A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Professional Darwinism: Update to OP on p.74

<< < (915/1235) > >>

ladyknight1:
I have a family email account for school notices, PTA communication, shopping and traveling. I also have my own professional email, and several personal email accounts. After I learned to stay far away from one email provider, I no longer get much spam at all.

WolfWay:
Oh .... wow.... I just had to read a winner of a CV. Introducing "The Precision Processor".

There was a paragraph of "Self Description" in the CV, which included some absolute gems:

Our candidate starts off in the third person with "His got a very experiential way of learning". It then continues in the next sentence with "He believes to have" the ability to whittle complex situations down into "comprehensible component part".

The award winning sentence (wherein he gets so excited about how awesome he is that he switches from third to first person halfway through): "In short he has mastered the art and science of precision and that's what makes me a Precision Processor".

He babbles on a bit more about how wonderful he is and how he sees life as a series of complex equations and finally ends off his masterpiece by comparing himself to Pythagoras.

And you may ask yourself how qualified Mr Pythagoras is and how many years experience he has? A mediocre high school pass, a technical certificate or two from a minor technical institute I don't recognise and 1 year's experience.

Once I'd stopped laughing, I binned it with a loud resounding "Noooooooo". My boss did offer to interview him just for kicks to see how bad he is in person, but we decided we had better things to do with our time than cater to delusional special snowflakes who mistake blinding arrogance for confidence.

Iris:

--- Quote from: WolfWay on September 25, 2013, 02:04:11 AM ---Oh .... wow.... I just had to read a winner of a CV. Introducing "The Precision Processor".

There was a paragraph of "Self Description" in the CV, which included some absolute gems:

Our candidate starts off in the third person with "His got a very experiential way of learning". It then continues in the next sentence with "He believes to have" the ability to whittle complex situations down into "comprehensible component part".

The award winning sentence (wherein he gets so excited about how awesome he is that he switches from third to first person halfway through): "In short he has mastered the art and science of precision and that's what makes me a Precision Processor".

He babbles on a bit more about how wonderful he is and how he sees life as a series of complex equations and finally ends off his masterpiece by comparing himself to Pythagoras.

And you may ask yourself how qualified Mr Pythagoras is and how many years experience he has? A mediocre high school pass, a technical certificate or two from a minor technical institute I don't recognise and 1 year's experience.

Once I'd stopped laughing, I binned it with a loud resounding "Noooooooo". My boss did offer to interview him just for kicks to see how bad he is in person, but we decided we had better things to do with our time than cater to delusional special snowflakes who mistake blinding arrogance for confidence.

--- End quote ---

In what way? Has he founded a religion? Involved himself in politics to the point where he has been run out of town? Or is his work so obscure and distant that no-one's quite sure if he really did it or not?

WolfWay:

--- Quote from: Iris on September 25, 2013, 03:12:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: WolfWay on September 25, 2013, 02:04:11 AM ---Oh .... wow.... I just had to read a winner of a CV. Introducing "The Precision Processor".

--- End quote ---

In what way? Has he founded a religion? Involved himself in politics to the point where he has been run out of town? Or is his work so obscure and distant that no-one's quite sure if he really did it or not?

--- End quote ---
And I quote: "Like Pythagoras he uses numbers to translate aspects of the world around him." (He'd swapped back to third person for the Pythagorus comparison).

(I snapped a photo of the paragraph for posterity)

Iris:

--- Quote from: WolfWay on September 25, 2013, 04:29:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: Iris on September 25, 2013, 03:12:24 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
And I quote: "Like Pythagoras he uses numbers to translate aspects of the world around him." (He'd swapped back to third person for the Pythagorus comparison).

(I snapped a photo of the paragraph for posterity)

--- End quote ---

With no exaggeration, that is the funniest thing I have heard in a very long time indeed. According to that reasoning, the Count from Sesame Street is like Pythagoras...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version