I saw a PD in waiting today.
We had to request maintenance on a piece of machinery that we rent.
Since I do most of the care and feeding of said machine, I wanted to be there to learn more about the machine.
Also, our policy is that we prefer that visitors not be unescorted.
Over the course of two days, the tech:
1) Parked in two parking spots of our front lot, driving in at an angle. There was lots of room to turn properly, and lots of spaces - he just didn't bother.
2) Came back and didn't park in a parking spot. Instead, he parked in front of the door. (We had to ask him to move his vehicle.) Again, lots of room to park, just didn't want to bother.
3) Showed up 2 1/2 hours after he said he would. Twice.
4) Came the second day in order to replace a part. Arrived without the part.
5) His small talk started with a commentary on world political events - in workplace-inappropriate language. (I bean dipped.)
6) When he *did* arrive back with the part, he said "I didn't have any in the shop, so I took this out of my personal machine. So you know that it works." Ummm. We just got a used part?
7) After my supervisor called Tech's dispatcher about his language, he didn't apologize. In fact, he continued to swear.
Left the correct screwdriver in his car (hence the swearing) and instead of getting it, used one of our kitchen knives as a screwdriver to repair the machine.
I just gave him The Look and handed him the other screwdriver. I ignored his statement about how it wouldn't damage our knife.
9) In going back and forth to his car, he walked *through* the not-yet-landscaped-and-still-very-muddy area in front of the building. (Saved about 15 feet of walking!) There is mud on our stairs, the floor in front of my desk, in our carpets and all over the kitchen. He clearly used one of the chairs, because there was gobs of mud all over the lower rungs of the chair.
10) Dropped a screw down our sink, and left some random screws and washers on the counter.
Not impressed. Not impressed at all!