Author Topic: What weird/outrageous requests have you seen on Freecycle/Craigslist?  (Read 190163 times)

WHATSNEW

Re: What weird/outrageous requests have you seen on Freecycle/Craigslist?
« Reply #225 on: July 06, 2010, 12:18:22 PM »
On my Freecycle list yesterday

WANTED: Gold Prospecting Equipment

It's so odd it just brings images of men panning streams in gold rush fashion and I just giggle.

I'm sure it's probably going to be used for some sort of educational purpose.  I hope.  I dunno why else someone would want some.

Well there are still places out there where you can pan/mine for gold and I understand that the equipment isn't always cheap.  I plan on going some day as a cub scout project.

WHATSNEW

« Reply #226 on: July 06, 2010, 12:23:56 PM »
My husband just bought a house and is busy cleaning/renovating it.  In the bathroom under-sink cabinet, he found about 15 rolls of toilet paper, anywhere from half-used to almost-gone.  It was very weird.  We couldn't come up with any explanation for why somebody would not use the last 1/2 or 1/3 or whatever of every toilet paper roll.

When I worked housekeeping at a condo/home rental resort in Florida, we were allowed to keep any toilet paper in the unit that wasn't provided by the resort (one roll per bathroom).  People often stayed for a week and provided their own supplies & food.  We ate at least a year's supply of ice cream and popcycles that summer - they would have melted before we got them home.  That year, I didn't buy salt, pepper, sugar, detergent, beach chairs, inflatable toys, etc.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #227 on: July 06, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »
I remember when we went to pack to leave a condo resort in Florida for another resort - DH had been too enthusiastic in buying frozen foods and the ice chest that we brought was jam packed.  There were still a number of things to take with us (two weeks left in stay but at another location).  The seven of us in week one hadn't eaten as much as planned.......it would be six hours before we could check in............

I had seen something when I took out the trash earlier - so I went out and pulled a cracked styrofoam chest out of the trash can, we washed it, I did a temporary fix, and we got everything into it - the meat, ice cream, etc. were useable at the next place.  The ice chest was trashed at the end of our stay - and VorGuy still took home the original ice chest about half full.  He takes things to cook but his plans change when he gets there...............

The salmon that was on sale was good - but that meant that the beef steaks didn't get eaten until the second week and some of the other stuff went home instead of getting eaten.

We also spent the last night eating up the GOOD stuff that couldn't make a two day drive home.  Key Lime Pie.......yuuum!

VorGuy has learned to make more smaller trips even if there are seven of us in the room (up to eight can stay in a two bedroom at that location) and even smaller trips if it is just the two or three of us.  He has trouble passing up a "good sale". 
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #228 on: July 06, 2010, 02:22:31 PM »

It's so odd it just brings images of men panning streams in gold rush fashion and I just giggle.

I'm sure it's probably going to be used for some sort of educational purpose.  I hope.  I dunno why else someone would want some.

Well there are still places out there where you can pan/mine for gold and I understand that the equipment isn't always cheap.  I plan on going some day as a cub scout project.

Panning for gold is a popular hobby where I live.  There are claims staked and everything, still today! 

mikeylou

« Reply #229 on: July 07, 2010, 03:38:49 PM »

Panning for gold is a popular hobby where I live.  There are claims staked and everything, still today! 

Seriously?  That's rather neat!  I grew up in the Mid-Atlantic states where the general impression of the Gold Rush was that it was done and over a century ago.  I've learned some rather interesting tidbits since moving to Texas.  =)

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2010, 03:45:20 PM »
For the 1/2 used TP roll, I know that when company comes, I like to put a fresh roll on the wall for just in case.  New trash can liner, fresh hand towels, fill up the soap...
so, what to do with the 1/3 or such leftover roll?
Toss it under the sink!
And then?  Forget about it till moving time...and then put out with the other stuff deemed too much to deal with so off to GoodWill! 
:)
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

wheeitsme

« Reply #231 on: July 07, 2010, 04:19:08 PM »

Seriously?  That's rather neat!  I grew up in the Mid-Atlantic states where the general impression of the Gold Rush was that it was done and over a century ago.  I've learned some rather interesting tidbits since moving to Texas.  =)

Oh, heavens, no.  There is still gold in them there hills!

I was in Yosemite for the 100 year flood.  It brought down a lot of water and moved a lot of dirt.  We had a problem with a couple of employees not showing up for work the next couple of months because they were out gold hunting. 

ghost

« Reply #232 on: July 07, 2010, 05:08:29 PM »
A mannequin or mannequin parts.

???

Gotta say, a little creepy.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2010, 05:20:52 PM »
A mannequin or mannequin parts.

???

Gotta say, a little creepy.

Umm... if you ae in North texas, that might be mine.

You don't happen to have any, do you?

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2010, 05:26:24 PM »
And now for today's request (wanted section):  EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stripper Pole Rental - $75 (DMV)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-05-18, 9:25PM EDT
Reply to: (removed to protect poster)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pole rentals for a couple or a bunch of friends. Contact via email for more info

I think that is less eeeuw than getting a used breast pump. There is no bodily fluid involved with a pole. Do you think each stripper brings her own to the club?  ;D No, they wipe them down with Windex or something and move on. Whay is that eeeuw?

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #235 on: July 07, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »
if you have a mannequin leg floating around you can make a "Major Award Lamp" out of it

like in Christmas story.
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #236 on: July 07, 2010, 05:32:43 PM »
if you have a mannequin leg floating around you can make a "Major Award Lamp" out of it

like in Christmas story.

Or a "model" for beaded anklets.

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #237 on: July 07, 2010, 05:36:51 PM »

like in Christmas story.

have you tried a stuffed sock or stocking?

I have done pretty well with gloves for braclets -- long gloves (the ones that come about half way to your elbow)
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

magicdomino

« Reply #238 on: July 07, 2010, 05:37:44 PM »

like in Christmas story.

Or a cool Halloween decoration.

EddiesMom

« Reply #239 on: July 07, 2010, 10:11:23 PM »
Seen on Des Moines, IA Craigslist---

"Decorated Jello, all occasions."