A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Professional Darwinism: Update to OP on p.74

<< < (2/1216) > >>

Nurvingiel:
My Dad watched some professional Darwinism over his career. He and his coworkers had great careers and received salaries that were not stingy. But yet, some people would risk getting fired to file fraudulent expense reports... for $20. And some people were warned the first time, tried again, then got fired! Why!?

I feel like sometimes people feel like they are entitled to that money, and will flagrantly break rules to get what they feel they deserve. But I just don't get it.

KimberlyRose:

--- Quote from: Nurvingiel on February 18, 2010, 09:06:00 PM ---My Dad watched some professional Darwinism over his career. He and his coworkers had great careers and received salaries that were not stingy. But yet, some people would risk getting fired to file fraudulent expense reports... for $20. And some people were warned the first time, tried again, then got fired! Why!?

I feel like sometimes people feel like they are entitled to that money, and will flagrantly break rules to get what they feel they deserve. But I just don't get it.

--- End quote ---

Guess that's what happens when you're not hampered by those pesky morals and ethics.

LeeLee88:

--- Quote from: Nurvingiel on February 18, 2010, 09:06:00 PM ---My Dad watched some professional Darwinism over his career. He and his coworkers had great careers and received salaries that were not stingy. But yet, some people would risk getting fired to file fraudulent expense reports... for $20. And some people were warned the first time, tried again, then got fired! Why!?

--- End quote ---

I've seen the same exact sort of junk too, it's just idiotic. 

All the medalists are incredible, this is a very juicy thread!

Balletmom:
Here's my silver medalist:

Coworker manages to hit "reply all" when responding to her colleague who forwarded a message from another colleague who happens to be her child's teacher. Coworker talks about the original sender in a negative way, and it's obvious that she didn't mean for the original sender to see this. When given the graceful way out, "Perhaps you didn't mean for me to see this" she says, "Oh, no, I meant for you to see it, we are okay, right?"

So, having hit "reply all" onced and got herself in hot water, the coworker then does it again.

She complains about the principal's right hand man to another staff member. She then manages to hit reply all--again--and sends it straight to the principal.

Hitting reply all once, a mistake. Doing it twice like this? Professional Darwinism is a nice way to put it!

Sirius:
Back where I used to work our squadron superintendent was court-martialed and lost a stripe when convicted of statutory rape - and as soon as he was convicted his wife filed for divorce.  He already had a bad reputation for sexual harassment even before this happened; my boss told me she told a new sergeant in charge of our section (female) to never allow any of the young female airmen to be summoned to his office without her going along.  Boss also wouldn't allow him to be in our office alone with any of the young female airmen.  She told me that she wasn't worried about the civilians; we civilians were all over 35 and none of us had any compunctions about flattening the guy if he tried to get friendly with us.  What was also interesting was that Mr. Sirius worked for a completely different squadron, and even he had heard that Sergeant Stripeless had a bad reputation for sexual harassment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version