Author Topic: I didn't give in to the guilt trip!  (Read 3830 times)

CakeBeret

I didn't give in to the guilt trip!
« on: March 14, 2010, 03:53:56 PM »
Tomorrow--Monday--I see the doctor in the afternoon to find out when I'm being induced; the induction will most likely begin Monday night or Tuesday morning.

I was talking to my sister today, and she wanted me to do her a favor that would last all Monday morning. Since I have very limited time before the baby's here, I will be busy all Monday morning. In addition, this favor would cause me to lose sleeping time, which is pretty precious at this point. Sis knew this. Instead of asking for her favor, she tried the classic guilt trip.

Sis: Oh, I have a doctor's appointment on Monday morning.
Me: That's good!
Sis: It's too bad no one will do Big Favor for me, because I won't be able to make my appointment.
Me: That's too bad. But their office is very flexible, I'm sure you'll be able to reschedule.
Sis: But the doctor isn't in on Tuesday, so I won't be able to see him until at least Wednesday. [Sad face, sad tone.]
Me: That's too bad. I'm sure it will work out. Hey, have you tried Restaurant's new enchiladas yet?

AND THAT WAS IT! I didn't give in to the guilt trip and she took the bean dip.

I'm SO glad I'm learning to stop being a pushover.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
Re: I didn't give in to the guilt trip!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 04:03:30 PM »
Good job!!  It gets easier with time.  My mom is the MASTER at guilt trips.  Usually it's a big heavy sigh followed by "You know my party is coming.  I sure could use some help setting up. Frank (her boyfriend) isn't good at helping.  *sigh"

I used to show up and help, resenting it al the way.  Now I say "You need to get him to help for your parties more!  Hey, I tried that Chocolate Lava recipe you gave me at christmas.. it's really good!"
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 04:29:50 PM »
You do deserve a medal, or at least a hearty " Atta girl!" Take care of yourself first!

Best wishes for an uneventful birth.

sisbam

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 04:46:31 PM »
Nice!

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 05:53:52 PM »
Good for you, shatzie!  And good wishes for a healthy delivery tomorrow or Tuesday, too!

Hillia

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 06:02:01 PM »
You go, girl!  Great job staying cool and staying strong.  I can't believe anyone would ask a Big Favor of a woman 8 hours before her labor induction. 

And all positive vibes coming from here for a happy and easy delivery tomorrow! :D

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Mazdoy

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 06:04:33 PM »
Good luck with the delivery!  I'm currently 2 days overdue and waiting for my little man or woman to make an appearance!

CakeBeret

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 06:25:14 PM »
Good luck with the delivery!  I'm currently 2 days overdue and waiting for my little man or woman to make an appearance!

Oooh, good luck! I hope everything goes well for you. :)
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

BeagleMommy

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 09:15:05 AM »
Yay for Shatzie!  I can't believe the unmitigated gall of someone who would ask a favor of someone hours away from giving birth!  It made me go  :o.  Good luck and I wish you an easy delivery and healthy baby!

FoxPaws

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 09:19:04 AM »
Go Shatzie Go!!

and best wishes for your baby's birth. :)
I am so a lady. And if you say I'm not, I'll slug you. - Cindy Brady

Missy2U

• Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 09:36:43 AM »
shatzie and Mazdoy, you're BOTH in my thoughts!!  Congratulations and best wishes!! ;D

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 10:16:03 AM »
Yay for Shatzie!  I can't believe the unmitigated gall of someone who would ask a favor of someone hours away from giving birth!  It made me go  :o.  Good luck and I wish you an easy delivery and healthy baby!

Really!  I bet it made delivering the "bean dip" NO easier. 

toontownnutter

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 07:24:36 AM »
Well done Shatzie! Successful use of the bean dip for the purpose it was intended.