Author Topic: What weird/outrageous requests have you seen on Freecycle/Craigslist?  (Read 195292 times)

HermioneGranger

Re: What weird/outrageous requests have you seen on Freecycle/Craigslist?
« Reply #1080 on: October 26, 2012, 09:52:37 AM »
I am so confused....

I'm not surprised...the post ica171 and I were referring to is gone now, sorry.

But it was hilarious, in the grossout thread kind of way...

CakeBeret

« Reply #1081 on: October 26, 2012, 04:18:30 PM »
Hoo boy, wonders never cease on CL. Here is part of an ad that just went up:

Tattoo YOUR COMPANY'S logo on my Arm permenantly!!! Willing to entertain any and ALL company logos. The space is approx. 8 inches by 3 inches, on my right forearm, available to have your Company's official logo tattooed onto it. Also available are each of my (2) calf areas on each of my legs also for the same price. You get (1) location for the asking price. Each additional space is an additional charge.

LOL. There was a rumor going around a few years ago that if you got a Chipotle logo tattooed on you, you would get free burritos for life. If it had been true, I might actually consider it. :P I love me some Chipotle.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #1082 on: October 26, 2012, 04:43:27 PM »
You can have my share.  I get sick every time I eat there. 

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #1083 on: October 27, 2012, 01:15:12 AM »
My husband has run into some horses free on Craigslist.  He really, really wanted one.  I reminded him that the horse itself is a tiny part of the cost compared to food, stabling, medical care, etc.  I think he thinks they would be free grass mowers.  I suggested a small goat.  :)  My daughter would prefer a capybara, but I'd imagine those are hard to come by.

Please don't get a goat as a lawn mower--- you're better off with sheep if you want lawnmowers. Goats, contrary to popular belief, don't eat everything, and they prefer to eat rosebushes than grass. // PSA Over.

Captains Flat, Australia

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1084 on: October 27, 2012, 04:06:44 AM »
My husband has run into some horses free on Craigslist.  He really, really wanted one.  I reminded him that the horse itself is a tiny part of the cost compared to food, stabling, medical care, etc.  I think he thinks they would be free grass mowers.  I suggested a small goat.  :)  My daughter would prefer a capybara, but I'd imagine those are hard to come by.

Please don't get a goat as a lawn mower--- you're better off with sheep if you want lawnmowers. Goats, contrary to popular belief, don't eat everything, and they prefer to eat rosebushes than grass. // PSA Over.

Thanks for letting me know!  I think it unlikely we would, anyway, but it's useful to know on the off chance we consider it.  I do think we'll get chickens one of these days, though!

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #1085 on: October 27, 2012, 07:23:33 AM »
You're welcome, Mommy Penguin. :) It's one of those things that're not all that well known until you get into the farming thing. If you got sheep, get a breed that doesn't require shearing, cause it's a real pest to find a shearer. :) The other thing about goats is that you have to get more than just one of them, as they're much better off with a friend-- the same goes for sheep.

I've got goats and sheep, and a whole bunch of chickens, ducks and guinea fowl. PM me if you want helpful hints, I'm always willing to talk shop.

Captains Flat, Australia

snowfire

« Reply #1086 on: October 27, 2012, 03:30:01 PM »

Soooo true.  Some friends got a pair of goats to eat the weeds & stuff around their house.  They didn't know how finicky they can be.  ;D

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1087 on: October 27, 2012, 09:18:24 PM »
I've got goats and sheep, and a whole bunch of chickens, ducks and guinea fowl. PM me if you want helpful hints, I'm always willing to talk shop.

Thanks for the offer!  I might be doing just that!

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #1088 on: October 28, 2012, 03:01:36 PM »

Thanks for the offer!  I might be doing just that!

Hamlet, you might be hearing from me too.  Good to know about the sheep.  They are so much cuter, too. 

Jones

« Reply #1089 on: November 15, 2012, 12:16:33 PM »
Someone on Freecycle posted

Wanted: A Camper

Thank you and God bless.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1090 on: November 15, 2012, 01:20:14 PM »
Someone on Freecycle posted

Wanted: A Camper

Thank you and God bless.

So: two cots and a tent? Got that. The poster may have them.

bo

« Reply #1091 on: November 15, 2012, 02:23:56 PM »
My husband was on CL looking for some freelance work. This ad said it was not a paid position, but expected the person applying should work extra hours and needed you "to go the extra mile".

Oh gee sounds like a dream job!

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
« Reply #1092 on: November 15, 2012, 02:48:05 PM »
The camper is not out of line here in Seattle. I see 1-2 of them a day on CL in the free area. Yes, they all need work but for free what do you expect.  (never mind, See the SS thread for what they expect)

Amara

« Reply #1093 on: November 16, 2012, 03:45:47 PM »
CL never fails to provide entertainment value. From the San Francisco site:

I'm 33, have an engineering degree from one of the top universities in the world. I'm smart, successful, well-traveled and intelligent.

I would love to help you with your electronics, fix your computer or help you around the house with whatever you need...for free.

What's the catch, you ask?

I'd like to be able to do these things around your house while you hover nude or semi-nude around me. No touching / contact is expected on my part, but this fantasy has been a dream of mine for a while. We can talk about the details of this. Maybe you'll be more comfortable if I was in some state of undress as well for this, etc. Let's discuss.

I'm also willing to meet in public place for coffee or a drink beforehand if that will help you to feel more comfortable with the idea. :)

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #1094 on: November 16, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »
Naked bits around the computer? 
ewww...
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.