News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 31, 2015, 12:04:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 104226 times)

mmswm

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #1260 on: August 22, 2015, 05:22:20 PM »
I have very long hair that usually lives in a bun.  The hair ties I use to keep it up have a tendency to get some hairs wrapped around them and are a pain to get off. The hairs wrap around pretty tightly and don't come off easily, and if you try to use something sharp to cut them, it's really easy to cut the tie as well.  I tend to ignore it, but I do like hair-free hair ties.  BF just came downstairs and put a handful of newly hair-free hair ties on my desk.  Sometimes it really is the little things.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

RubyCat

« Reply #1261 on: August 22, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »
Got some great buys at a yard sale and met some really nice people  :)

pattycake

« Reply #1262 on: August 22, 2015, 07:33:16 PM »
got seven (!!!) Jamberries full sets of wraps for $35. Steal of a deal since they are usually $17 each (CDN), and even if you get the buy 3 get 1 free, it's about $60 including shipping. A lady used to sell them, and doesn't want them any more.

HoneyBee42

« Reply #1263 on: August 22, 2015, 08:54:13 PM »
The animal shelter had a sale on.

I originally intended to adopt one of two female cats (one was 13, one 15, but neither was really good with other animals) and, well...

His name is Gwydion. ;D
Oh, goodness, what a handsome fellow!  You are so lucky to have him.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1264 on: August 22, 2015, 09:06:38 PM »
Fresh chocolate chip pecan cookies.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1265 on: August 22, 2015, 09:40:03 PM »
Mulled cider candles. 
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • I am not sweating, I'm glowing!
« Reply #1266 on: August 23, 2015, 01:55:15 PM »
Fresh chocolate chip pecan cookies.

Warm cookies, cold milk, and you're in heaven for as long as it takes to eat them...yes...it's just too hot to bake today.  Maybe it will cool off before November?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

turtleIScream

« Reply #1267 on: August 26, 2015, 07:49:31 PM »
My daughter asked me to sit with her while she works on homework. She's 15; these moments are few and far between.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

andi

« Reply #1268 on: August 26, 2015, 07:53:19 PM »
It was Boo's first day of band - he can now "make the trumpet blow".
My poor neighbors

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1269 on: August 27, 2015, 04:33:05 PM »
School must have started today. As I was driving home there was a crossing guard at one of the corners.

No kids in sight, but he was waving and smiling and yelling out "have a good day" to all the cars that passed by.

It made me smile . . . there's a guy that knows how to make a rather boring job fun! ;D

mmswm

« Reply #1270 on: Yesterday at 02:49:01 PM »
This is an annoyance turned happy situation. I bought my son a new pair of shoes a few weeks ago. They were a well known brand and I bought them at Macy's. A few things happened. First, he wanted to wear the shoes, so I didn't take the box. We literally threw the old shoes on the trash outside the store as they were that bad. Second, I promptly lost the receipt. I have grocery store receipts from four years ago when I lived I ND, but I lost a receipt from this month. Go figure. Third and most importantly, the toe of the new left shoe came completely apart.

So I was in a mall that had a Macy's, but not the one that is originally bought the shoes at. I was figuring on just buying a new pair of shoes, but decided to explain the situation to the sales lady and ask if there was anything they could do, making it clear that it was perfectly okay if there was not. She was able to look up the sale with the card I'd used to pay and refund the purchase price. Then the new shoes the kid picked out were ten dollars less than the old one, so instead of spending $50-60 like I was thinking I'd have to spend, I actually got a $10 credit!  Yay!!!!

Edited for typos.  I really need to figure out why my computer is autocorrecting words I'm not done typing yet.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:59:32 PM by mmswm »
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1271 on: Yesterday at 04:48:56 PM »
A man in his 60's was with his mother, who was in her 80's and in a wheelchair. She wore glasses, but had great difficulty reading the signs on each item in the exhibit. Her son would kneel next to her, and read aloud the text and answer any questions she had. Made my heart happy.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #1272 on: Yesterday at 06:52:42 PM »
I tried on all of my outfit for Dapper Day. Very, very dapper! I even got the bow tie tied in under 10 minutes!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.