News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 13, 2016, 06:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 127280 times)

Outdoor Girl

Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #960 on: November 25, 2015, 04:59:37 AM »
Dear Squeak:

Oh, little one.  You race for the door.  The big heavy door on a spring so it closes by itself.  Usually we see you coming and grab it and close it gently.  We didn't see you today!  So sorry, little girl.

But maybe now, you'll stop running hell bent for leather to get out the door.   :P

Many apologies,
The fud lady

(Squeak currently has a very sore nose.  I was afraid she'd caught a paw but nope, just her nose.  And she lived up to her name when it happened.  Poor little girl.)
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Dr. F.

« Reply #961 on: February 10, 2016, 08:59:28 PM »
Dear Lucas,

Congrats, you've figured out how to game the system by scratching on the door, not go out, oh no! but to get the coming-back-inside treat. From here on out, you have to stay outside for at least a couple minutes, yes, even if it's cold, to get the treat.

Goof dog.

The Mommy

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #962 on: February 11, 2016, 04:30:17 AM »
Dear Ned,

Yes, it's a good thing you've got the rounding up instinct-- you better have, considering your beautiful Border Collie breeding and your lovely (dearly departed and missed) grandmother. But I do wish you'd stop trying to round up the goats-- the big one doesn't like you, and she's demonstrated that a few times, but you still don't seem to get it. I will laugh the next time the big one decides to have a go at you.

Love,
The goat wrangler.

Dear Penny

Stop taunting Sooki. You've been injured numerous times by her and you still keep going back for seconds.

Not amused
Sooki's handler.

Captains Flat, Australia

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #963 on: February 11, 2016, 05:27:56 AM »
Dear Rogie

You have a dog door which we installed at great cost, you use it to go out, then you forget it's there and scrape the door to come in, but when I reluctantly open the door, you run away. Please just use the dog door and stop driving me crazy.

Dear Lexie,

That was a pretty good vet visit, I hope you agree. Your tummy must be feeling happier now. It was a bit traumatic and it's hard for a lady to keep in nice in those circumstances. But you did fine.

The lady who feeds and walks you.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:30:52 AM by oz diva »

Victoria

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #964 on: February 11, 2016, 07:54:26 AM »
Dear Crash:

What on earth was with the barking all night long?  I wore earplugs but you kept BF awake.  Good job he doesn't have to go to work today and can grab a nap.

From the one who is off to buy a citronella spray refill for your bark collar tonight...
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

wheeitsme

« Reply #965 on: February 11, 2016, 11:28:47 AM »
Dear Dodger,

We have an electric dog door and you have a key attached to your collar.
You have no problem using the door when everyone is up and awake.
You don't need to wake me up to walk you to the door at 2 in the morning.  Really.

Luvs,

Tired.

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #966 on: February 11, 2016, 12:34:35 PM »
Dear Dog,

I don't like the neighbors much either, but that noise you have been hearing is them moving out.  Perhaps less barking would be nice?  You're making me anxious!
I'm surprised you didn't bark at the postman who was dropping my packages on my doorstep.  Actually, a chorus of "Someone's at the door!" would have been nice for that one.

Love,
Your human

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
« Reply #967 on: Today at 04:36:53 PM »
Dear Daisy,

I'm sorry- the groomer comes today. You will soon be a naked spaniel.

Love,
The only member of the household who likes you fluffy.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Dr. F.

« Reply #968 on: Today at 04:39:22 PM »
Dear Daisy,

I'm sorry- the groomer comes today. You will soon be a naked spaniel.

Love,
The only member of the household who likes you fluffy.

I think I need to see a photo of a naked spaniel.