A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Professional Darwinism: Update to OP on p.74

<< < (707/2294) > >>

ladyknight1:

--- Quote from: asb8 on May 02, 2013, 05:17:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on May 02, 2013, 05:08:31 PM ---We had an employee (FE) who resigned over a year ago and left in good standing, to move with her DH across the state. We promoted someone (CE) to her position from within, and all has been well since.

All was well, but three of the other employees of the same level as FE have been campaigning for FE to get her job back, only problem is CE is in the position, and is doing a great job. CE used to work in my office and is a great guy. Now, FE is moving back to the area, and there is much clamoring (by the current staff) for FE to have a position made for her, which is certainly not in the plans or budget.

So, while this is not traditional PD, I still nominate FE for a "sour grapes" kind of PD.

What is even more ironic, the main person campaigning for FE did the exact same thing 8 years ago, and has lamented the loss of her seniority ever since!

--- End quote ---

Are you sure FE is aware of the clamoring? I only ask because I was in the FE position and I was highly irritated to find out that my replacement had been given all sorts of grief after I left and that someone even asked outright if management would please try to bring me back.  And my replacement was doing a terrific job, probably better than I had!

--- End quote ---

Yes, FE is aware and only from her imparting information on a weekly basis to the cheering section do they know all the events involved.  ::)

FE sent a message to the cheering section, CE, my boss and the boss above her asking for notice should anything open up.

wheeitsme:

--- Quote from: Wulfie on May 02, 2013, 04:53:08 PM ---
Temp (ccing my boss and my bossís boss) :

--- Quote ---Please send them to accounting. I donít care that you were not told to. SEND THEM TO ACCOUNTING.  I am not surprised that he embezzled from *MyCompany*. I am surprised that he was caught.
Thank you for your help,
*TempName*

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I'm guessing that it was this exchange that darwin'd them.  "I am not surprised that he embezzled from *MyCompany*"? 

Really?  They thought that Honcho would think that was appropriate? 

And "I donít care that you were not told to." -Do what I say anyway based purely on my emphatic email and not on any higher ups say so?- 

Cuz that has worked out so well before?

asb8:

--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on May 02, 2013, 05:28:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: asb8 on May 02, 2013, 05:17:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on May 02, 2013, 05:08:31 PM ---We had an employee (FE) who resigned over a year ago and left in good standing, to move with her DH across the state. We promoted someone (CE) to her position from within, and all has been well since.

All was well, but three of the other employees of the same level as FE have been campaigning for FE to get her job back, only problem is CE is in the position, and is doing a great job. CE used to work in my office and is a great guy. Now, FE is moving back to the area, and there is much clamoring (by the current staff) for FE to have a position made for her, which is certainly not in the plans or budget.

So, while this is not traditional PD, I still nominate FE for a "sour grapes" kind of PD.

What is even more ironic, the main person campaigning for FE did the exact same thing 8 years ago, and has lamented the loss of her seniority ever since!

--- End quote ---

Are you sure FE is aware of the clamoring? I only ask because I was in the FE position and I was highly irritated to find out that my replacement had been given all sorts of grief after I left and that someone even asked outright if management would please try to bring me back.  And my replacement was doing a terrific job, probably better than I had!

--- End quote ---

Yes, FE is aware and only from her imparting information on a weekly basis to the cheering section do they know all the events involved.  ::)

FE sent a message to the cheering section, CE, my boss and the boss above her asking for notice should anything open up.

--- End quote ---

Well in that case FE's bridges are getting nice and toasty aren't they?   ::)

TeamBhakta:
I had to do a sample demo promoting XYZ Foods today. But instead of working by myself, corporate + XYZ Foods decided to surprise me this morning with "Hi, I'm Tina from XYZ and I'll be your helper today." It went like this
- "TeamBhakta, you should also buy Other XYZ products off the shelf for your demo. They're great!" "I'm only allowed to buy what corporate & XYZ requested." "Oh well, I'll do it if I want! I'll use my own money. I have XYZ money!"
- She cut coupons out of the promotional brochures "because customers won't want to open the brochures anyway." I told her two different times that wasn't allowed and she said "I work for XYZ. I don't work for you. I can do whatever I want. I do this at every store I get sent to. Your boss can't do anything to me."
- She insisted I didn't need to use a refrigerator, even though the health department required it for this product 
- She told a customer to take our coupons to another chain and badmouthed the store chain we were in, the prices, promotion, etc
- She smelled horrible. I had to refrain from saying "hon, you smell of poop or something. Please go home, shower and change."  :P

Oh yes, my boss, corporate and XYZ Foods will be hearing all about Tina.

darling:
I am nominating the student employee who didn't show up to work this afternoon, leaving me to cover the hour gap before the next shift arrives. This is his third no-show in as many weeks, and I am particularly upset.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version