Author Topic: Professional Darwinism: Update to OP on p.74  (Read 1376603 times)

MrTango

Re: Professional Darwinism: Update to OP on p.74
« Reply #5340 on: February 05, 2014, 09:40:51 PM »
Mr16 Years may just have cooked his own goose.

We had a team meeting. Mr16 later went to boss of OtherTeam, claiming OurBoss said a slew of horrible things about OtherBoss and OtherTeam in the meeting. If he was trying to stir up resentment against OurTeam and OurBoss, it just backfired big time.

OtherBoss lodged a complaint against OurBoss (on the basis of what was supposedly said in the meeting). OurBoss denied it all and asked some of us to write statements clarifying what was said in the meeting.

These claims couldn't have been less believable if Mr16 had claimed OurBoss said he hated OtherBoss's pet unicorn and hoped it died of glittermange, it was that bizarre a set of claims to make. And in front of a room full of witnesses to counter the claims.

Now it's in writing with HR, it should get interesting.

This sounds like professional Darwinism on the part of OtherBoss as well - believing random accusations from a known problem employee and lodging a complaint based on those accusations without even speaking to the person the allegations are about doesn't exactly give your employers a good impression of your judgement or common sense!

Or maybe OtherBoss went to HR knowing that the problem employee was full of it, and HR advised him to file a formal complaint so that there's a paper trail so they can start the process of firing problem employee.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #5341 on: February 05, 2014, 10:07:04 PM »
glittermange = wins the internet for the week

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #5342 on: February 05, 2014, 10:21:09 PM »

I must be going nuts because I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to here?
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #5343 on: February 05, 2014, 10:31:59 PM »

I must be going nuts because I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to here?

Someone's unicorn had glittermange...which sounds cute but is really more like a really nasty case of dandruff...just don't let the poor thing get any of it in their food....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #5344 on: February 05, 2014, 10:49:43 PM »

Someone's unicorn had glittermange...which sounds cute but is really more like a really nasty case of dandruff...just don't let the poor thing get any of it in their food....

Ah I gotcha now.... I was wondering who is glittermange and how many pages ago did they post that I can't see it??   :)   A lot of these random OT shout-outs confuse me but this one really had me stumped.  Thanks for clarifying. 

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #5345 on: February 05, 2014, 10:57:01 PM »

Ah I gotcha now.... I was wondering who is glittermange and how many pages ago did they post that I can't see it??   :)   A lot of these random OT shout-outs confuse me but this one really had me stumped.  Thanks for clarifying. 

Look above my post for the quote tree

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #5346 on: February 05, 2014, 11:01:16 PM »

Look above my post for the quote tree

I do understand now.  It just didn't occur to me that you were referring to a specific word that somebody had used in their post as being the win.  I'd already read the post in question much earlier today so the word wasn't fresh in my mind when I read your update, it didn't appear related.

Sorry for the threadjack. 

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5347 on: February 05, 2014, 11:08:26 PM »

I do understand now.  It just didn't occur to me that you were referring to a specific word that somebody had used in their post as being the win.  I'd already read the post in question much earlier today so the word wasn't fresh in my mind when I read your update, it didn't appear related.

Sorry for the threadjack.

You weren't the only one who was confused.   :)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #5348 on: February 05, 2014, 11:46:35 PM »
I live in an area where four of the top ten employers are subcontractors for the US Department of Defense or the US military.  Lots of research and engineering and so forth.  Not surprisingly, TONS of people have restrictions on what they can say about their job, anywhere from DH's "I can tell you what I'm programming but all the actual data has to stay in the secret lab" to a friend's husband's "I work in the defense industry and I can't tell you more than that."  Not terribly surprisingly, the people who want to brag about how hush-hush and top secret their jobs are tend to be the people who have absolutely nothing of importance to hide  ;D  My few friends who really *do* have top-secret jobs can't even acknowledge what they do.

My BIL had a classified job when he was in the military.  All we knew (including my sister) was that he went somewhere every day in uniform.   

TeamBhakta

« Reply #5349 on: February 06, 2014, 01:27:12 AM »
One of my co-workers recently quit her job. She used to occasionally send me stupid email forwards along the lines of "lol at this kitty cat" or "funny joke about us women." Annoying, but harmless. So yesterday she sent me another junk email. But this time it was an essay about "Oh my gosh, I woke up and discovered I was (particular race). Then I realized it was worse. I had also turned into (immigrants from certain countries+ list of ethnicities, religions and scrabble lifestyles)." I was just floored she would send think that was okay! To make things worse, my religion was included in her hateful piece. She also slammed immigrants from a country that she had often referred to in the past as "Isn't your boyfriend from there ?...Oh,duh, I always get those two (neighboring) countries confused."  :o

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #5350 on: February 06, 2014, 05:47:17 AM »
Remember the au pair? Apparently texted her former employer demanding $600 as she had no Warnign about being fired.

The employer has since had the Finnish note translated. It contained some rather not nice worlds about the e players children was well as the girls intent to do nothing all while she enjoyed a holiday.

Margo

« Reply #5351 on: February 06, 2014, 05:51:16 AM »
One of my co-workers recently quit her job. She used to occasionally send me stupid email forwards along the lines of "lol at this kitty cat" or "funny joke about us women." Annoying, but harmless. So yesterday she sent me another junk email. But this time it was an essay about "Oh my gosh, I woke up and discovered I was (particular race). Then I realized it was worse. I had also turned into (immigrants from certain countries+ list of ethnicities, religions and scrabble lifestyles)." I was just floored she would send think that was okay! To make things worse, my religion was included in her hateful piece. She also slammed immigrants from a country that she had often referred to in the past as "Isn't your boyfriend from there ?...Oh,duh, I always get those two (neighboring) countries confused."  :o

I'd be inclined to reply saying "Hi, I thought you should know - it  looks like your account has been hacked as I just got a really nasty, racist rant, sent from your e-mail account" . . .

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #5352 on: February 06, 2014, 07:33:29 AM »
Remember the au pair? Apparently texted her former employer demanding $600 as she had no Warnign about being fired.

The employer has since had the Finnish note translated. It contained some rather not nice worlds about the e players children was well as the girls intent to do nothing all while she enjoyed a holiday.

What company/program did they use? I think someone there needs to see a copy of that note.
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #5353 on: February 06, 2014, 08:09:56 AM »
Mr16 Years may just have cooked his own goose.

...snip....

Now it's in writing with HR, it should get interesting.

OurBoss is now enforcing draconian process requirements on Mr16Y with what almost feels like something close to spitefulness.

"You missed that particular deadline by 3 hours. Declined. Resubmit."

We've had other people who have previously skated stuff in just past the deadline, and although they were reminded of the rules at the time, it was still let pass. I don't remember anything being actively declined for time issues.

I think Mr16Y is not long for this department. I suppose it depends how stubborn he's feeling. I'm just keeping my head down and doing my job.
It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)

Jocelyn

« Reply #5354 on: February 06, 2014, 08:21:03 AM »

I do hope the mother isn't so 'nice' that she takes pity on her, and that if the girl wants to engage the legal system, she will be responding with child endangerment reports. I really doubt it's illegal to fire a nanny without notice if she's endangering your children.