News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 25, 2018, 06:22:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Co-workers say the silliest things  (Read 3934 times)

GardenGal

Re: Co-workers say the silliest things
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 04:30:54 PM »
Some succulents change color when stressed by very dry conditions, and it is a fine line between getting that beautiful red or violet foliage and actually killing your plant with drought.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

Aleko

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 01:13:52 AM »
do you really want a tree that hates you?

Ever since I read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets I've suspected that a Whomping Willow is really just an ordinary magical willow made aggressive by its environment, and that you can create one by planting a magical willow as a sapling and being consistently nasty to it as it grows; much as you can make a cute puppy into a snarling vicious guard dog by keeping it chained up and abusing it.

Nuku

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 06:06:25 PM »
do you really want a tree that hates you?

Ever since I read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets I've suspected that a Whomping Willow is really just an ordinary magical willow made aggressive by its environment, and that you can create one by planting a magical willow as a sapling and being consistently nasty to it as it grows; much as you can make a cute puppy into a snarling vicious guard dog by keeping it chained up and abusing it.

I saw Day of the Triffids at a very impressionable age, and I firmly believe one should be nice to plants.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 09:46:33 PM »
This is one I love to tell. This was actually from the nursing home my mother worked at. They had a lovely fishtank, and one of her coworkers went to clean out the fish tank. It... somehow lead to all of the fish dying. I forget how... but they were ex-fish.

This led to the following conversation:

Fishtank cleaning coworker: *freaking out that she killed the fish*
Other Coworker: *just as my mom comes into the room* Fish murderer!

My mom, OC, and FCC burst into hysterical laughter at this, and it was a few moments before they composed themselves enough to get back to work.

For weeks after, fish murderer was said a *lot* amongst the staff at random moments.  ;D

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 07:15:06 AM »
Years ago I worked with a woman who was possibly the stupidest woman I’ve ever met. A colleague went on a work trip to New Orleans. We were all jealous, but Stupid Lady declared that N.O. was a terrible place “Because her sister went there once and the profiteroles were awful.” so the entire city was dead to her. She was serious.

I think I may have worked with a cousin of your stupid co-worker.

This woman tried to be an expert on everything. There were 4 of us in the lounge one day, including her. I don't remember what we were talking about, but somehow the conversation lead to the computer and the internet. She says, there are several different kinds of internet. We looked at her strangely, and the 2 guys, who were more computer savvy asked her what she was talking about, that there is only one internet. No, she said, there are all kinds of internets, and she started listing internet providers. She was told those are internet providers and that there was only one internet. She was adamant there was more than one internet. We all just stopped talking to her for fear of getting dumber while listening to her.

Barney girl

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 02:51:45 PM »
She may have had some half remembered information about how the internet and world wide web are not the same ie the latter is part of the former

PennyandPleased

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 09:11:13 AM »
Years ago I worked with a woman who was possibly the stupidest woman I’ve ever met. A colleague went on a work trip to New Orleans. We were all jealous, but Stupid Lady declared that N.O. was a terrible place “Because her sister went there once and the profiteroles were awful.” so the entire city was dead to her. She was serious.

I think I may have worked with a cousin of your stupid co-worker.

This woman tried to be an expert on everything. There were 4 of us in the lounge one day, including her. I don't remember what we were talking about, but somehow the conversation lead to the computer and the internet. She says, there are several different kinds of internet. We looked at her strangely, and the 2 guys, who were more computer savvy asked her what she was talking about, that there is only one internet. No, she said, there are all kinds of internets, and she started listing internet providers. She was told those are internet providers and that there was only one internet. She was adamant there was more than one internet. We all just stopped talking to her for fear of getting dumber while listening to her.

Wow! I think I worked with the OTHER cousin of your coworkers.

My former coworker went to Paris for 3 nights and apparently managed to not have any good meals while there. (I think she only ate at the little street-side cafes and SOMETIMES the food at those is not too great.) Anyway, she came back from her trip ranting and raving about how "ALLLLLL THE FOOD AND RESTAURANTS IN PARIS ARE TERRIBLE!" And anytime anyone mentioned France or Paris she would loudly declare that all the restaurants in Paris are bad and you can't get a good meal there. One time someone gently said that they thought co-worker just managed to strike out while there and had some bad luck and co-worker got all riled up and said the other person was wrong and she KNOWS that Paris has bad food and you just can't get a good meal there.

Yes co-worker. You're right. No good food in Paris. None. Not a single good meal to be found. Ever.