News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 22, 2017, 04:30:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Special Snowflakes Redux - play nice!  (Read 331895 times)

oogyda

Re: Special Snowflakes Redux - play nice!
« Reply #1950 on: Yesterday at 07:52:12 AM »
Not sure which one is the Special Snowflake, the bumper or the bumpee (or maybe neither of them).

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/local/was-hallway-contact-an-accident-or-intentional-summit-county-courthouse-incident-prompts-investigations

I think it's hilarious that he said she is significantly larger than he is.  Oh, and he was holding files? 

He's also standing in THE MIDDLE of the hallway!

He's definitely the SS.

Yeah, he for sure overreacted and is an SS. She is not significantly larger than him and did not drive her shoulder into him. Also, it was at the very least very thoughtless for him to stand where he was.

She might have deliberately brushed into him. I don't think you can tell from the video. If she wasn't paying attention to him but to the other woman, she might not have seen him. It is odd that she didn't apologize when he tracked her down, but she might have felt defensive. She should have apologized after bumping into him. But he was OTT.

I believe there is a possibility that she did deliberately brush him (but that's all it was....not slamming into him).  The article says that on her way into the restroom she had said "Excuse me" when she had to step around his feet.  So, yeah,  maybe a bit of payback on her part, but not nearly to the extent he claimed.
It's not what we gather along the way that matters.  It's what we scatter.

miranova

« Reply #1951 on: Yesterday at 09:44:15 AM »
Um, wow.  She barely touched him.  I think it would be almost impossible to prove that she did it on purpose.  I don't condone intentionally bumping people, but I can't get worked up about this one, it's so minor. 

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #1952 on: Yesterday at 09:54:56 AM »
Um, wow.  She barely touched him.  I think it would be almost impossible to prove that she did it on purpose.  I don't condone intentionally bumping people, but I can't get worked up about this one, it's so minor.

Yeah, she barely bumped him. Given that his version of events says that she ďdrove her shoulder forcefully into himĒ and thatís plainly not what happened, I know who I believe.  ::)

The other thing I noticed is that sheís walking fairly stiffly; it reminds me of the way I used to walk, in fact, when my hip was getting bad but I hadnít yet progressed to limping obviously. Itís entirely possible she just wasnít flexible enough to swing her shoulder around and avoid him completely.
"Set aphasia to stun!"

MyFamily

« Reply #1954 on: Yesterday at 01:09:40 PM »
I watched the video a few times and I'm not entirely sure which of the women actually bumped into him...it could have been done on purpose (which is PA) but it was certainly not an assault.
"The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones" - Solomon ibn Gabirol

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #1955 on: Yesterday at 05:44:35 PM »
Not sure which one is the Special Snowflake, the bumper or the bumpee (or maybe neither of them).

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/local/was-hallway-contact-an-accident-or-intentional-summit-county-courthouse-incident-prompts-investigations

That looked more like an on purpose rather than an accident to me. There was more than enough room for her to walk past him without touching him, as someone had already done so. If she had turned and said sorry, I would give her a pass.

I think having her charged with assault is going a little over board. It didn't appear he was hit hard enough to cause back pain, but I do think an apology is in order.

Reading through, the bumpee was definitely the snowflake.  He may have been mad that she didn't stop to apologize, but that doesn't give him the right to exaggerate a claim and waste resources on an investigation of a bogus charge.  He should be reprimanded for filing a false statement.
I agree with Bales. It sounds like he was insulted, got mad, and didn't think this all the way through.  You know, like some of the defendants he prosecutes.

Mustard

« Reply #1956 on: Today at 04:13:19 AM »

That looked more like an on purpose rather than an accident to me. There was more than enough room for her to walk past him without touching him, as someone had already done so. If she had turned and said sorry, I would give her a pass.

I think having her charged with assault is going a little over board. It didn't appear he was hit hard enough to cause back pain, but I do think an apology is in order.

Reading through, the bumpee was definitely the snowflake.  He may have been mad that she didn't stop to apologize, but that doesn't give him the right to exaggerate a claim and waste resources on an investigation of a bogus charge.  He should be reprimanded for filing a false statement.
I agree with Bales. It sounds like he was insulted, got mad, and didn't think this all the way through.  You know, like some of the defendants he prosecutes.

I think the really worrying thing about this incident is what would have happened to the woman if it hadnít been caught on CCTV; she could potentially have lost her job, with a criminal conviction and a shattered reputation.

Hmmmmm

« Reply #1957 on: Today at 07:42:31 AM »
Why do people feel the need to post their every thought?

A well loved local restaurant is closing after 30 years in business. The restaurant owner has always been wonderful to the community, never turning down requests to offer dinners for charity events, taking out "ads" in the local HS paper and yearbook, hosting countless homecoming and prom dinners, going out of their way to make many a 50th wedding anniversary special for the celebrants. I would not consider the food to be the best in the city, more "always dependable and sometimes outstanding". The closing was announced on a local foodie group FB page and lots of people recounted memories of their dinners there and how special the restaurant had been to them. The group decided to host a farewell dinner and the organizer posted the invitation on FB.

