News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 05, 2015, 03:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 62500 times)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #810 on: March 03, 2015, 06:22:10 PM »
Lazy procrastinator me forgot to pay her property taxes. :-[ Well, it was in the back of my mind but there was this squirrel . . .

On my way home from work today there was a news story about the on-line website payment option for taxes being inundated with people who waited till the last minute to pay and there were so many complaints because everybody was getting error messages.

Woo! Hoo! #1 Taxes are due today! ;D I thought they were due last Friday! WIN!

I figured I could get home, write the check and get back to my bank before it closed in time to pay. I passed by my bank on the way home and there was quite a line in the drive-through.

So I decided to try the on-line payment. (I'm pretty sure this was the first year that this was an option.)

Woo! Hoo! #2 it went through the first time, no problem! ;D

So I'm a happy cam . . . Oh! Look! SQUIRREL!

turtleIScream

« Reply #811 on: March 03, 2015, 06:23:40 PM »
It got above freezing today.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #812 on: Yesterday at 01:44:15 AM »
Happy and sad:

It might snow/ice here on Wed night/Thu morning.

Happy because I just went grocery shopping and have ingredients to make a pot roast and homemade brownies. I've been on a cooking jag lately and love to bake when it's cold out.

Sad because the weather may postpone my 2nd post op ortho appt (I need meds and have questions about when I can go back to work) and we are supposed to go out of town to get our tattoos worked on. I'm ready to get my sleeve finished!

Benni

« Reply #813 on: Yesterday at 11:09:00 AM »
DH bought a Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix and cream cheese frosting on Saturday.  I made it on Sunday, and just ate the last delicious piece.  AND it was gluten free, yay I can eat cake.  (Picture me dancing in the baking aisle of the grocery store filling my cart with GF cake mixes.)

*For those who are not GF, it is not hard to eat good tasting foods with everything except baked goods.  GF baked goods are really expensive and generally fall far short of expectations, read that as really, really bad.

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #814 on: Yesterday at 12:06:33 PM »
On Sunday, my beloved MIL and FIL stopped off for a visit on their way to Florida. Yay! We love them!
Today, they left.
Yay! I have my house back!
When I was younger I did not understand how you could feel both of those things quite sincerely. I spent a lot more time feeling guilty.
Yay! Not guilty!
                www.ellenseltz.com

daen

« Reply #815 on: Yesterday at 08:00:11 PM »
On Sunday, my beloved MIL and FIL stopped off for a visit on their way to Florida. Yay! We love them!
Today, they left.
Yay! I have my house back!
When I was younger I did not understand how you could feel both of those things quite sincerely. I spent a lot more time feeling guilty.
Yay! Not guilty!

Congrats - that's an achievement!