News:

• February 22, 2018, 09:19:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Special Snowflakes Redux - play nice!  (Read 430041 times)

Peppergirl

Re: Special Snowflakes Redux - play nice!
« Reply #2235 on: Yesterday at 12:19:43 PM »
In a neighborhood FB group, a woman posted that she was really hurt and upset because she'd be scolded by a fellow patron of the local Tex Mex restaurant. It appears the woman dines there on Thursday nights with her 3 youngish children and is well aware that her kids make a complete mess of their area with lots of dropped chips and rice and other food. But she says that she tips 25% to make up for the staff having to clean up the mess and that people should understand that this is her one night out after being home most of the week with her kids. Upon leaving this past Friday, she over heard a woman make a comment to her dining companion about the mess. Instead of continuing on she confronted the woman telling her she has no idea of how hard it is to raise young children and all parents should be cut some slack. The other woman retaliated with her very specific opinions about lazy parenting and that she doubts the staff is too appreciative of the extra tip amount for one adult plate and 3 kids meals. (Just for context you'd expect her bill to be under $40 with tax unless she is throwing back some serious top shelf margaritas while there. So the extra tip is probably about another $2 over a "standard" tip.)

The woman then doubles down on her stance once she realizes the majority of the group is siding with the other woman and states how she is now in tears because she feels so attacked and realizes our FB group is just anti-children. (Uh, no, probably 90% of the people in the group are either parents with grown kids or parents with kids at home. Few people are willing to pay our ridiculous school taxes if they aren't planning on using the schools.)

She finally deleted the post once her sister piped in with a comment about this is why she refuses to eat out with her and her kids.

Is it wrong that I nearly cheered out loud at the bolded?  >:D ;D

rose red

« Reply #2236 on: Yesterday at 12:43:00 PM »
In a neighborhood FB group, a woman posted that she was really hurt and upset because she'd be scolded by a fellow patron of the local Tex Mex restaurant. It appears the woman dines there on Thursday nights with her 3 youngish children and is well aware that her kids make a complete mess of their area with lots of dropped chips and rice and other food. But she says that she tips 25% to make up for the staff having to clean up the mess and that people should understand that this is her one night out after being home most of the week with her kids. Upon leaving this past Friday, she over heard a woman make a comment to her dining companion about the mess. Instead of continuing on she confronted the woman telling her she has no idea of how hard it is to raise young children and all parents should be cut some slack. The other woman retaliated with her very specific opinions about lazy parenting and that she doubts the staff is too appreciative of the extra tip amount for one adult plate and 3 kids meals. (Just for context you'd expect her bill to be under $40 with tax unless she is throwing back some serious top shelf margaritas while there. So the extra tip is probably about another $2 over a "standard" tip.)

The woman then doubles down on her stance once she realizes the majority of the group is siding with the other woman and states how she is now in tears because she feels so attacked and realizes our FB group is just anti-children. (Uh, no, probably 90% of the people in the group are either parents with grown kids or parents with kids at home. Few people are willing to pay our ridiculous school taxes if they aren't planning on using the schools.)

She finally deleted the post once her sister piped in with a comment about this is why she refuses to eat out with her and her kids.

Is it wrong that I nearly cheered out loud at the bolded?  >:D ;D

25% tip? ::)

I bet the staff dreads seeing them come in and wish they can tell her where to put her oh-so-generous tip.

Who wants to bet every Thursday, the staff goes "you take her" "no, it's your turn" etc.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:44:48 PM by rose red »

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #2237 on: Yesterday at 01:05:17 PM »
(edited)

This says a lot about the woman *and* her kids' behavior.  If your sister/aunt refuses to go out to eat with you, the wolves are insisting that they did not raise you and half the barnyard is claiming that their young aren't as bad as those three kids...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

Peppergirl

« Reply #2238 on: Yesterday at 02:15:06 PM »
(edited)

This says a lot about the woman *and* her kids' behavior.  If your sister/aunt refuses to go out to eat with you, the wolves are insisting that they did not raise you and half the barnyard is claiming that their young aren't as bad as those three kids...

;D ;D The wolves are sitting there wondering why they've been brought into this.  And that their offspring are very well behaved, thank you!

