level, her presence gets through to him, and makes him happy.

gmatoy

« Reply #2672 on: February 17, 2015, 09:03:21 PM »
Bandu, I am fighting tears. I have the same take on it as you do!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2673 on: February 17, 2015, 09:04:21 PM »
What a lovely story. 
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Dr. F.

« Reply #2674 on: February 17, 2015, 09:16:14 PM »
Excuse me, I seem to unaccountably have pieces of dust in both my eyes.

What a lovely story.

Benni

« Reply #2675 on: February 17, 2015, 09:19:04 PM »
That's not a ghost story, that is a beautiful love story. (Where are those darn Puffs?)

Jocelyn

« Reply #2676 on: February 17, 2015, 10:03:11 PM »
Now, I've never seen any kind of apparition, so I'm surprised at how this story made me feel. I'm not spooked by it at all. Rather, I'm happy for my Dad. What a comfort, to still be able to sleep with his beloved. I like to think that on some level, her presence gets through to him, and makes him happy.
Rather, I'd be surprised if you WERE spooked by it! How could this be distressing to anyone?

At Christmas, my sister's younger grandson asked her if it were true that her house (where we were all staying) is haunted. My sister replied that there was such a legend, but that she had known the couple who supposedly haunt the house, and had wanted their house because of the happy times she'd spent there as their guest, and if they wanted to stay around, it was fine with her.

She's mentioned this to me before, and in a way that makes me think that she DOES know that they're still there, but she doesn't want to creep out the rest of the family. But then, she saw her first ghost while she was still an infant.   

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2677 on: February 17, 2015, 10:36:03 PM »
Bandu, your parents must have been very deeply in love with each other.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Bandu

« Reply #2678 on: February 17, 2015, 10:43:49 PM »
Rather, I'd be surprised if you WERE spooked by it! How could this be distressing to anyone?

No distress, Jocelyn. I meant spooked like a horse at sudden movement, having to jump back a bit to reorient my brain for a bit.

They were very, very good match, my folks. Total opposites who became a whole greater than the sum of its parts.

Thanks, all of y'all, for your kind words.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2679 on: March 04, 2015, 01:02:42 PM »
Something weird and scary happened last night. I was lying in bed when I swear a black-gray swirling mist passed through (or close by) me and out the window. Maybe the size of a basketball. A member of my family is not in good health and I freaked out thinking......I can't even say it. But that person is fine, thank the lord. I'm not scared anymore, but still wonder what it was. I was looking directly at it and it lasted a few seconds; it wasn't a blink and you miss it type of thing. It's hard to describe, but imagine seeing smoke (like from a cigarette; not solid, but you can see it's there) that seems to purposely traveling somewhere. I know it was not a reflection from a person, animal, or car passing outside.

TracyXJ

« Reply #2680 on: March 04, 2015, 01:49:30 PM »
Mine isn't scary or really spooky, more just being watched over.

When he was alive, my grandfather always loved cardinals.  The brighter red, the better.  He'd sit on his porch and watch them at all the feeders he'd placed.  After he passed, my mom would tell me that the cardinals were him watching over us.  One of the most noticeable was on my oldest brother's wedding day.  Everyone is at the location and rushing around getting stuff set up.  At one point, both my brothers and I are standing outside talking with no one else around.  At a lull in the conversation, a big, bright red cardinal came and landed on the ground about 5 ft from us and just looked at the 3 of us for a bit.  We all looked back.  And then he just flew off.  Grandpa just wanted to be a part of it and let us know he was happy.

I also had a cardinal stare through a window at me as I told my mom (grandpa's daughter) that I was pregnant with my first.