News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 01, 2016, 04:03:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1846726 times)

Hillia

Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #8055 on: Today at 11:07:36 AM »
This is why I can't eat at Chipotle.  Everything is pre seasoned at the central kitchen so there's no way to adjust the heat on anything, and everything there is too spicy, even the rice and beans (a major irritant of mine:. When did it become necessary for every single dish to be super spicy?)

#borecore

• Extreme normcore
« Reply #8056 on: Today at 11:13:13 AM »
This is why I can't eat at Chipotle.  Everything is pre seasoned at the central kitchen so there's no way to adjust the heat on anything, and everything there is too spicy, even the rice and beans (a major irritant of mine:. When did it become necessary for every single dish to be super spicy?)

That's interesting. I have the opposite issue -- until you said it just now, I'd never have believed Chipotle was supposed to be spicy. It's OK food, but extremely mild for what it is. I bring the Tabasco back to the table and am a bit annoyed each time that they can't just make it spicy in the first place.

The rice has cilantro, lime and salt as far as I can tell. Where's the spice?

(However, my issues with Chipotle are more of the 'repeatedly making dozens of people very sick' variety!)

gramma dishes

« Reply #8057 on: Today at 11:34:45 AM »

...  That's interesting. I have the opposite issue -- until you said it just now, I'd never have believed Chipotle was supposed to be spicy. It's OK food, but extremely mild for what it is. I bring the Tabasco back to the table and am a bit annoyed each time that they can't just make it spicy in the first place.

The rice has cilantro, lime and salt as far as I can tell. Where's the spice? ...

Me too.  I like for my food to have stronger taste.  Chipotle's seems quite bland for the genre.

Hillia

« Reply #8058 on: Today at 11:45:27 AM »
I freely admit that, despite growing up and living in Texas and Arizona, and eating my share of Mexican food, I am extremely wimpy on the subject of heat.  McDonald's spicy chicken sandwiches are too spicy for me.  I can usually find something on a menu, but not there

VorFemme

• I am not sweating, I'm glowing!
« Reply #8059 on: Today at 01:00:12 PM »
I freely admit that, despite growing up and living in Texas and Arizona, and eating my share of Mexican food, I am extremely wimpy on the subject of heat.  McDonald's spicy chicken sandwiches are too spicy for me.  I can usually find something on a menu, but not there

Born in Texas - moved all over West Texas and the Panhandle, spent a couple of summers in New Mexico (summer camp for whole family), and lived in Phoenix, Arizona for about five years.

At 59,my tastebuds have decided to get more sensitive to heat instead of less sensitive and cilantro tastes like soap. 

VorGuy, on the other hand, puts Tabasco sauce on "everything" except salad & desserts.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

LadyDyani

« Reply #8060 on: Today at 01:15:26 PM »
VorGuy, on the other hand, puts Tabasco sauce on "everything" except salad & desserts.

When I make salad dressing, I sometimes put in a splash or two of Tabasco.
English doesn't borrow from other languages, it follows them down dark alleys and beats them up and searches their pockets for loose grammar.

pattycake

« Reply #8061 on: Today at 01:33:24 PM »

At 59,my tastebuds have decided to get more sensitive to heat instead of less sensitive and cilantro tastes like soap. 

To me, cilantro doesn't even taste as good as soap! Guess I won't ever be eating at Chipotle - I don't care for too hot either and if the rice, which I would eat to calm the heat, has cilantro, well, no,

BigBadBetty

« Reply #8062 on: Today at 01:50:20 PM »

Born in Texas - moved all over West Texas and the Panhandle, spent a couple of summers in New Mexico (summer camp for whole family), and lived in Phoenix, Arizona for about five years.

My tastebuds have gone the opposite way. When I was in high school or younger, I only ate mild foods. The rest of my family liked spicy foods. I was the odd one out. In my 40s, I started liking things much hotter. I am often disappointed when I order things labeled spicy that aren't that spicy. I do wish there was some consistency across restaurants as to what constitutes mild-medium-hot-extra hot. I am still not to the point of ordering thing extra hot at a new restaurant. Now some of my family has digestive issues with spicy foods so we have them less often when we all get together. Just my luck!

I don't like Tabasco. It tastes too vinegary for me. Luckily, a local place makes a hot sauce that is more about the pepper than the vinegar. I like cilantro just fine. I grew up eating it so I know that helps.

Carotte

« Reply #8063 on: Today at 02:26:29 PM »
JCPenneys. Not because I've ever had a problem with any of the stores I've visited, or the products I've bought, but because I've recently learned about how they treat their employees. A friend got a temporary job there and knew that it was just for 6 weeks. That's what the job description said and what the HR person said. She was expected to work off the clock, just to help her coworkers out but without pay. When she applied for unemployment, she was told that she couldn't get it because she quit and just stopped showing up for work.

Happily, she had saved a copy of the job posting and was able to show copies of her schedule to show that she didn't show up for work because she wasn't scheduled to work.

JCPenneys fought her over this for over 6 months.

Reminds me of an acquaitance and her job.
In France you have 'set time contract' and 'open contract', set time you have a start date and an end date, open you have a start date and continuous employement until retirement or licencing or quiting. Set time cannot be more that three years and connot be re-signed more than once (or twice? not sure), anyway, set time is more attractive to the employer because it cost them less (no benefit, stuff like that), open is more attractive to employee because well, you know you have a job and will (unless major screw up) still have it tomorow/in a month/in a year - it's a bit of a sacred graal...
But, and not too many people are aware of that, if you have a "set time contract", who says ends on friday the 10th, and they have you scheduled/tell you to come to work on monday the 12, without making you sign a new contract, you're officially on an open contract from that point on.
This acquaitance knew that, and had notified her work that her contract was about to end, were they going to have her sign a new one or what? they probably gave her the run around, making her wait and all that stuff. Monday 12 comes around, she's set to work, goes to work, sends them a letter basicaly telling them "hey, it's me, remember? now how about I come sign my new open contract hé   ;D".
Job wasn't too happy about their screw up, gave her major heaping pile of rancid Twinkie Doo shift, doesn't matter, open contract and all the benefits for acquaintance.

Morale of the story, know about your country/state laws and regulations about your employment, only you have the best of interest in you.