A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Professional Darwinism: Update to OP on p.74

<< < (707/1325) > >>

Sirius:

--- Quote from: Shalamar on January 16, 2013, 01:01:19 PM ---
--- Quote ---Senior analyst thinks this whole thing is hilarious. She says she's going to make it a game to see how many direct questions she can ask Mr 16 Years in one meeting without him ever directly answering her.
--- End quote ---

I wonder if he doesn't like answering to a woman?  I've worked with a lot of guys like that.  I have a male co-worker like that right now, actually - when he joined the company a couple of years ago, I was assigned to train him.  He all but patted me on the head and said "I'll wait for Boss, thanks."  Fortunately, Boss made it very clear that he was to answer to me, because she was too busy.

--- End quote ---

I've worked with men like this, and they find out very quickly that I don't tolerate it. 

Back when I worked in a military commissary, our store officer was a short, petite blonde.  She was very nice but was not to be messed with, and when one of the produce workers hit on her he was suspended without pay.  That may seem an overreaction on her part, but he hadn't taken her seriously when she'd warned him that it better not happen again after it happened the first time.   

Midnight Kitty:
I overheard one of my coworkers go off on another coworker last Monday.  Let's call the one who lost control "Jerk" and the other employee "Guy."

Jerk:  If you're so smart, you write the justification. (in a snotty, sarcastic tone)
Guy:  (soft murmuring sounds like he's trying to calm Jerk down)
Jerk:  (yelling) I don't have to take this s***.

Guy saw me walking by just before Jerk lost it, so he knows I heard this unprofessional exchange.  I told him I was willing to testify to what I heard if Guy wants to file a complaint with Jerk's manager.  My supervisor told me that Jerk has done this before.  It's not that he engages in a shouting match because he's the only one shouting.  Jerk did this to another supervisor in front of our Deputy Director and neither the supervisor or the DD wrote him up.  That's why he thinks he can get away with acting unprofessionally: He's done it before and there were no consequences. His supervisor will back him up even if he's in the wrong and management is too lazy to take disciplinary action. :-\

Wulfie:
This happend today. This started off normal :

--- Quote ---Good Morning,
I was reviewing the cash batch for *ComplexIManange* that contained the *BigPayee* payment and noticed the check stub was a copy and not the original. 
In the future, could you please attach the original check stub to the cash batch so that all originals can be stored here?
Thank you for your help,
*TempName*

--- End quote ---
And I replied back:

--- Quote ---Sure! I was told by *FormerEmployee* to keep the originals here but I can send them.

--- End quote ---
Then it took a turn for the Darkside:

--- Quote ---SEND THEM TO ACCOUNTING *FormerEmployee* WAS AN EMBEZZLER. OF COURSE HE WILL TELL YOU TO KEEP THEM THERE.

--- End quote ---
My reply:

--- Quote ---No problem, I will send them. *FormerEmployee* has been gone for over a year. Nobody said anything in the past so I didnít think that his instructions were wrong.

--- End quote ---
Temp (ccing my boss and my bossís boss) :

--- Quote ---Please send them to accounting. I donít care that you were not told to. SEND THEM TO ACCOUNTING.  I am not surprised that he embezzled from *MyCompany*. I am surprised that he was caught.
Thank you for your help,
*TempName*

--- End quote ---
BIG boss to the whole company:

--- Quote ---Good afternoon, all:
I am writing to let you know that effective this afternoon,*TempName* is no longer employed by *MyCompany*. 
We have no reason to expect any issues to arise.  However, if *TempName* appears at your property, please do not admit her and alert me or your property manager.  Please ask building-based Cleaner/Light Maintenance staff to do the same.
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. 
Thanks much,
*BigBoss*

--- End quote ---

Mel the Redcap:

--- Quote from: Wulfie on May 02, 2013, 05:53:08 PM ---BIG boss to the whole company:

--- Quote ---Good afternoon, all:
I am writing to let you know that effective this afternoon,*TempName* is no longer employed by *MyCompany*. 
We have no reason to expect any issues to arise.  However, if *TempName* appears at your property, please do not admit her and alert me or your property manager.  Please ask building-based Cleaner/Light Maintenance staff to do the same.
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. 
Thanks much,
*BigBoss*

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

...Ooo-er! :o I'm guessing that *FormerEmployee* was not in fact an embezzler and *TempName* was, um, indulging in flights of fancy?

Wulfie:
*FormerEmployee* really did embezzle from our company. It shocked everyone as we are a low income apartment company so he was stealing from people who are poor!

Yes, he was fired, arrested and his trial should be sometime this summer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version