News:

• April 20, 2018, 08:17:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wrong Ideas About How Things Are Done  (Read 9113 times)

Mustard

Re: Wrong Ideas About How Things Are Done
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2018, 08:16:22 AM »
As a child I thought that it was unfair that swimmers and athletes allocated the middle lanes in the pool or on the track nearly always won.  I didnít know that the heats that had gone on before the finals determined the allocations.

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2018, 09:38:02 PM »
From Customers Suck. There are some obscenities in posts after the first one. OP sells an older car ďas is.Ē A year and a half later, the buyer sued, demanding his money back and repayment of towing and repair costs. The car died from lack of oil service, and, according to the new owner, it is the sellerís respondibilty to provide for maintenance.

We arenít responsible for the health of your car

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

Nuku

« Reply #92 on: Yesterday at 07:03:51 PM »
Fire drills in the home are still recommended!   It's a good idea to have some kind of idea what you need to do in an emergency.  My kids have all had homework in elementary school where they had to draw up an exit plan for the house.

I'm not saying that it wasn't a good idea of my parents to do it, but we hadn't done it in my old house, so I made the connection that there was something wrong with the new one. (Especially since home fire drills weren't common in the 1970s - at least no one else I knew did them.) And we didn't do any other kinds of drills. (Not that you need to do tornado drills at home in the Midwest. Mother Nature gives you practice in that every year.)