Author Topic: What weird/outrageous requests have you seen on Freecycle/Craigslist?  (Read 191816 times)

Jones

Re: What weird/outrageous requests have you seen on Freecycle/Craigslist?
« Reply #1110 on: January 07, 2013, 03:01:46 PM »
That is true. It was just very surprising, after lists of Christmas decorations and kitchen items, to come across a garter belt and fishnets. I don't know that I've seen underclothes/lingerie on the local Freecycle before.

alkira6

« Reply #1111 on: January 07, 2013, 03:04:51 PM »
I saw a giant lot of them a few months ago. A woman was cleaning out her aunt's house and found all sorts of clothes with tags still attached, shoes new in th ebox, never opened housewares.  Apparently her aunt was housebound and would order all sorts of things she couldn't use/didn't need out of boredom.

Amara

« Reply #1112 on: January 08, 2013, 11:15:35 AM »
This just made me burst out into loud laughing a few minutes ago, and I knew I had to share it. Is anyone else old enough to remember 8-track tape systems? Here is part of the ad:

Very RARE Vintage 8-Track Player NEVER Taken Out Of Bag - $329

Figuratively speaking, this 8-Track Player might be worth its weight in gold. It doesn't get any more mint than this. The plastic bag has never been opened. The piece of tape holding the plastic bag closed is intact showing that it's never been removed.

Since the bag has never been opened, this unit has top value. It doesn't get any better than this.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #1113 on: January 08, 2013, 11:21:08 AM »
That's some serious delusion right there.
 ;D

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #1114 on: January 09, 2013, 03:26:04 PM »
This just made me burst out into loud laughing a few minutes ago, and I knew I had to share it. Is anyone else old enough to remember 8-track tape systems? Here is part of the ad:

Very RARE Vintage 8-Track Player NEVER Taken Out Of Bag - $329

Figuratively speaking, this 8-Track Player might be worth its weight in gold. It doesn't get any more mint than this. The plastic bag has never been opened. The piece of tape holding the plastic bag closed is intact showing that it's never been removed.

Since the bag has never been opened, this unit has top value. It doesn't get any better than this.

Great advertising, will still eat your tapes like a goat. :P

BusyBee

« Reply #1115 on: January 09, 2013, 03:39:42 PM »
I don't think this has been posted before, but I think of it every time this thread pops up :)
Christmas 1958 - Little Craig's List

Minmom3

« Reply #1116 on: January 09, 2013, 11:23:00 PM »
Oh, the entitlement . . . This guy has been spamming the heck out of our housing site and getting his ads repeatedly deleted. 
Clipped!!!!

TWO protective but not mean biting 1 large 1 medium sized dogs. Would really like to be in the hills or near the COAST and OCEAN

CAN PAY ELEC or use GENERATOR.
I use little electric due to using SOLAR and SOLAR LIGHTS.

But living space must be FREE or VERY VERY CHEAP to stay there for LANDSITTING LAND SITTER.

NOTE* 420 215 patient - if you are NOT 420 FRIENDLY... not need bother. I grow my LEGAL LIMIT only.[/i]

And let me TELL you, that generator is PLEASANT to live close to.  Notsomuch...   >:(  Our (presumed) druggie neighbors, directly across the street, lost their power when the house was condemned.  They still live there.  The sheriff still visits.  Odd people still pull up and yell at any given hour of the day or night, and/or pound on the gate.  The front gate still falls down in a windstorm.  They will work on said gate at any time from 4 a.m. to midnight.  For weeks.  The generator - is LOUD.  I feel for the neighbors to each side; at least I'm 50+ feet away, across a 2 lane highway.  Nearly 24/7 that thing is obnoxious as all get out.  Just today, when DH was sitting out front having a smoke, some old fart came up and bleared his way through asking if DH had a wife, if wife knew the lady who used to live in the druggie house.  DH was very kind and let him ramble on and on and on....  Took him at least 10 minutes to beat around the bush.  Told him we didn't know anybody over there, sorry.

I live in a very 'smoky' county in California, and I'd bet solid money most of my neighbors DO smoke, but those twits across the road are obnoxious.  I wouldn't wish them or anybody like them on anybody!
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
« Reply #1118 on: May 16, 2013, 03:18:31 PM »
I kind of feel bad for her, that she felt she was in a bad place but didn't have anyone she could reach out to to help her.

Amara

« Reply #1119 on: May 16, 2013, 03:22:44 PM »
Title of ad. Anyone need one?

Decorative whine bottle holder - $5

lemonfloorwax

« Reply #1120 on: May 16, 2013, 03:35:12 PM »
Title of ad. Anyone need one?

Decorative whine bottle holder - $5
I don't bottle my whine. That's unhealthy. I let it flow freely as needed.  ;)
Now if I could bottle my KIDS' whine, I would do that in a heartbeat.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #1121 on: May 16, 2013, 05:01:20 PM »
I feel bad for the mom.  I understand the kids being in CPS, but the mom was obviously nuts.  Now, if they'd had an undercover cop offer to adopt her kid, and she handed him over.  Then I'd feel different.
I feel bad for the boy though.  The article mentioned kids plural, but only one was offered up for adoption.

ica171

« Reply #1122 on: May 16, 2013, 05:16:11 PM »
I feel bad for the mom.  I understand the kids being in CPS, but the mom was obviously nuts.  Now, if they'd had an undercover cop offer to adopt her kid, and she handed him over.  Then I'd feel different.
I feel bad for the boy though.  The article mentioned kids plural, but only one was offered up for adoption.

It mentioned she was pregnant; I wonder if she gave birth between the time the ad was posted and now.

amylouky

« Reply #1123 on: May 16, 2013, 05:25:45 PM »

I feel bad for her, too, and I really don't understand CPS taking the kids. Unless there's more to the story, she wasn't abusing or neglecting him. The weird thing is, if she were in another state where adoption advertising is legal (it's different from state to state) she'd be in no trouble at all. Yes, it's a sad situation but it IS legal to put your kids up for adoption, just not to advertise it in some states unless you're a licensed adoption agency.

ica171

« Reply #1124 on: May 16, 2013, 05:49:17 PM »

I feel bad for her, too, and I really don't understand CPS taking the kids. Unless there's more to the story, she wasn't abusing or neglecting him. The weird thing is, if she were in another state where adoption advertising is legal (it's different from state to state) she'd be in no trouble at all. Yes, it's a sad situation but it IS legal to put your kids up for adoption, just not to advertise it in some states unless you're a licensed adoption agency.

I kind of thought the same thing. She wasn't trying to sell the kid. If she had called CPS and said "I'm feeling overwhelmed and like I can't handle my children" they wouldn't have taken them unless she was putting them in danger. They would have given her resources to help her cope.