News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 09, 2016, 06:22:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread  (Read 1425126 times)

amandaelizabeth

• Amanda's home based ece
Re: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread
« Reply #11115 on: February 03, 2016, 02:42:32 PM »
Provided you pay with a credit card, you can order a gift card and have it sent to a local address, regardless of where you live.  I have also found that Amazon are great at send gift cards in local currency if requested.  I live in New Zealand and order them through Amazon.com, and have them sent to third countries. 

BigBadBetty

« Reply #11116 on: Yesterday at 02:54:49 PM »
I am a US Citizen. If I fly Chicago-Copenhagen-Milan, do I get to get out, grab my bags and go through customs in Copenhagen and then recheck my bags to go to Italy? How much time should I allow for it?

I have always landed directly into the country I am visiting before.

Alicia

« Reply #11117 on: Yesterday at 03:04:36 PM »
No you stay in the international wing of the airport and thus do not have to do customs

magicdomino

« Reply #11118 on: Yesterday at 04:01:28 PM »
I am a US Citizen. If I fly Chicago-Copenhagen-Milan, do I get to get out, grab my bags and go through customs in Copenhagen and then recheck my bags to go to Italy? How much time should I allow for it?

I have always landed directly into the country I am visiting before.

As long as you aren't leaving the airport, you don't have to go through customs.  The airline should check your bags through to your final destination.  Frankfurt airport requires you to go through security on the way to your European connection (which can take a long time), but I don't know if Copenhagen airport requires that as well.

Dindrane

« Reply #11119 on: Yesterday at 10:03:48 PM »
I have occasionally had to go through extra screening (sometimes security, sometimes immigration, sometimes what seemed to be a bit of both) when making an international connection like described. But it's generally without leaving the international terminal at the airport, and without my checked bags (since they are checked all the way through to my destination).

I've also had to literally run to enough international connections that I'm always happier to have gobs of time to kill than a tight connection, because there's nothing like sitting on a trans-Atlantic flight spending the whole time worrying about how long you'll have in the airport when you finally get there. And since a lot of international flights are less frequent than their domestic counterparts, you get stuck for longer if you miss your connection.