A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Professional Darwinism: Update to OP on p.74

<< < (648/1262) > >>

cass2591:

--- Quote from: Hotdish on January 06, 2013, 11:06:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: AngelicGamer on December 07, 2012, 01:32:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: weeblewobble on December 07, 2012, 12:55:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: MrTango on December 07, 2012, 12:40:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: weeblewobble on December 07, 2012, 12:31:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: o_gal on December 07, 2012, 12:21:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: LazyDaisy on December 07, 2012, 11:49:54 AM ---Was it the nurse? I thought I read it was the hospital receptionist that transferred the call to the nurse. So very sad.
--- End quote ---

The woman who apparently committed suicide is a nurse, but she was not the nurse who divulged the details. She was the one who accepted that the pranksters were real, and put the call through to the ward, where it was handled by another nurse.
--- End quote ---

Ugh, I hope those DJs get charged with something.
--- End quote ---

They should be charged no differently than if the woman had not committed suicide.
--- End quote ---

That's a good point.
--- End quote ---

Well, I just heard that the radio hosts are not going back to their radio show until further notice out of respect for the nurse.  I hope that further notice is a day after never.
--- End quote ---

Why? This is no dumber than any other radio prank in the history of ever. It's not the DJs' fault that the woman killed herself.

--- End quote ---

Move on, please. No reason to start this again.

Kaora:

--- Quote from: Mental Magpie on January 05, 2013, 09:21:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on January 05, 2013, 08:52:08 PM ---In Florida, we have CO's who are killed by inmates every year. Usually, there is another CO who is found to be at fault. So senseless and tragic.

--- End quote ---

Wow.  Just wow.  In the entirety of my state's correctional history (1887), only 21 officers have been killed, 11 of which happened in one riot.  I cannot imagine being a CO in Florida.  So senseless and tragic.

--- End quote ---

My Uncle on my mum's side is a Federal CO in Puerto Rico.  You have my respect.

Giggity:

--- Quote from: cass2591 on January 06, 2013, 01:18:58 PM ---Move on, please. No reason to start this again.
--- End quote ---

Sorry, wasn't aware it had been discussed.

ladyknight1:
We have a young man who works as our receptionist. He has a Master's degree and only works here because his fiancÚ attends school here. He is doing a fairly good job.

Here is the PD part. He took a week off mid-December, returned and worked a few days before our eleven day holiday break and then took the first three days of the new year off. He is an hourly employee and gets three weeks of vacation a year, and has already used two weeks in the last month, plus the time we were closed. Before he came back to work (today), he had already contacted his manager about taking a week off in March and another in May.

He has only been here a year, so he has used all the time he has accrued, and will not accrue another week by his March requested time off.

TurtleDove:

--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on January 07, 2013, 09:32:27 AM ---We have a young man who works as our receptionist. He has a Master's degree and only works here because his fiancÚ attends school here. He is doing a fairly good job.

Here is the PD part. He took a week off mid-December, returned and worked a few days before our eleven day holiday break and then took the first three days of the new year off. He is an hourly employee and gets three weeks of vacation a year, and has already used two weeks in the last month, plus the time we were closed. Before he came back to work (today), he had already contacted his manager about taking a week off in March and another in May.

He has only been here a year, so he has used all the time he has accrued, and will not accrue another week by his March requested time off.

--- End quote ---

I am guessing that he does not see the receptionist job as a career so he is not overly concerned about this situation. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version