The first response was from a SS who said "I never liked their food". Really, you felt the need to post that? If you don't want to commemorate the restaurant, keep silent. There's over a 1000 people in this FB group, more than 50 people had already indicated interest in attending. Your input was not needed and you won't be missed. 

o_gal

« Reply #1958 on: Today at 07:50:49 AM »
The woman yesterday at Costco with the motorized shopping cart. Who decided that she needed to forcefully occupy the same space as me.

They were out of roasted chickens  :(  so I was at the prepared foods section looking at their chicken alfredo. I was thinking stuff in my head, like how many servings could I get out of it, what I could serve with it, etc. This woman drives up in her cart and bumps into me, so I move down a bit, but I still need to be in front of that section to look at the containers (reading nutritional info at this point.) She motors into me again, so I look over at her and she looks at me. At this point her cart is right up against my butt. I look back down at the alfredo when she accelerates (this all happened in the space of about 1 second.) The cart moves forward forcefully and the basket part starts to raise up against my side. I yelped loudly and she backs off. But doesn't really apologize - she just says "Oh my!" I am not sure exactly what went on here, there's no way she could not have known how close she was to me and that she would drive straight into me. It all happened so fast that all I got a chance to do was to look at her before she decided that she needed to bash me out of her way.

After I yelped and moved down to look at other stuff, I heard her complaining to her husband that I she couldn't move forward because I was in the way. Specifically, in a slightly angry voice, "She's still here and I can't move this cart. She has to leave."

Lulubelle

« Reply #1959 on: Today at 12:20:38 PM »
The woman yesterday at Costco with the motorized shopping cart. Who decided that she needed to forcefully occupy the same space as me.

They were out of roasted chickens  :(  so I was at the prepared foods section looking at their chicken alfredo. I was thinking stuff in my head, like how many servings could I get out of it, what I could serve with it, etc. This woman drives up in her cart and bumps into me, so I move down a bit, but I still need to be in front of that section to look at the containers (reading nutritional info at this point.) She motors into me again, so I look over at her and she looks at me. At this point her cart is right up against my butt. I look back down at the alfredo when she accelerates (this all happened in the space of about 1 second.) The cart moves forward forcefully and the basket part starts to raise up against my side. I yelped loudly and she backs off. But doesn't really apologize - she just says "Oh my!" I am not sure exactly what went on here, there's no way she could not have known how close she was to me and that she would drive straight into me. It all happened so fast that all I got a chance to do was to look at her before she decided that she needed to bash me out of her way.

After I yelped and moved down to look at other stuff, I heard her complaining to her husband that I she couldn't move forward because I was in the way. Specifically, in a slightly angry voice, "She's still here and I can't move this cart. She has to leave."
That's horrible. I would have complained to management. It sounds like she didn't belong in one.

Team HoundMom

« Reply #1960 on: Today at 03:09:29 PM »
Right after getting dental surgery I was in pain and still groggy from the anesthetic. My mom went into Shoppers Drug Mart to get my prescriptions and when she got back to the car she opened the back door and got me to take the pills immediately. While she was opening the water bottle, etc., likely taking less than a minute, some lady wanted to pull into the spot beside us (I think that spot was for handicapped, I can't remember) and she laid on the horn.  My mom kind of jumped and hurried what she was doing, then the lady laid on the horn AGAIN. My stepdad lost it - he yelled "You can wait! She's helping her sick daughter!! You can WAIT!" while my mom got all flustered and closed the car door.  The lady pulled in and said to my mom "Lady, did I do something wrong?" My mom being the most non-confrontational person ever was all like "No it's okay" and my mouth was too swollen to say anything myself.  But really, she couldn't wait literally a few seconds for my mom to close the car door?

kckgirl

« Reply #1961 on: Today at 04:14:04 PM »
Right after getting dental surgery I was in pain and still groggy from the anesthetic. My mom went into Shoppers Drug Mart to get my prescriptions and when she got back to the car she opened the back door and got me to take the pills immediately. While she was opening the water bottle, etc., likely taking less than a minute, some lady wanted to pull into the spot beside us (I think that spot was for handicapped, I can't remember) and she laid on the horn.  My mom kind of jumped and hurried what she was doing, then the lady laid on the horn AGAIN. My stepdad lost it - he yelled "You can wait! She's helping her sick daughter!! You can WAIT!" while my mom got all flustered and closed the car door.  The lady pulled in and said to my mom "Lady, did I do something wrong?" My mom being the most non-confrontational person ever was all like "No it's okay" and my mouth was too swollen to say anything myself.  But really, she couldn't wait literally a few seconds for my mom to close the car door?

Your mom really should have closed the door. I think she and your dad were the special snowflakes here.
Maryland