Author Topic: Borrowing a camper for two weeks  (Read 745 times)

Runningstar

Borrowing a camper for two weeks
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:29:20 AM »
I will be going on a camping trip for two weeks, and my friend who will be staying w/me and my DD for a night or two has borrowed a camper for us.  Her friends own it and she is welcome to use it for the entire time.  She explained that she will only be there for two days at most, and the owners trust that a friend of hers is totally safe to allow to borrow it.  I will not be driving it at all, and my friend will be the one to hook it up to the water and electricity.  It has a bathroom/shower, stove, refrigerator and sleeps 5.  My DD and I will be the only ones staying in it except for the night or two my friend stays.
Does anyone have any advice (or experiences to share) for me on how to be a good borrower of a camper?  I will be using my own cookware and bedding, and will keep it clean, but other than that am a bit nervous about it.

amylouky

Re: Borrowing a camper for two weeks
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 09:32:13 AM »
Make sure you know how to empty the gray/black water tanks.. I'd think it would have to be done on a 2 week trip.
Other than that, make sure it is clean inside, any water or spills are cleaned up well, and any supplies you use are replaced.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Borrowing a camper for two weeks
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 09:37:45 AM »
It will likely have a propane tank to run the fridge and stove and hot water heater, unless it is one that runs completely off the electrical.  So even if it isn't full when you get there, I would make sure the tank was full when I left.  Something to ask your friend about.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario