News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 07, 2016, 04:34:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 246793 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #2490 on: December 04, 2016, 06:15:28 PM »
We're rearranging the living room to set up the Christmas tree.

This morning, Mr. Thipu moved the recliner.  In the process he knocked over a delft plate that was a souvenir from Amsterdam.  The noise sounded as if the thing shattered. 

We fished it out from behind the big old-fashioned floor speaker and it was in perfect condition. There wasn't a chip on it.  Even the plastic stand that came with it was undamaged.

May your Holiday preparations go so well.     

Sooooo potentially cat-proof.  Hmmmmmmm ;D
Maryland

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #2491 on: December 05, 2016, 07:18:40 AM »
Christmas music on my iPod, playing on my Bluetooth speaker at work.  8)
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Thipu1

« Reply #2492 on: Yesterday at 10:46:27 AM »
 FREE PIE!

Around Thanksgiving we received a post card from a local realtor offering free pie at a popular bakery.  We expected, perhaps, a free slice. 

No.  We received a full-sized, scrumptious apple pie at least four inches high.  It would have cost at least 15USD if we purchased it. 

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #2493 on: Yesterday at 11:00:00 AM »
2 more work days before my vacation.
After that, I come back and work a week, then have 10 days off during our holiday closure.

It's raining, which is much needed, we are in pretty serious drought conditions.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien