News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• May 29, 2015, 02:51:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 85251 times)

Dazi

• like the flower
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #1050 on: May 26, 2015, 06:38:11 PM »
So, in an effort to raise my HDL cholesterol more, I started taking coconut oil supplements over the weekend.  Having been on a strict gluten free diet the last year+ has raised my HDL considerably, but the doctor would like it at least 10 points higher. I have issues with fish oil. One is the awful fish burps, the other is it thins my already thin/doesn't clot well blood too much. The doctor did tell me that there's not really enough evidence on whether coconut oil will raise my LDL, but it's so low that it just doesn't really matter if it does.  The only thing I was advised of was to watch that my low blood pressure doesn't get any lower.

I don't know what kind of effects I was expecting, but I wasn't really expecting anything noticeable right away.  I was wrong.

-Sunday, I went on a crazy cleaning spree.  I had this intense burst of energy and it lasted all afternoon. I didn't get the afternoon /after lunch drowsiness today at work either.
-This morning,  I realized that I have lost 4 lbs in 2 days.
-I've had zero carb food cravings. None.nada.zilch.  Now that I mention it, I haven't had any food cravings.
-My blood sugar has been rock solid steady, very nicely between 70-75 all weekend. Granted, it never gets high, it tends to just drop suddenly.

More evidence is needed, but so far, I'm liking this regimen so far.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

andi

« Reply #1051 on: May 27, 2015, 07:37:13 PM »
DH and I got our first tattoos today!!

dawnfire

« Reply #1052 on: Today at 12:04:38 AM »
I got $125 from the power company. They'd misread a bunch of people's meters (these are "smart "meters designed to be read remotely.) , so they'd guessed I suppose.