News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 21, 2017, 06:00:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 204331 times)

Gladly

Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #1050 on: January 11, 2017, 09:08:53 AM »
Dear Amelia & Zoe,

You are whippets.  Whippets are hounds.  Hunting little furries is what you do.  Every walk we go on you spend most of the time looking for bunnies and squirrels.  So, why, by all that's holy, when I show you the corner where I saw a mouse 10 seconds ago, do you both look blankly at me and go back to the sofa?

Signed
The exasperated one who must be feeding you too much!

tiff019

« Reply #1051 on: January 12, 2017, 12:56:29 PM »
Dear Puppy (yes that's her name),

It is cold, windy and wet outside. You do not NEED to go lay in the mud and obsess over the neighbor's dog. In fact you don't need to obsess over the neighbor's dog at all... but I've accepted that it's just what you do. Please stay inside where it's warm and comfy and with me :D Silly dingus!

Love,
the giver of treats, belly rubs, and much of my half of the bed.

magicdomino

« Reply #1052 on: January 12, 2017, 03:49:40 PM »
Dear Amelia & Zoe,

You are whippets.  Whippets are hounds.  Hunting little furries is what you do.  Every walk we go on you spend most of the time looking for bunnies and squirrels.  So, why, by all that's holy, when I show you the corner where I saw a mouse 10 seconds ago, do you both look blankly at me and go back to the sofa?

Signed

Dear Goddess of Food,

Whippets are sighthounds.  We have to see something move before we chase it.  Please place the furry creature in the middle of the floor, and we will be happy to chase it under the sofa.

With much love,

Amelia and Zoe 

Gladly

« Reply #1053 on: January 17, 2017, 09:56:34 AM »
Dear Amelia & Zoe,

Signed

Dear Goddess of Food,

Whippets are sighthounds.  We have to see something move before we chase it.  Please place the furry creature in the middle of the floor, and we will be happy to chase it under the sofa.

With much love,

Amelia and Zoe

;D

Yes, you are right.  You are sight hounds.  I know you run around trees looking for squirrels because that's where you expect to find squirrels.  Thankfully, you don't expect to find mice in the kitchen.  It still would have been nice if you had at least looked for it!

She who is still feeding you despite your inability to comprehend mice in the house!

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
« Reply #1054 on: January 24, 2017, 09:30:18 AM »
Dear Louie and Bear,

You are being very good babies. However, you really don't need to scream every time someone walks by. Especially since Louie is in the Cone of Shame and can't see anything anyway!

Love,

The Dogsitter
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Gladly

« Reply #1055 on: January 25, 2017, 09:52:23 AM »
Dear Louie and Bear,

You are being very good babies. However, you really don't need to scream every time someone walks by. Especially since Louie is in the Cone of Shame and can't see anything anyway!

Love,

The Dogsitter

Dear Dogsitter,

There's even more need to scream when someone goes by if I can't see what's happening.  Bear thinks these folks need screaming at, so they must be dangerous trespassers, and if I can't see them, I've got to believe him and back him up.

Love
Louie

BeagleMommy

« Reply #1056 on: January 25, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »
Dear Beagle,

I know you have a love for tato chips, but it was very impolite to climb on top of the dining room table and stick your face into the chip bowl to feast while BeagleDaddy and I were entertaining our guests.  You ate the salsa as well and don't try to deny it!  The confused, sad puppy face you gave when I had to dump the chip bowl into the trash can did not sway my decision.

Love,

She Who Brings the Tato Chips

wheeitsme

« Reply #1057 on: January 30, 2017, 04:01:32 PM »
Dear Dodger,

This morning was not wet-willy-wWednesday.  Your daddy does not appreciate your celebration of it on Wednesdays, much less 6am on a Monday.

Love the belly-scratcher

JadeAngel

« Reply #1058 on: January 30, 2017, 10:37:43 PM »
Dear Scout,

We'd like to take this opportunity to apologise for telling you to shut it when you went to Defcon #1 at three-o-clock in the morning, as it turns out you were only trying to warn us about the stranger who was wandering about on the front porch. Luckily he wasn't harmful, just a little confused about where he lived and under the mistaken impression that we had agreed to buy him a beer. The nice policemen have taken him away now to have a nice lie down until he feels better, but belatedly we'd like to say good job! Well done! Good doggy!

Regards,

The Management

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1059 on: January 31, 2017, 08:05:29 AM »
Well done, Scout!

Dear Finnegan:

AKA Monsieur Fusspot.  For whom cold food just will.not.do!  It must be room temperature, at least, or preferably warm.  Little stinker...  More work.  While we will miss you terribly, I'm kind of glad you'll be heading to your new family on the 25th.

(Finnegan is a 7 week old Sweenie - Shih Tzu/dachshund cross.  Adorable but a handful!  Last puppy for us; we're getting his mama spayed once he leaves.)
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Gladly

« Reply #1060 on: February 02, 2017, 08:33:36 AM »
Dear Nutmeg,

I know all youngsters can't wait until they can get their own phone, but I am not getting one for a 10 month old puppy!  I know I was late home, but only about 10 minutes, so you had no need to call for help.  Thank goodness, your chewing managed to put a # in between the 99 and the last 9 otherwise I might have had a real shock when I got home.  You have hundreds of toys.  Please play with them and not the phone.

Maybe you were emulating your father who stole Grandma Human's emergency alert button when she was out shopping, so she came back to find her emergency key holder searching the house for her.  She didn't appreciate his efforts any more than I enjoyed your phone experiments!

The food lady

(That phone has now been moved!)

Gladly

« Reply #1061 on: February 09, 2017, 03:01:38 AM »
Dear Socks,

It's a new sofa. That's all it is.  Now it's in place and has your familiar rugs on it you quite like it.  The world did not stop spinning while we took the old one out, shampooed the carpet and put the new one in place.  There was not need to velcro yourself to my leg while all this was happening*.  The girls thought it was great fun finding the treasures that had been lost under the sofa.  I know you don't like things being different, and I'm sorry we upset your world.  You can unstick yourself now, really you can.

The provider of cuddles on the new sofa.

*I'm not sure which is worse, trying to move furniture with a 20 inch dog stuck to your shin, or trying to work while he howls in another room because he's not allowed to stick himself to the said leg!