News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 21, 2017, 07:11:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 369579 times)

Outdoor Girl

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #3120 on: August 18, 2017, 09:05:35 AM »
I went shopping with my fMIL last night - she was looking for a dress to wear to a wedding tomorrow.  I wasn't particularly looking for anything but browsed, too.

Poor fMIL didn't find a thing.

I, however, found a nice, navy blue T-shirt style dress for $25.  Same store was going to have bras on sale starting today; I wasn't able to buy them at sale price last night but I did buy them and can go back in over the weekend for a price adjustment.  They had 4 in my size, that is hard to find, so I nabbed them.  And we'll be in the area tomorrow anyway so it isn't a huge deal to drop in and do the adjustment.

I also found a lovely peasant style skirt for $30.  And a pair of dressy looking but comfortable shoes that will go with either the dress or the skirt, that were on sale, too.

I never find stuff when I'm purposely out to find something.  And then when I'm not really looking?  Score!
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

jpcher

« Reply #3121 on: August 19, 2017, 11:39:34 AM »
My DDs and their BFs surprised me by taking me to see a Cirque Du Soleil show yesterday for my Bday.  It was AWESOME! ;D

Then, after the show, they took me to an asian restaurant where there's a grill in the middle of the table and you cook your own meat. BFsam told the waitress that it was my bday and was very considerate about mentioning that I'm on a low carb/sugar diet so the waitress brought out a double helping of the chicken meat with a lit candle stuck in the middle. LOL!

I've never been to either of these events before so it was a very special treat.

My kids (all four of them, BFs are my kids now) treated me like a queen. It was WONDERFUL! ;D

guihong

« Reply #3122 on: August 19, 2017, 12:16:42 PM »
A sizable patch of grass in my complex that is full of mushrooms.  I just think it's so cool how it began with two mushrooms, and just exploded.  I have no idea what they are, but I am concerned that they are poisonous for dogs and varmints :(.  So,mixed feelings.