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #2239 on: Yesterday at 02:19:02 PM »
I think that she's the queen of de Nile (denial).  Anyone fighting that hard not to get the message that she's not a good parent knows something, but doesn't want to admit it.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

Yarnspinner

« Reply #2240 on: Yesterday at 02:38:27 PM »
One of our high maintenance drama llamas just left.  Every time this man comes in with a "simple" request, it turns into a tour de force four part melodrama, complete with twirling mustaches.

Does he need to print out a picture of his cat?  Well, we have to print out half a dozen before there's one he likes even though they all appear to be identical.

Send an email?  We have to make a new account every time because he can't remember his passwords.

Today it had to do with a legal case and his lawyer needing some texts printed from his phone.  "It'll just take a minute using remote printing" he says.  "It will also take a wing and a prayer," I told him "the company cancelled our access to remote printing."

(Which they did and I have been griping about it ever since.  The powers that be feel it would be cheaper to just have the function at our downtown facility and cancel out access to all the branches.)

We tried to get at his email from a computer but, predictably, he doesn't remember the password.  (I have spent time and energy getting a new password while discussing the issue with whoever happens to be his email provider.)  We finally agreed he would send the texts to MY email and I would copy and paste to word.

Except nothing I did would convince the program to print the the whole message.  I could have the right half or I could have nothing. 

Finally, I printed out the emails as I received them, then used a black magic marker to blot out my name and personal files because I was too stupid and time strapped to find the option that would let me print without all my personal baggage to come thru.

"Gee, that's so small.  Can't you fix the font size?"

Nope.  No I cannot.  I have tried.  My email is very basic.  If this isn't good enough, I am sorry.  Get hold of your lawyer and find out what his text number is and send it that way.

He left grumbling, but promising us he would be back to tell us what happened.

We are, of course, holding our breath.

GreenBird

« Reply #2241 on: Yesterday at 05:47:57 PM »
One of our high maintenance drama llamas just left.  Every time this man comes in with a "simple" request, it turns into a tour de force four part melodrama, complete with twirling mustaches.

Does he need to print out a picture of his cat?  Well, we have to print out half a dozen before there's one he likes even though they all appear to be identical.

Send an email?  We have to make a new account every time because he can't remember his passwords.

Today it had to do with a legal case and his lawyer needing some texts printed from his phone.  "It'll just take a minute using remote printing" he says.  "It will also take a wing and a prayer," I told him "the company cancelled our access to remote printing."

(Which they did and I have been griping about it ever since.  The powers that be feel it would be cheaper to just have the function at our downtown facility and cancel out access to all the branches.)

We tried to get at his email from a computer but, predictably, he doesn't remember the password.  (I have spent time and energy getting a new password while discussing the issue with whoever happens to be his email provider.)  We finally agreed he would send the texts to MY email and I would copy and paste to word.

Except nothing I did would convince the program to print the the whole message.  I could have the right half or I could have nothing. 

Finally, I printed out the emails as I received them, then used a black magic marker to blot out my name and personal files because I was too stupid and time strapped to find the option that would let me print without all my personal baggage to come thru.

"Gee, that's so small.  Can't you fix the font size?"

Nope.  No I cannot.  I have tried.  My email is very basic.  If this isn't good enough, I am sorry.  Get hold of your lawyer and find out what his text number is and send it that way.

He left grumbling, but promising us he would be back to tell us what happened.

We are, of course, holding our breath.

I strongly recommend that you don't use your personal email for anything like this again.  You do not want to end up being a witness in someone else's legal case.  When you ran out of other options, I think you would have been much better off to just say, "Sorry, I can't help you any further, maybe your lawyer can help you."

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #2242 on: Yesterday at 08:24:19 PM »
Or at least set up a throwaway account for random uses like this.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

rose red

« Reply #2243 on: Today at 08:29:14 AM »
Or at least set up a throwaway account for random uses like this.

I wouldn't even do this. It will still be the OP's account and like the PP, I don't think it's a good idea to have access to somebody else's documents, especially legal docs.

If you're going out of your way anyway, I'm not sure why you didn't simply help him open yet another email account under his name in gmail or yahoo or another free service. They even have security questions for when he forgets his password next time.