News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 24, 2018, 08:47:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5502371 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10035 on: December 20, 2012, 10:49:44 AM »
I am annoyed by our two vegetarians at work. I don't appreciate the verbal assertion of moral superiority they are displaying, just because there is food around. You have your choice, and I have mine. Enough already.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #10036 on: December 20, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »
I used to work with people who seemed to feel the need to tell everyone just where their meaty food came from while they were eating it.   Look, I don't begrudge anyone their choices in diet but don't try to make me yak while eating my turkey sandwich, mmkay?

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #10037 on: December 20, 2012, 12:52:31 PM »
I used to work with people who seemed to feel the need to tell everyone just where their meaty food came from while they were eating it.   Look, I don't begrudge anyone their choices in diet but don't try to make me yak while eating my turkey sandwich, mmkay?

I know a few folks like that. They love to crow "You SHOULD know where your food comes from! You should take an interest." Then they try to show me pictures of factory farms.

Yet they turn green and huff if I tell them I not only know, but that my turkey sandwich came from a tom named Big Bubba who flew into the face of his owner's three year old and earned himself a place of honor in our freezer for it. I also know where my beef ribs came from, although I'm not sure if they ever had a name. (Not sure if the white text would be disturbing, so I hid it. Its not explicit or anything.)

Klein Bottle

« Reply #10038 on: December 20, 2012, 01:01:24 PM »
It annoys me that the WC has decided to "name" winter storms this year.  I can't articulate why I find it bothersome, but I refuse to go along with it.    ;D
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical

Luci

« Reply #10039 on: December 20, 2012, 03:24:20 PM »
It annoys me that the WC has decided to "name" winter storms this year.  I can't articulate why I find it bothersome, but I refuse to go along with it.    ;D

Oh, for Pete's sake! (Whoever he is!)

It's snowing and blowing like crazy right now, and if is really, really bad, we'll just call it 'The Snowstorm of 2012'. Right now, it's just another almost-blizzard to endure in a normal, northern Illinois winter. It won't affect any normal human who has enough sense to stay off the road or drive super carfully if he must travel. It is not likely to destoy homes in mass as a tornado or hurricane will.

mmswm

« Reply #10040 on: December 20, 2012, 03:36:16 PM »
The food thing drives me up a wall.  I have a stomach of steel, so my usual response is to start telling some really gross stories about food processing.  If the person gets really bad, I'll go into the FDA guidelines on bugs in wheat products.  I can gross anybody out about anything.  It's a special talent  >:D .  That generally shuts people down.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

blueyzca01

« Reply #10041 on: December 20, 2012, 03:49:57 PM »
Our company holiday luncheon was today.  About a 1/3 of our office works off-site and would be coming to the office just for lunch.  Instead of starting at the time on the invitation, they started 30 minutes earlier.  So those of us that came into the office got to walk into a room with everyone else almost finished with their meals.

DH's wonderful (normally) family did this to us last Thanksgiving.

SIL LOVES LOVES LOVES to go to this particular buffet for T-Day (Capistrano's in Oxnard, for those in SoCal).  BTW, it's not that great.  She really loves not having to cook/clean/prep, and loves being near the ocean.  Okay, that's fine, but that's only a 30 minute drive for her and her family; for DH and me, it's about an hour drive. 

SIL made reservations for 3pm, with plans to arrive earlier and take a walk on the beach.  We told them that we'd arrive at the hotel by 2:45.

When we arrived, we found them in the dining room, FINISHING their meals.  SIL explained that they arrived at 2 and they were absolutely famished and they knew we wouldn't mind if they went ahead and ate.  (NOTE: we minded).  And of course, since they were done, it made it very uncomfortable for us to have a leisurely meal, since the boys (9 years old) were starting to get antsy and wanted to leave already.

$50/plate+tax+tip x 2 for a rushed meal that wasn't even good.  No thanks.  We stuck to our guns this year and didn't go.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:00:07 PM by blueyzca01 »
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

ladyknight1

« Reply #10042 on: December 20, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »
One of the people I referred to up-thread is a fairly new addition. She came over for a management company luncheon which was advertised as barbecue, and the only vegetarian items were coleslaw and desserts.

The next day, she remarked to a room of 15 - 20 people how she was just amazed to see us eating barbecue the day before. Her statement was, "I don't see why you like big chunks of animals sitting in fat and sauce." This was said with a smug look and a smirk. I replied how much I enjoy barbecue and that my DH and I make it quite often at home.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

nuit93

« Reply #10043 on: December 20, 2012, 03:57:38 PM »
The food thing drives me up a wall.  I have a stomach of steel, so my usual response is to start telling some really gross stories about food processing.  If the person gets really bad, I'll go into the FDA guidelines on bugs in wheat products.  I can gross anybody out about anything.  It's a special talent  >:D .  That generally shuts people down.

You know, I'm the same way.  I don't get phased/grossed out easily if someone is describing where/how my food was processed.

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #10044 on: December 20, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
I guess she had no idea what fetal actually meant, eh?
Utah

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #10045 on: December 20, 2012, 04:18:31 PM »
I guess she had no idea what fetal actually meant, eh?

Especially with regards to chicken.

hobish

• Release the gelfling!
« Reply #10046 on: December 20, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »

The little thing driving me up the wall today is my own moodiness  :-[ I really do not know how the world deals with me sometimes. It's almost kinda funny. Almost.  :P

ETCorrect: Moodiness. Not moddiness. I am not a mod mod mod girl.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #10047 on: December 20, 2012, 04:28:58 PM »
last minute additions to my gift buying list. I didn't think that the kids were exchanging with their cousin this year (of the 4 grandkids on my side of the family, 3 are mine). Then I got a call from my sister and she was super excited about the stuff she had gotten for my kids. So I went out today and got Niece a few things. I spent more than I usually would have because Sis bought for all 3 of my kids, so I want Niece to have something to open from each of them as well. The mall was INSANE today and I came home with my eye twitching, my blood pressure up, and my head throbbing.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

ladyknight1

« Reply #10048 on: December 20, 2012, 04:46:21 PM »

The little thing driving me up the wall today is my own moodiness  :-[ I really do not know how the world deals with me sometimes. It's almost kinda funny. Almost.  :P

ETCorrect: Moodiness. Not moddiness. I am not a mod mod mod girl.

I felt like that Monday through midday yesterday and snapped out of it. I'm still not sure why. I had misplaced my mojo for a few days.
-J.R.R Tolkien

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #10049 on: December 20, 2012, 05:34:56 PM »

When we arrived, we found them in the dining room, FINISHING their meals.  SIL explained that they arrived at 2 and they were absolutely famished and they knew we wouldn't mind if they went ahead and ate.  (NOTE: we minded).  And of course, since they were done, it made it very uncomfortable for us to have a leisurely meal, since the boys (9 years old) were starting to get antsy and wanted to leave already.

$50/plate+tax+tip x 2 for a rushed meal that wasn't even good.  No thanks.  We stuck to our guns this year and didn't go.

I love that the people who always say "We didn't think you'd mind" are the people who would probably mind the most if you did the same to them  ::)