Author Topic: What weird/outrageous requests have you seen on Freecycle/Craigslist?  (Read 206224 times)

Amara

Re: What weird/outrageous requests have you seen on Freecycle/Craigslist?
« Reply #1050 on: September 27, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »
Oh, oh, oh, I had to hustle over here immediately when I saw this posted in the Wanted section on CL this morning. I do suspect this of being merely a try for the Best of CL rather than real, but you never know. Some attitudes of students here make me unsure of which it is.

Being a student, I'd like a free ipad, Iphone 5, (please don't contact me if you have an iphone4 or 4s.) a cancun vacation, a bmw and anything else that you'll give me for free that makes me look like "I've got it going on' or that I am wealthy). I already have huge student loans for classes that I barely attended because I had to go get a tattoo and/or pay some dude to stand in line for concert tickets and gas. I need gas to get to the pot-shops out of town now that all the shops around here have been shut down. What is wrong with this world. Please give. I would also appreciate being notified when I can apply for Student loan relief because, it's just so difficult being me. Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 12:49:43 PM by Amara »

Jones

« Reply #1051 on: September 27, 2012, 12:55:24 PM »
Oh, oh, oh, I had to hustle over here immediately when I saw this posted in the Wanted section on CL this morning. I do suspect this of being merely a try for the Best of CL rather than real, but you never know. Some attitudes of students here make me unsure of which it is.

Being a student, I'd like a free ipad, Iphone 5, (please don't contact me if you have an iphone4 or 4s.) a cancun vacation, a bmw and anything else that you'll give me for free that makes me look like "I've got it going on' or that I am wealthy). I already have huge student loans for classes that I barely attended because I had to go get a tattoo and/or pay some dude to stand in line for concert tickets and gas. I need gas to get to the pot-shops out of town now that all the shops around here have been shut down. What is wrong with this world. Please give. I would also appreciate being notified when I can apply for Student loan relief because, it's just so difficult being me. Thank you.

That one sounds like a joke; I wonder if the parents are fed up with his begging and used posted this in an attempt to show him how idiotic he's been?

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #1052 on: September 27, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »

That one sounds like a joke; I wonder if the parents are fed up with his begging and used posted this in an attempt to show him how idiotic he's been?

I'm hoping that. Otherwise, that person is so special and snowflakey that he should migrate to colder climates to avoid melting.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

cattlekid

« Reply #1053 on: September 29, 2012, 01:51:37 PM »
Here's one I saw this morning:

I am expecting in (whatever month) and am looking for the following:

car seat and base (in neutral color)
crib or bassinette
pack and play

Really?  If you are in need of these items, how can you start trying to specify color????   :o

otterwoman

« Reply #1054 on: September 29, 2012, 02:03:55 PM »
Here's one I saw this morning:

I am expecting in (whatever month) and am looking for the following:

car seat and base (in neutral color)
crib or bassinette
pack and play

Really?  If you are in need of these items, how can you start trying to specify color????   :o

More importantly, how can you verify that a used carseat is safe? Better to buy new and be sure.

Miss March

« Reply #1055 on: September 29, 2012, 02:22:36 PM »
This was on my local Craigslist today:

"I am looking to purchase or a adopt a horse, I ride English but enjoy western for fun and love going on the trails.
I want a horse or large pony either free or a small re homing fee."
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good bye so hard.-- Winnie the Poo

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1056 on: September 29, 2012, 02:28:25 PM »
My husband has run into some horses free on Craigslist.  He really, really wanted one.  I reminded him that the horse itself is a tiny part of the cost compared to food, stabling, medical care, etc.  I think he thinks they would be free grass mowers.  I suggested a small goat.  :)  My daughter would prefer a capybara, but I'd imagine those are hard to come by.

HorseFreak

« Reply #1057 on: September 29, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »

"I am looking to purchase or a adopt a horse, I ride English but enjoy western for fun and love going on the trails.

You wouldn't believe how many people who have tried to give me their horses for free. Unfortunately, I can't afford to properly care for one right now, but most people don't realize how much it takes. It's a very large, delicate animal, not a goldfish.

Pippen

« Reply #1058 on: September 29, 2012, 03:05:20 PM »

You wouldn't believe how many people who have tried to give me their horses for free. Unfortunately, I can't afford to properly care for one right now, but most people don't realize how much it takes. It's a very large, delicate animal, not a goldfish.

And you may as well stand there and feed them $50 notes. They cost a fortune to keep.

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #1059 on: September 29, 2012, 05:13:57 PM »
For the car seat, assuming it can be proven excellent/non-accident condition, neutral is a good color scheme to seek.
They did not ask for pink flowers or blue trains, jsut something neutral and unisex.

Now, about that pony, can I get one that poops rainbows?
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #1060 on: September 29, 2012, 05:26:11 PM »
For the car seat, assuming it can be proven excellent/non-accident condition, neutral is a good color scheme to seek.
They did not ask for pink flowers or blue trains, jsut something neutral and unisex.

Feed it a box of crayons first - it worked for my dog!  (And of course it was winter with lots of snow, so the little piles of happy rainbows were very visible in our yard . . .)

cattlekid

« Reply #1061 on: September 29, 2012, 05:47:23 PM »
Yes, but when you are looking for something for free, it would appear to be poor form to be picky about color.

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #1062 on: September 29, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »

Not on CL, but on an equine sale list I moderate. Someone posted offering two 4-month-old fillies; one was $500 and one was $350. The cheaper one has a medical condition that it may or may not grow out of, that the "owner" doesn't want to deal with.

Someone replied, "Can you ride them? I have $100."  :-\
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #1063 on: October 01, 2012, 08:23:56 AM »
I just saw a good one the other day.  A lady was asking for Redskins tickets on Freecycle.
It's not *totally* beyond the realm of possibility, but I still had a good laugh about it. "Yeah lady. That's gonna happen." 

Pippen

« Reply #1064 on: October 02, 2012, 01:01:52 AM »

Not on CL, but on an equine sale list I moderate. Someone posted offering two 4-month-old fillies; one was $500 and one was $350. The cheaper one has a medical condition that it may or may not grow out of, that the "owner" doesn't want to deal with.

Someone replied, "Can you ride them? I have $100."  :-\

4 months old?! And some fool wants to ride them?