News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 04, 2015, 02:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 98144 times)

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #1200 on: August 01, 2015, 03:53:49 PM »
The animal shelter had a sale on.

I originally intended to adopt one of two female cats (one was 13, one 15, but neither was really good with other animals) and, well...

His name is Gwydion. ;D
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

pattycake

« Reply #1201 on: August 01, 2015, 04:08:16 PM »

I originally intended to adopt one of two female cats (one was 13, one 15, but neither was really good with other animals) and, well...

His name is Gwydion. ;D

He is beautiful!

Liliane

• My tumblr
« Reply #1202 on: August 01, 2015, 06:35:43 PM »

His name is Gwydion. ;D

He is beautiful!

Thank you! I just couldn't resist, I already had one Siamese...

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1203 on: August 01, 2015, 06:43:07 PM »
Spending quality time with my son before his trip. Watching him enjoy the dinner I made for him.

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #1204 on: August 01, 2015, 10:05:10 PM »
Watching The Dukes of Hazzard. I'd heard of the show before, but wasn't particularly interested (frankly, as someone who grew up in the Deep South, I expected it to make me cringe in one way or another). After running into mentions of it again recently, I figured I'd watch an episode or two just so I had some context for what people were talking about...I finished watching season 1 today.  ;D It's just so charmingly...ridiculous.

I'm especially tickled by the sheer number of things that seem like they should be grating or annoying, but somehow end up being amusing or charming instead: the sheriff's weird laugh (and the Dukes' constant "yee-haws"), the twangy music, the narrator talking directly to the audience, the protagonists being dumber than a bag of hammers at least once an episode, etc. It feels kind of like the Hardy Boys meets Supernatural, set in the world of Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?  >:D

magicdomino

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1205 on: August 02, 2015, 09:40:16 AM »

His name is Gwydion. ;D

Interesting name.  Did you name him, or did he come with the name?  One of my co-workers has an orange tabby named Gwydion.  She said it was a character in a book.

I have yet to get the cat of my dreams, whatever I'm dreaming of.  Looking for a male cat?  Oops, that one is really female, but she has a brother and we'd really prefer to adopt them out together.  Looking for black kittens?  Look at these charming 2 year old sisters.  Thinking about getting a Maine Coon kitten sometime in the future after the elderly cats are gone?  Sorry, Cat Central had a bit of an mix-up, and you get these two short-haired feral kittens while you still have an elderly cat to get upset about the invasion.

Liliane

• My tumblr
« Reply #1206 on: August 02, 2015, 09:43:25 AM »
Interesting name.  Did you name him, or did he come with the name?  One of my co-workers has an orange tabby named Gwydion.  She said it was a character in a book.

I named him - your coworker and I were likely thinking of the same book. :) I've always been very fond of the Prydain Chronicles (very good fantasy series) and I'm quite into Welsh names these days, and it fit, so why not?

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #1207 on: August 02, 2015, 03:59:55 PM »
Snow at home for the first time since I've lived here.

pattycake

« Reply #1208 on: August 02, 2015, 04:25:48 PM »
My friend has a cat that had kittens. He adopted a couple of them out, but kept two of them as they are physically disabled. We think that another cat got into where the kittens were and mauled them when they were very tiny. So they are very cautious, and pretty close to being feral because they are strictly outdoor cats. They do have a heated cat house, and are well fed and watered, but pretty much only come to my friend.

The female, Charity, has one hind leg that is missing a paw. Low Rider, the male, is missing both back paws. They both get around pretty good, but Rider keeps pretty close to home while Charity seems to be more adventurous in going off with her mother and their older half brother, Koala (I can never remember the mom cat's name!) If I am around, Mama is pretty shy but will come if you have food. Charity keeps her distance and will wait to get the food until I am further away. Koala has always been a social boy, and comes right away for loving, food or not! But Rider, who was initially as shy as Charity, seems to have accepted me as an okay person and comes out quite readily for some petting and he doesn't care if there's food any more! I was amazed this morning that he was by the lilac bushes and neither ran away nor came to me as he was busy checking out the grass. It made me happy that he's treating me like one of his people!