News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 26, 2016, 08:00:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Where do you allow food in your home?

Kitchen
Dining room
Living room/den
Porch
Bedroom
Other

Author Topic: Where do you allow food in your home?  (Read 1352 times)

mime

Re: Where do you allow food in your home?
« Reply #45 on: Today at 01:10:19 PM »
We eat in the kitchen and dining room, and our older son (11yo) can have food in the rec room in the basement. A water bottle in any room is fine.

DH or I may have a snack or late dessert in the bedroom after the kids are in bed, or lunch on the couch if we're home alone, but the kids don't get to. We did allow food in the living room for a while, but it was just. so. messy. I'll be happy to relax that rule later when the kids are older.

It never occurred to me to eat in the bathroom!

lilfox

Re: Where do you allow food in your home?
« Reply #46 on: Today at 03:06:38 PM »
We also eat primarily in the kitchen and dining room (not a separate room, our kitchen and living room are open plan and there is a space for a dinner table that is not technically kitchen or living room).

Eating in the living room doesn't happen much.  The kids can have a rare snack in there if we're watching TV, but meals are always at the table.  The exception is DH who eats his lunch at his home office desk, which happens to be in our bedroom for the time being.  I sometimes have chocolate from my stash in my bedroom, but that's mainly to hide it from the kids (and DH) - generally I don't like eating in bed.  As for drinks, DH and I take our drinks with us to any room (except bathroom), DD is allowed to have a water bottle in her room, DS is still too young.