News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 31, 2015, 08:56:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 97174 times)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #1185 on: July 28, 2015, 01:49:49 PM »
I made a peach pie. We ate the pie.
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

turtleIScream

« Reply #1186 on: July 28, 2015, 02:36:18 PM »
My 15 year old daughter usually goes to bed around 8 or 8:30, unless we are doing something specific. Last night, we didn't have any plans, so after her brother went to bed, I expected she would retreat to her room as well. But, she didn't. She hung around and asked what we could do together.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Miss Understood

« Reply #1187 on: July 28, 2015, 08:56:13 PM »
Bottle-feeding a three day old baby goat.  She is just the cutest little thing, I've definitely overdrawn on my 'squeeee!' quota.  Adding to the cute factor are the three little dogs who are trying to parent the little kid.

We need pictures!

Miss Understood

« Reply #1188 on: July 28, 2015, 08:57:37 PM »
I saw a badger crossing the road; then a few miles further on, some sort of duck-like bird crossing the road with her babies! Good thing I am quick on the brakes! Then, a hawk type bird swooped down in front of the car. Earlier in the morning, I saw a mule deer watching from the ditch  (thankfully it stayed in the ditch). Not to mention what I call the kamikaze birds (the little grey ones that swoop crazily all over the place.) All in all, a very good animal watching day!

eta: oh yeah, and the other weird bird I saw walk off the road - no idea what it was. Thought it was a goose at first, then realized the body was smaller and it was not a goose at all. It wasn't terribly concerned as it made no effort to fly, though it did disappear into the tall grass!

To the bolded, hopefully not at the same time!

pattycake

« Reply #1189 on: July 28, 2015, 09:08:30 PM »
I saw a badger crossing the road; then a few miles further on, some sort of duck-like bird crossing the road with her babies! Good thing I am quick on the brakes! Then, a hawk type bird swooped down in front of the car. Earlier in the morning, I saw a mule deer watching from the ditch  (thankfully it stayed in the ditch). Not to mention what I call the kamikaze birds (the little grey ones that swoop crazily all over the place.) All in all, a very good animal watching day!

eta: oh yeah, and the other weird bird I saw walk off the road - no idea what it was. Thought it was a goose at first, then realized the body was smaller and it was not a goose at all. It wasn't terribly concerned as it made no effort to fly, though it did disappear into the tall grass!

To the bolded, hopefully not at the same time!

No no no! All totally separate incidences! Miles apart on the highway, thank goodness!

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #1190 on: July 28, 2015, 09:09:07 PM »
I made slow cooker beef-and-Guinness pies and they were an awesome success! The Good Ethnic Boy took a couple to work for lunch yesterday and apparently people were sidling over and making comments about how nice they looked/smelled.  ;D

(I am not a good cook. The GEB does most of the cooking in our house; I have a few recipes I do very well, most of which I don't make any more because I've developed IBS and it doesn't play well with various ingredients. It's nice to find a new recipe that's fun to make and we both love!)
"Set aphasia to stun!"

andi

« Reply #1191 on: July 28, 2015, 10:23:08 PM »
I can now see my counter tops!  I spent today getting the kitchen organized. Such a huge difference

And I found my pot lids!

CorrieFan

« Reply #1192 on: July 29, 2015, 01:37:57 AM »
It rained last night and most of today! This spring and summer have been very dry, and we really need the moisture. And it was a good soaking rain without thunder, lightning or hail!  :)

mandycorn

« Reply #1193 on: July 29, 2015, 01:00:08 PM »
Lots of good kiddo-related news in my facebook feed!

My friends that have been trying for ages to adopt a baby posted an announcement video that their new daughter will be here the first week of next month, and another friend of mine posted that she and her husband were successful in their quest to get increased custody of his children (they're up from two weekends a month and two weeks a year to almost a 50-50 split!).
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1194 on: Yesterday at 04:27:25 PM »
I brought a new wallet. It's so pretty that I just like looking at it.

I'm weeding out books that I'm sure I won't read and donating a bag every few days to the library. Feels good to finally admit that I won't be reading them and getting rid of them from the space in my house and in my head.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1195 on: Yesterday at 06:05:17 PM »
Getting all the travel planning done and having things go smoothly for DH during his trip.

Diane AKA Traska

• Super Hero!
  • Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #1196 on: Yesterday at 06:09:50 PM »
M (my SO) has been having issues at work with a new team lead. We'd been exploring other opportunities even. Well, yesterday Lead's Supervisor's Supervisor held a meeting, and one of the issues that was discussed was Lead's level of micromanagement. (M was frustrated because on that shift literally no one works harder, yet felt that Lead was managing M as if a child.)