Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1859097 times)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #18750 on: Yesterday at 02:31:37 AM »
Or one I ran across a few days ago:  I had answered some questions, but then the screen came back with a message in red saying something like, "Please answer all questions.  Failure to answer all questions will result in termination of your order."  What I had done?  I had forgotten to include that I was a "Mrs." 

mmswm

« Reply #18751 on: Yesterday at 03:43:33 AM »
BF and I agreed that we wouldn't exchange Christmas presents for the adults, but that we'd both get things for the kids (the kids who are actually kids and the "kids" who are really adults but who share half his DNA).  Of course, today, he's hiding his computer screen from me and taking my kids shopping without me.  Grrrrrrr.

Awwww. That means he found exactly the right thing for you!

Lucas and I are quite good at not getting gifts unless it is perfect. We do surprise each other sometimes during the year, though.

We have college friends that we agreed to not exchange gifts with unless we found "exactly the prefect thing". It works quite well. About every three years we come up with something for them, and about the same spread they find something perfect for us. None of it is awkward, even if it is only one person in the 2 couples that gets a gift. Chocolate and wine and good liquor do not have to follow this rule.

Unfortunately, the only things I really want are high dollar items, and he'd better not spend that much money on me!  The cheapest thing on my wish list is a 6 quart, 525 watt Kitchen Aid stand mixer, which is around $400.

I'm sure there's some other little things I've mentioned wanting over the last year, so maybe he's remembered what those things are.  Who knows.  I actually did wind up getting something for him.  Sort of.  I was out shopping with my son and he found an item that he just insisted that bf must have.  It wasn't expensive at all, so I got it for bf, from the boys.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #18752 on: Yesterday at 11:20:16 AM »
Someone near where I live is using a power saw or something that sounds similar.   The sound is making my teeth hurt because it sounds like a dentist drill. 
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Adelaide

« Reply #18753 on: Yesterday at 12:17:33 PM »
My mother has this habit of telling me how full something makes her, and how if I eat the same thing I should stay full forever. She'll go on and on about how this or that will hold her (and thus, me) over until lunch time 100% guaranteed. When I don't stay full, or I go back for something else, it's suddenly a Big Deal, even if we have an argument beforehand about how I probably will need to eat something else. She'll stand there scratching her head about it and wondering aloud why I'm still hungry, or how she can't believe the food didn't work, etc. This happens enough that it irritates me.

dawnfire

« Reply #18754 on: Yesterday at 07:22:00 PM »
my son (4 years old) keeps playing with my i phone the minute I leave it unattended. I either have to keep it on me or lock it in my desk if I step away from it for even a minute.