A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Professional Darwinism: Update to OP on p.74

<< < (645/1262) > >>

artk2002:

--- Quote from: KitKat on January 04, 2013, 08:47:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: Seraphia on January 04, 2013, 05:12:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: Twik on January 04, 2013, 03:38:18 PM ---Why on earth would one start a fight over ketchup? Maybe it wasn't his idea of a good sandwich, but if the customer wants ketchup, and you have ketchup, why (at best) lose a customer over a couple of cents that are the company's, not yours, and (at worst) end up with jail time?  :o

--- End quote ---

As far as I know, Subway doesn't carry ketchup and never has. It might be one of the ones in a Wal-Mart, in which case, yeah, the customer could go buy his own. But that's a bizarre reason for either guy to suddenly go caveman on each other.

--- End quote ---

It is-it was mentioned in the article.  Not that he should have to buy a bottle of ketchup.

--- End quote ---

If he wants ketchup and Subway doesn't provide it, then he does have to buy a bottle -- or get it some way on his own. The restaurant isn't obliged to provide every possible condiment.  The fact that they don't doesn't give the customer the right to get pissy about it and it certainly doesn't give the worker the right to make threats in retaliation.

MariaE:

--- Quote from: KitKat on January 04, 2013, 08:47:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: Seraphia on January 04, 2013, 05:12:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: Twik on January 04, 2013, 03:38:18 PM ---Why on earth would one start a fight over ketchup? Maybe it wasn't his idea of a good sandwich, but if the customer wants ketchup, and you have ketchup, why (at best) lose a customer over a couple of cents that are the company's, not yours, and (at worst) end up with jail time?  :o

--- End quote ---

As far as I know, Subway doesn't carry ketchup and never has. It might be one of the ones in a Wal-Mart, in which case, yeah, the customer could go buy his own. But that's a bizarre reason for either guy to suddenly go caveman on each other.

--- End quote ---

It is-it was mentioned in the article.  Not that he should have to buy a bottle of ketchup.

--- End quote ---

What do you mean? Of course he should. The Subway is under no obligation to provide it for him.

greencat:
That was definitely a case where things went:
Normal (ish, because ordering ketchup on a philly isn't exactly standard)
Normal (Subway doesn't have ketchup)
Huh?  (The belligerence)

PastryGoddess:
I'm not from Philly, but I do like ketchup on my hot subs. 

Mental Magpie:
For those of you who don't know, I'm a corrections officer (aka prison guard).  I cannot get into much detail in the thread, but I can tell you this:

A CO was using Google Maps to show addresses for an offender because, apparently, the offender wanted to see where his (inmate) daughter lived.

ETA: It was the inmate's daughter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version