Etiquette School is in session! > "Why would I want to do that?"

I like my wedding ring just fine, thanks!

<< < (2/26) > >>

itsmeforever:
I think what you have sounds lovely. Everyone has different tastes. Heck my mother didn't even have a engagement ring until after they were married! And, it's a ruby!

I had something similar happen....

My DH gave me a interlocking engagement and wedding ring 13 years ago. After 6 years, it broke twice and we found out how cheaply it was made. And to fix it properly, it would cost more than we were willing to spend. I wore a cheap wedding band for 5 years. July '08 he "stole" my set and had it remade with his mother's original wedding band and new, bigger and better quality diamond. Surprised me that Christmas with it! It had my old diamond chips and his mothers band. I was touched and teary eyed.

I saw someone that I hadn't seen in years and she actually remembered the old one and proceeded to give me a LONG lecture. That the old was sentimental and he should have kept it, he should have used a colored stone, because diamonds were for NEW engagement rings ONLY! She was so upset that he gotten rid of the old one. All I could say "I love my new ring."

Kinda took the wind out of my sails.

Suze:
oh POOP on them

whose finger is that ring on?  that is the only other person who SHOULD have a say in what it looks like. (the one buying it is the other)

a good friend has an engagement ring that is a colored stone and has little rubber duckies worked into the sides of the ring. (it's a thing with her)

not for me -- but it is cute. (I would rather have dragons......) and it is "her" and she and her FH are happy with it and that is the thing that counts

Piratelvr1121:
I agree, it shouldn't matter to anyone but the ring wearer and the ring giver. 

My husband ended up getting a plain gold band after a few years. He held onto the claddagh but didn't wear it anymore because the point of the heart kept digging into his skin.  I didn't really mind, as he still wears a ring.   Someday I think it would be nice to get a band with the claddagh design engraved but it depends on how he feels.

wheeitsme:
My husband had a horrible time getting me my pearl engagement ring.  They kept trying to push diamonds.  I LIKE pearls.  I could care less about diamonds.  He knew that.  He ended up spinning a story about my being ethically opposed to diamonds due to the bloody diamond trade before they helped him with pearls...

Dazi:

--- Quote from: wheeitsme on February 28, 2010, 04:23:01 PM ---My husband had a horrible time getting me my pearl engagement ring.  They kept trying to push diamonds.  I LIKE pearls.  I could care less about diamonds.  He knew that.  He ended up spinning a story about my being ethically opposed to diamonds due to the bloody diamond trade before they helped him with pearls...

--- End quote ---

Is it really bad, that I find that really amusing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version