Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1619538 times)

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10080 on: December 20, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »
I guess she had no idea what fetal actually meant, eh?

Especially with regards to chicken.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #10081 on: December 20, 2012, 05:25:25 PM »

The little thing driving me up the wall today is my own moodiness  :-[ I really do not know how the world deals with me sometimes. It's almost kinda funny. Almost.  :P

ETCorrect: Moodiness. Not moddiness. I am not a mod mod mod girl.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #10082 on: December 20, 2012, 05:28:58 PM »
last minute additions to my gift buying list. I didn't think that the kids were exchanging with their cousin this year (of the 4 grandkids on my side of the family, 3 are mine). Then I got a call from my sister and she was super excited about the stuff she had gotten for my kids. So I went out today and got Niece a few things. I spent more than I usually would have because Sis bought for all 3 of my kids, so I want Niece to have something to open from each of them as well. The mall was INSANE today and I came home with my eye twitching, my blood pressure up, and my head throbbing.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #10083 on: December 20, 2012, 05:46:21 PM »

The little thing driving me up the wall today is my own moodiness  :-[ I really do not know how the world deals with me sometimes. It's almost kinda funny. Almost.  :P

ETCorrect: Moodiness. Not moddiness. I am not a mod mod mod girl.

I felt like that Monday through midday yesterday and snapped out of it. I'm still not sure why. I had misplaced my mojo for a few days.

Shalamar

« Reply #10084 on: December 20, 2012, 06:11:07 PM »

Aside:  oops!  For some reason I thought "fetal" had an "o" in it.  I am dumb.

To answer the question, my hunch is that she knew darned well what the word meant; she was just trying to be as gross and off-putting as possible.  Man, that girl was annoying.

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #10085 on: December 20, 2012, 06:34:56 PM »

When we arrived, we found them in the dining room, FINISHING their meals.  SIL explained that they arrived at 2 and they were absolutely famished and they knew we wouldn't mind if they went ahead and ate.  (NOTE: we minded).  And of course, since they were done, it made it very uncomfortable for us to have a leisurely meal, since the boys (9 years old) were starting to get antsy and wanted to leave already.

$50/plate+tax+tip x 2 for a rushed meal that wasn't even good.  No thanks.  We stuck to our guns this year and didn't go.

I love that the people who always say "We didn't think you'd mind" are the people who would probably mind the most if you did the same to them  ::)

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #10086 on: December 20, 2012, 06:48:30 PM »

No, you were ok, it's an alternate spelling.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #10087 on: December 20, 2012, 09:13:29 PM »

Why do so many people apparently insist on doing this?!?!?  Yesterday, I had to go through my entire family history with the doctor, and had to answer "I don't know" to a bunch of questions about my dad's side of the family, since I'm not in contact with them.  I was talking to my mom last night, and I mentioned those questions to her.  Her response was to start telling me all the answers.  ::)  I just rolled my eyes and got the information.

One of my cousins was having some medical problem. The doctor gave his mom a series of questions he needed answered by family members to provide a complete family medical history.

Aunt took him seriously. The form was filled out for
Both parents
Sick Child
his 5 siblings
all 4 grandparents
19 - 20 biological Aunts and Uncles
All first cousins on both sides. (Remember the 19 - 20 biological Aunts and Uncle - the average family size is 4 - 5 kids)

Doctor was unimpressed. Thing was Aunt spotted something If someone if the family was allergic to something - cousin was either allergic or never had been exposed. Some with me. I've never been stung by a bee/wasp/yellow jacket. Doctor's order are assume you are allergic if stung go to ER if there is the slightest sign of a reaction.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

audhs

« Reply #10088 on: December 20, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »
I have a six week old baby and my current pet peeve is being asked by every one I meet if she is a "good" baby. Even though I know what they mean it still erks me.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #10089 on: December 20, 2012, 10:43:14 PM »
I have heard parents tell their children just how "bad" they were as babies or toddlers. I wonder who is supposed to apologize for their behavior as children, much less infants and toddlers.

PeterM

« Reply #10090 on: December 20, 2012, 11:10:30 PM »
The next day, she remarked to a room of 15 - 20 people how she was just amazed to see us eating barbecue the day before. Her statement was, "I don't see why you like big chunks of animals sitting in fat and sauce." This was said with a smug look and a smirk.

"You're not very bright, are you? We like it because we think it tastes good. To other people, it doesn't taste as good, so they don't eat it. This is not rocket science."

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #10091 on: December 20, 2012, 11:42:14 PM »

To answer the question, my hunch is that she knew darned well what the word meant; she was just trying to be as gross and off-putting as possible.  Man, that girl was annoying.

I would tell her it would be fatal for her to continue to make that comment.

Annoyed in America

« Reply #10092 on: December 20, 2012, 11:58:31 PM »
Phone calls from salespeople.  We ALL have caller id.  If I wanted to talk to them I would answer my friggin phone!  They continue to call again and again.  The same numbers come up on the caller id. So I have taken to picking up the receiver and putting it back down without answering.  It is especially bad at my small office.  LMAO  And they call the fax machine over and over.  Geez...get a clue! 

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #10093 on: December 21, 2012, 06:03:47 AM »

No, you were ok, it's an alternate spelling.

"Foetal" and "foetus" are British spellings.

Octavia

« Reply #10094 on: December 21, 2012, 08:19:47 AM »
I have heard parents tell their children just how "bad" they were as babies or toddlers. I wonder who is supposed to apologize for their behavior as children, much less infants and toddlers.
My biological mother is one who would go on and on about what a "bad" baby I was, until I finally cut her out of my life. She would tell stories about my colic and other health problems over and over in the company of others, pausing dramatically to glare at me as if I was supposed to apologize for inconveniencing her, or thank her for being such a martyr, or somehow repay her for all of that. I finally just started saying that a baby has as much control over its situation as a goldfish in a bowl, and that hopefully my mother had finally determined that all of the anguish I "put her through" has ultimately been worth it. Oy vey  ::)
"I never explain anything." ~Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins