News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 30, 2016, 10:39:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pokemon Go craze  (Read 13984 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: Pokemon Go craze
« Reply #270 on: September 24, 2016, 02:28:09 PM »
Evolved my magikarp into a 1422 CP Gyarados!
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Carotte

« Reply #271 on: September 24, 2016, 02:53:38 PM »
Evolved my magikarp into a 1422 CP Gyarados!

Lucky! I'm more than 300 candies away from a Gyarados..
I used an egg today, so that's 72000xp plus the fact that I walked for around two hours today and put myself in three gyms, so I'm getting pretty close to level 24!

Allyson

« Reply #272 on: September 25, 2016, 12:36:34 AM »
Other than Pidgey and Rattata, I get a ton of Drowzee -- apparently this is a Northern thing, so if you live in Canada like me, or Northern US or Europe you'll find tons. Also get loads of Zubats.

I get just about as many Clefairy and Nidoran as I do Rattata. Quite a lot of Horsea and other water ones, but I live near water so that makes sense. Oddish and Machop are my favourite and I have gotten a few of those, but not many.

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #273 on: September 25, 2016, 01:41:18 PM »
Other than Pidgey and Rattata, I get a ton of Drowzee -- apparently this is a Northern thing, so if you live in Canada like me, or Northern US or Europe you'll find tons. Also get loads of Zubats.

I get just about as many Clefairy and Nidoran as I do Rattata. Quite a lot of Horsea and other water ones, but I live near water so that makes sense. Oddish and Machop are my favourite and I have gotten a few of those, but not many.

Never have seen a Clefairy around here.  One of my local parks spawns Oddishes by the dozen.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #274 on: September 25, 2016, 05:44:58 PM »

Never have seen a Clefairy around here.  One of my local parks spawns Oddishes by the dozen.

Clefairies apparently like to hang out in my driveway.  ;D

Team HoundMom

« Reply #275 on: September 26, 2016, 08:54:35 AM »
Ask Ellie just got punk'd by the exact same letter as Ask Amy:

http://ellieadvice.com/addiction-is-addiction-even-if-its-pokemon-go/

I can't believe they both fell for it!

magicdomino

« Reply #276 on: September 26, 2016, 09:54:11 AM »

Carotte

« Reply #277 on: September 27, 2016, 10:22:16 AM »
Am I the only one feeling like they changed the spawn rate and spawn point of the pokemons?
It seems like they're spawning much more often than they used to and near but not where I used to see them.
Not gonna complain (even if it's still all drowzees  ::)) because since I've hurt my foot there will be way less hunting for me for now, and I've caught a dozen just by openning the app from my desk every hours or so.

esteban

« Reply #278 on: September 27, 2016, 10:33:57 AM »
Am I the only one feeling like they changed the spawn rate and spawn point of the pokemons?
It seems like they're spawning much more often than they used to and near but not where I used to see them.
Not gonna complain (even if it's still all drowzees  ::)) because since I've hurt my foot there will be way less hunting for me for now, and I've caught a dozen just by openning the app from my desk every hours or so.

I think they have loosened the spawn calculations.  They are showing up more frequently.

Just caught my first Scyther on my way to work this morning.  My pokedex is at 104. 
The artist formerly known as deadbody

ladyknight1

« Reply #279 on: September 27, 2016, 10:39:49 AM »
I hatched a Duduo!
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

SCAJAfamily

« Reply #280 on: September 27, 2016, 07:29:32 PM »
Yes the spawn rate has increased in our house.  It used to be one at time and in the last 2 days we have had up to four at a time (usually still the same common ones).  This morning we had a tangala, Taurus, venonat, and rattata all at once!  And that was my first tangala.

I haven't got anywhere else really but I plan to hunt a bit tonight and am hoping for a high count!
SCAJAfamily = dd S 24, ds C 17, ds A 14, dh J and myself dw A

diesel_darlin

« Reply #281 on: September 27, 2016, 08:32:20 PM »
Pikachu was around me last night but I couldnt get to him. And would yall send me some Drowzees please?  ;D

ladyknight1

« Reply #282 on: September 27, 2016, 08:46:37 PM »
When I was leaving my office today, I had a Koffing, Eggxecute, Magikarp and other common monsters spawn. I caught the Koffing and the Magikarp. I found 3+ Slowpokes and 3 Oddish today.

I used a lucky egg and evolved a Dratini, a Eevee into a Vaporeon, various other pokemon and went up 11000 XP.
-J.R.R Tolkien

renfield1969

« Reply #283 on: September 28, 2016, 08:53:22 AM »
On our neighborhood walk last night my wife noticed the silhouette of a Pikachu on her radar. It took some tracking, but between the two of us we were able to home in on it. I was able to catch it first, and just held it on my screen until she caught hers. Then I showed her my screen as my "Caught 3 Pikachu" medal flashed up. (I need to stop playing during my lunch break, I'm getting too far ahead of her.)

She also hatched her first Ponyta and caught her first Arbok last night. She's getting ready to make an omelet but wants to wait until she has 60 ready to go.

I find it interesting how different areas spawn pokemon at different rates. We caught several Drowzees in downtown York, PA, but haven't seen them anywhere else before or since. When we want to fill our pockets full of Magikarp, we just go to downtown Baltimore and stroll along the Harbor East promenade.

o_gal

« Reply #284 on: September 28, 2016, 09:17:03 AM »
DS and I are about ready to give up on the game, other than pulling out our phones if we go to a new area and seeing what might be around. It's a problem that a lot of people have encountered. If you don't live near a substantial urban area, it's extremely difficult to progress through the game. In our case, we live in a suburb of a small city in Ohio. There are some hot spots where you can get a lot of Pokémon, but they are all the same - Eevees, Pidgeys, Ratattas, Weedles, Caterpies, Oddishes, and some Drowzies. You don't get a good variety, and they don't spawn as fast as in other areas. They are also pretty low CP. So we hear of people who are now level seventy-gazillion, with huge numbers of captured Pokémon at level thirty-gazillion, defending gyms which are at level 9 and 10. We just can't get there. It's not fun to walk around and hey look, there's another Pidgey with a whoppingly huge CP of 13  :(