News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• May 27, 2015, 09:42:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O "What are you wearing . . . ?" -- Jewelry edition  (Read 2288 times)

wordgirl

• Just bead it
  • Super Hero!
  • Pinterest is the new crack
Re: S/O "What are you wearing . . . ?" -- Jewelry edition
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2015, 01:34:55 PM »
Thank you, heartmug! All credit to the people who actually designed the motifs I used - Deb Roberti, who designed the Starlight pendant, and Linda Genaw's SuperDuo Flower Chain for the rest.

The superduos are the beads that look like little pointed ovals. They have two holes. Allows for some very cool configurations, plus they work up into cool-looking pieces really quickly.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2015, 03:49:32 PM »
I have two bags of the super duos to use!

magicdomino

• Super Hero!
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2015, 04:21:02 PM »
Most days at work, or if I'm going to be away from home for a while:

Tommy Bahama turquoise-colored watch.  I love it.  It is bright enough that I can find it and the dial is big enough that I can read it without my glasses.  It is the only watch that I normally wear, which means it is the only one with a working battery.  :-)  I can't stand having stuff on my hands, so no rings, no bracelets, and the watch is removed as soon as I get home.

Today:

Silver-colored earrings with a "sapphire" stone, and a silver-colored choker-length necklace centered with a rose. 

Most of my jewelry is costume or good fakes.  I'm hard on my toys.  If a favorite earring is lost, at least I'm not out a bunch of cash.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2015, 04:30:52 PM »
I wish I could wear costume jewelry. My sister keeps sending it to me and I can only wear stainless steel, titanium, sterling silver or gold.

catwhiskers

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2015, 10:07:14 AM »
White gold earrings (same pair, always), sterling silver watch, one white gold ring and a sterling silver bracelet. I much prefer white gold and sterling silver to yellow gold.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2015, 10:10:27 AM »
My wedding ring, my garnet and silver ring, a silver charm bracelet with skulls and crowns, then antique silver garnet earrings and a matching ornate garnet and marcasite cross.

GratefulMaria

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2015, 10:14:51 AM »
Yellow gold here, always.  Jet-lagged and just getting going at 10 AM, so only wedding rings so far.  Hope to be back and post after putting on something that sparkles.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2015, 02:45:29 PM »
Wedding band, iolite and white topaz ring in silver, blue pearl earrings and bracelet and a fire-polished Montana and clear bead necklace. I made everything but the rings.

GratefulMaria

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2015, 08:46:53 AM »
Earrings only today -- had to take my wedding rings off because my hands were swelling a little.   :(

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2015, 09:36:48 AM »
Tiny silver stud earrings, on my left wrist my hockey MudLove bracelet and on my right wrist my "dream" MudLove bracelet.

GratefulMaria

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2015, 01:19:40 PM »
Got my wedding rings back on!   :)

magicdomino

• Super Hero!
« Reply #71 on: Yesterday at 10:39:16 AM »
Faux grey pearl necklace and earrings, to go with a blacktop and light grey trousers and shoes. 

wordgirl

• Just bead it
  • Super Hero!
  • Pinterest is the new crack
« Reply #72 on: Yesterday at 11:12:36 AM »
Yay Maria! I hate it when my fingers swell up. Though usually it means I can't take my rings off (since I never do, otherwise.)

Keeping it simple today, just the rings and the brown pearl with gilt-lined topaz AB seed beads necklace that I posted earlier this month. I am pretty annoyed with myself; I made a spiral necklace in brown, teal and olive green to go with the tunic top I'm wearing today and somehow, inexplicably, made it too short. Because I made a beaded toggle clasp, there's going to be a good bit of taking-apart required to make it long enough.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #73 on: Yesterday at 10:08:41 PM »
During the day: silver earrings with vitrail crystal balls, a tricolor infinity knot ring, my wedding band, an owl pendant on a long chain, and my skull and crown charm bracelet.

Dinner: my chain earrings with pearls and crystals, my cushion cut garnet ring, a trio of grey bracelets.