Author Topic: Renaissance Festival Question - Minimum Suggested Amount for Performers?  (Read 798 times)

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
If you ever have a chance to see Adam Crack, the Firewhip show, it's absolutely fantastic!! It's my favorite show, but unfortunately they only came to our faire for the first two weekends.

songbird

Now I'm wishing august would be here, so I can go to the NY Renaissance Fair.

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples

Same here but it is because it I am missing my faire friends from the Washington Midsummer Ren Faire. :D 

BTW, don't assume that everyone in non-stage acts (ie nobles, peasants, middle class who are set up in display tents) are paid acts.  We are mostly all volunteers and a complement goes a long, long way at the end of a hot day.  Also, we know who the really great acts are, ask one of us if you are trying to figure out what to go watch!   Cavallo Equestrian Arts and their "MaCeo Horse Show" is incredible!  They were our joust and horse show for years and now they have gotten a big top and are traveling around putting on their show independently. Go see them if you get a chance, you will not be sorry!

Also, don't' be afraid to ask to have your photo taken with the nobles or with other groups. We are all hams, that is why we are there and unless we are on the way to the biffy we are happy to do a photo with you. (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't stop us if we have a hand on the biffy door and are trying to go in. Promise, we will be out in a moment and would be happy to do photos then!!)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!

Same here but it is because it I am missing my faire friends from the Washington Midsummer Ren Faire. :D 

BTW, don't assume that everyone in non-stage acts (ie nobles, peasants, middle class who are set up in display tents) are paid acts.  We are mostly all volunteers and a complement goes a long, long way at the end of a hot day.  Also, we know who the really great acts are, ask one of us if you are trying to figure out what to go watch!   Cavallo Equestrian Arts and their "MaCeo Horse Show" is incredible!  They were our joust and horse show for years and now they have gotten a big top and are traveling around putting on their show independently. Go see them if you get a chance, you will not be sorry!

Also, don't' be afraid to ask to have your photo taken with the nobles or with other groups. We are all hams, that is why we are there and unless we are on the way to the biffy we are happy to do a photo with you. (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't stop us if we have a hand on the biffy door and are trying to go in. Promise, we will be out in a moment and would be happy to do photos then!!)

Not to mention, there will be a MUCH more pleasant expression on your faces for the "portrait"!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?