Author Topic: Worst case of jaw-dropping in the known history  (Read 18822 times)

KaosP

Re: Worst case of jaw-dropping in the known history
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 11:44:39 AM »
Have any of you ever heard the song, "I'm my own Grandpa"? It's cute, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to insert lyrics (copyright laws). Easy to find on Google!

Minmom3

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 03:31:25 PM »

A similar family showed up on a Family Court episode twenty years ago - the judge was reprising cases from his tenure in family court.........a young couple showed up trying to get permission from their parents to wed (one of them was a couple of months too young, under the laws of the time the real life event occurred).

In court, her mother finally admitted to having had an affair with the young man's father - so he was her half brother.  They couldn't marry.  Girl came unglued in her chair - they had deliberately gotten pregnant to force the permission.............

Her mother stood up and told the court that there was no problem, as when she'd found out that her husband was having an affair with his friend's wife & gotten her pregnant, she'd gone out and had an affair with his best friend and gotten pregnant, too.  The young couple were much relieved, the wedding was performed by the judge, and the grandparents were left to work out the issues with their spouses having found out about the affairs some 17 to 20 years earlier (as I said, they were recreating cases with actors - I don't know what the age of majority was when the real events occurred that were being acted out for the tv show).

They had some really good actors and some of those court cases were more dramatic than any Perry Mason show!

There's a House episode that awfully close to that, too...  Don't remember which year it was, but yeah...  Only of course, they're in the hospital, not court.
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2010, 04:11:03 PM »
The Family Court episode appeared decades before House, because we moved out of that house in 1991 (I remember watching it while we were living in San Angelo, Texas between two of VorGuy's stints in the military).

So the original events could have occurred anytime in the twenty or thirty years before that - the show ran for several years, but I got the impression that only the "best" court cases were reenacted in front of the camera.  Since no tv show by that name & date shows up on a search - must have had a slightly different name......now if only I could remember the judge's name!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

rhirhi

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 01:26:14 PM »

A similar family showed up on a Family Court episode twenty years ago - the judge was reprising cases from his tenure in family court.........a young couple showed up trying to get permission from their parents to wed (one of them was a couple of months too young, under the laws of the time the real life event occurred).

In court, her mother finally admitted to having had an affair with the young man's father - so he was her half brother.  They couldn't marry.  Girl came unglued in her chair - they had deliberately gotten pregnant to force the permission.............

Her mother stood up and told the court that there was no problem, as when she'd found out that her husband was having an affair with his friend's wife & gotten her pregnant, she'd gone out and had an affair with his best friend and gotten pregnant, too.  The young couple were much relieved, the wedding was performed by the judge, and the grandparents were left to work out the issues with their spouses having found out about the affairs some 17 to 20 years earlier (as I said, they were recreating cases with actors - I don't know what the age of majority was when the real events occurred that were being acted out for the tv show).

They had some really good actors and some of those court cases were more dramatic than any Perry Mason show!

There's a House episode that awfully close to that, too...  Don't remember which year it was, but yeah...  Only of course, they're in the hospital, not court.

In House, the dad slept with both women, but the two actually were half-siblings, proven by blood tests if memory serves. Then the girl left the hospital, I don't remember if she came back.

Then there was a similar one with Law & Order, where the mistress killed the dad because he was going to tell his wife about the affair because the children were dating each other.

asb8

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 05:41:05 PM »

In House, the dad slept with both women, but the two actually were half-siblings, proven by blood tests if memory serves. Then the girl left the hospital, I don't remember if she came back.

Then there was a similar one with Law & Order, where the mistress killed the dad because he was going to tell his wife about the affair because the children were dating each other.

It was the scorned wife (played very well by Jane Seymour by the way), who killed her husband when she found out that her son and his half-sister where (unknowingly) dating each other and that the girl had become pregnant.  The girl had been accidentally killed by the husband when she had told him about the pregnancy.

rhirhi

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 02:08:08 PM »

It was the scorned wife (played very well by Jane Seymour by the way), who killed her husband when she found out that her son and his half-sister where (unknowingly) dating each other and that the girl had become pregnant.  The girl had been accidentally killed by the husband when she had told him about the pregnancy.

Thanks, I knew I was messing part of that story line up