Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1741993 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10095 on: December 21, 2012, 08:25:09 AM »
Octavia ((hugs)) I am glad you gave her the cut.

I thought that was the whole point behind Mother's day and Father's day. A unspoken thank you for putting up with us long enough for us to grow up and move out.

Snooks

« Reply #10096 on: December 21, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »
When I have a really good idea then start doubting myself.  DH has been wanting a tablet computer for a long time, unfortunately most of what he said went in one ear and out the other.  I've just gone and bought him one which I'm 99% sure is the right one but now I realise that the name is very similar to the phone he just bought so I may have got the wrong thing.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10097 on: December 21, 2012, 08:47:30 AM »
I have an iPhone and an iPad. They serve different purposes, usually. That is because the screen on the phone is so small that it is not really practical for extended use as a computer.

Having both makes it easier for me to go from one to the other without having to reset my brain from one OS to a different one.

Snooks

« Reply #10098 on: December 21, 2012, 09:06:40 AM »
Well if I've got the wrong thing it can be returned tomorrow and it'll probably make someone's Christmas because I got the last one in the shop and, if the online stock checkers are anything to go by, the last one in my city.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #10099 on: December 21, 2012, 09:29:45 AM »

The little thing driving me up the wall today is my own moodiness  :-[ I really do not know how the world deals with me sometimes. It's almost kinda funny. Almost.  :P

ETCorrect: Moodiness. Not moddiness. I am not a mod mod mod girl.

I felt like that Monday through midday yesterday and snapped out of it. I'm still not sure why. I had misplaced my mojo for a few days.

Misplaced mojo - i love it. That is up there with off-center chi. :)

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Octavia

« Reply #10100 on: December 21, 2012, 10:16:19 AM »
Octavia ((hugs)) I am glad you gave her the cut.

I thought that was the whole point behind Mother's day and Father's day. A unspoken thank you for putting up with us long enough for us to grow up and move out.
Thanks LK1, I attribute my shiny spine to lots of lurking on this forum.

I've got one. Why is it that I can't seem to come out of a home improvement store without spending at least $100? Even if I only go in to buy a box of nails I end up getting a cart and filling it with other things that I "need." It's worse than going grocery shopping while hungry!
"I never explain anything." ~Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins

Shalamar

« Reply #10101 on: December 21, 2012, 11:45:05 AM »
"Foetal" and "foetus" are British spellings.

Hooray!  I'm not as dumb as I thought.  :)  I come from a British background.  The reason I thought that "foetal" was wrong is that I plugged it into MS Word and promptly got the Dreaded Red Squiggly Line.

Topic:  my co-worker set up a program on her work computer to make a monkey chattering noise every time she gets an e-mail.  She gets a lot of e-mails.  I'm starting to feel decidedly Grinchy.

snowflake

« Reply #10102 on: December 21, 2012, 11:53:15 AM »

The little thing driving me up the wall today is my own moodiness  :-[ I really do not know how the world deals with me sometimes. It's almost kinda funny. Almost.  :P

ETCorrect: Moodiness. Not moddiness. I am not a mod mod mod girl.

I felt like that Monday through midday yesterday and snapped out of it. I'm still not sure why. I had misplaced my mojo for a few days.

Misplaced mojo - i love it. That is up there with off-center chi. :)

I've had a (former) IL tell me that they are glad we have a "few sane people left" among all the drama queens/kings (in reference to the fact that in the past couple of years many of my siblings and a parent have gone off the deep end and are begging for rescue again and again.) 

I always say that it's not that I'm better than my siblings.  It's because I'm actually so much worse than them that I annoy myself to no end when I go through a bad spell.  I end up looking in the mirror and smacking some sense into myself.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10103 on: December 21, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »
I was in the grocery store earlier this week with my littlest one who had fallen asleep in the car and so to try to let him sleep, instead of strapping him into the cart, I let him lay down with my purse as a pillow.  A little old guy came up to me and said "They're best like that, when they're quiet and not making a bunch of noise!" I just gave him a look.  He seemed to be of the "children are best seen and not heard" opinion.

Course my plan hadn't worked out after all and my li'l guy woke up but was still quiet which was apparently "okay" for this old man.   

The funny thing is today when we went on a bigger run for stuff, Piratebabe was VERY vocal. Not crying or anything, just babbling up a storm and most people who heard him laughed and commented on what a happy baby he is.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Celany

• the soul of a cat, in the body of a person...
« Reply #10104 on: December 21, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »
My work computer was recently upgraded. The new one is much faster, but it also has a new OS, & microsoft suite.

When you open an email in the new outlook, the buttons are in different places. Where the "Reply All" button is, the "Delete" button is. I cannot tell you how many times I've accidentally deleted (and then had to undelete) an email I was trying to reply to.

WHY do they do that?!?!?!?!?!  :o >:(
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. ~ Hippolyte Taine

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10105 on: December 21, 2012, 01:53:16 PM »
My work computer was recently upgraded. The new one is much faster, but it also has a new OS, & microsoft suite.

When you open an email in the new outlook, the buttons are in different places. Where the "Reply All" button is, the "Delete" button is. I cannot tell you how many times I've accidentally deleted (and then had to undelete) an email I was trying to reply to.

For the same reason that an update to a new and improved software takes out all the features that you found the most useful and adds a whole bunch of junk you'll never use.

At one point, we switched from a Dodge Caravan mini-van to its larger sibling, the Grand Caravan.  Whoever designed them to be almost but not quite identical ought to face a firing squad.  There is an identical release handle in the same spot on both models; in the base Caravan it releases the parking brake, but in the Grand it releases the hood latch.  NOT a safe thing to design!  Combine that with a parking brake that doesn't always stop the car from moving when you put it into gear, and you risk releasing the wrong one while driving. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #10106 on: December 21, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »

Thanks LK1, I attribute my shiny spine to lots of lurking on this forum.

I've got one. Why is it that I can't seem to come out of a home improvement store without spending at least $100? Even if I only go in to buy a box of nails I end up getting a cart and filling it with other things that I "need." It's worse than going grocery shopping while hungry!

Or why I can't leave Target without spending at least $75 when my primary mission is cat food?

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10107 on: December 21, 2012, 03:32:41 PM »

Or it might be a case of "Feces Happen." (NSFW, possibly.)
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #10108 on: December 21, 2012, 03:41:55 PM »
I have the original T-shirt that inspired that page.

KimberlyM

« Reply #10109 on: December 21, 2012, 04:17:23 PM »
I have that problem with Costco.  I buy frozen blueberries there (I go through 2-3 5lb bags a month) and I hate going if that's the only thing I need because I know I'll come out with at least $100 less in my pocket!  Last week I made a trip for $88, I think that was the cheapest costco trip I've ever had!