News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• March 29, 2017, 10:57:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 513282 times)

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #3105 on: March 24, 2017, 07:27:47 AM »
Dear Sophie,

You are having a day, aren't you? Matilda hairballs, like most cats. Matilda has also climbed the curtains. She has never managed to combine the two like you just did.

So while I brace myself for taking the curtains to the drycleaners (He's got used to quilts, heaven knows what he'll say about this) I suppose I should also be thankful that you waited until you were down from the scaffolding to be sick.

Regards,
Mum.

P.S. Just because the side is off the PC and it is powered down when I am working on it, doesn't mean sniffing the motherboard is a good idea. There's a battery in there...Your fur is very cute when its all on end like that!

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #3106 on: March 24, 2017, 08:33:16 AM »
Back in the day, the Very Late Hippy Cats could do lever door handles between them. Very Large Hippy Cat could reach the handle, get a paw over the top and bear down. Meanwhile Very Small Hippy Cat hooked a paw under the door and pulled. We knew that at bedtime all cats had been behind a closed door downstairs; what we couldn't work out was how they had made it up to share our bed in the small hours. It was a long time before they showed us how it was done.

Twik

« Reply #3107 on: March 24, 2017, 09:34:01 AM »
Dearest Spencer,

In this house, cats are not beaten for coughing up hairballs. So don't look so incredibly guilty when you have to.

Love, the Cleaning Staff
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3108 on: March 25, 2017, 04:59:24 AM »
Dear Builder,

Please stop waving your cheese sandwich at Sophie through the window. Her pawprints are very hard to get off glass, and she's called you every name in the feline book this morning already.

If you carry on I shall let her out, and the scaffold won't protect you!

Regards,
Sophie's Owner

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #3109 on: March 25, 2017, 08:56:35 AM »
Dear Free Range Hippy Cat

I know it's spring and cats moult in spring, but really? Really? The Roomba had to be emptied twice this morning just covering my bedroom, two bathrooms and the landing, it had its 'you've really let this go, haven't you?' blue light on almost all the time, and it ended up too exhausted even to go home to its charger, and just went under the dressing table to sulk. Somehow, the floor doesn't look that much better, either.

And look, I'm sorry but it isn't my fault that your sleeping sunbeam keeps moving across the bed. I can't make it keep still.

Me

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #3110 on: March 26, 2017, 07:41:49 AM »
Dear kittens,

Enjoy your elevated view for the next month or so, then we are moving to a new house, with new views, shiny tile floors you can slide across and lots of trees, birds, and bugs outside to look at through the windows and from the screened porch.

And no, you are no match for the Muscovy duck outside.

Love, mom
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Chipmunky

« Reply #3111 on: Today at 08:14:21 AM »
Dear Mopsy,

You know the Hoomin Kitten has gotten very good with her walker toy the past few days, and is no longer doing the drunken stagger two step. You also know her route is from the living room to the kitchen and back. Why on earth would you decide it's the best idea ever to stretch out in the space between the living and dining rooms (open concept plan) smack dab in the middle of her walker path?

I will not apologize for Hoomin Kitten's nearly running your furry butt over. I will not apologize for laughing as you jolted up like we'd electrocuted the carpet under you as you felt the wheels of the walker juuust starting to touch your fur. That's all on you.

I do, however, commend you for your patience with Hoomin Kitten and her current quest to play with the kitty. I agree, she's getting quite fast crawling around, and we are continuing to work on playing with nice hands, but sometimes tabby fur is irresistible. You'll get some fresh cooked chicken soon for your efforts to play keep away and only gently batting at Hoomin Kitten when she invades your space too much.

Scritches,

Mama