Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1707964 times)

Coralreef

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10140 on: December 23, 2012, 10:51:31 AM »
Loud chewers or worse, open mouth chewers.  Or talking with a mouthful. 

People who inhale food, not bothering to chew it.  No one will steal it!

People who keep asking all kinds of questions during a movie.  I you just shut up and listen, you'll be able to follow.

Someone asking the same question over and over again.  I didn't know the first time, asking again won't make me have an epiphany.  Or worse, I answer it once, didn't you listen?

People who talk and talk and talk without making a point, clarify an idea or just listen to their own voice, amazed at their own genius.  I work with someone like that, I want to slam my head against my desk everytime he comes near.

[/right

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #10141 on: December 23, 2012, 12:02:15 PM »
People chewing gum.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #10142 on: December 23, 2012, 12:26:48 PM »
People who ride your bumper.  The speed limit is 60.  I'm doing 60...especially since the vehicle in front of me is an unmarked police car.  Where I live you can tell by the license plate if you know what to look for.

So don't act all surprised when after riding my bumper for the last 10 miles, you decide to pass me in a no passing zone, doing about 90 to get around, and get pulled over by said unmarked car.  If you would have waited 20 yards, you could have gotten pass me when I stopped for gas.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10143 on: December 23, 2012, 01:32:26 PM »
My DH tends to make me a little nuts. He complains when he's in the furthest left lane, doing exactly the speed limit, and people are running up his tailpipe.  Not that I expect him to speed, and while it's not a law (that I know of) when I was learning to drive I was told that the furthest left lane is only for passing someone else, or getting over to allow someone to merge onto the highway.  But you should not stay in said lane, you should move back to the right lane. 

So dh will get into the left lane and stay in it, doing the speed limit, which of course doesn't exactly allow anyone who needs to pass someone get up to enough speed to pass.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Octavia

« Reply #10144 on: December 23, 2012, 02:03:32 PM »
Home decor trends seem to be cycling at a faster rate than ever, kind of like fashion does. But I'm not made of money and cannot replace architectural finishes annually to keep up with what the experts say I need to have. And I'm unhappy that my 7-year old kitchen is already outdated. Thanks a lot Pinterest and design bloggers  :(
"I never explain anything." ~Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins

Shalamar

« Reply #10145 on: December 23, 2012, 02:06:10 PM »
People who ask you a question and then keep interrupting while you try to answer.

Coralreef

« Reply #10146 on: December 23, 2012, 04:30:04 PM »
People who ask you a question and then keep interrupting while you try to answer.

This... so much this...  I didn't know you met my Ex.

[/right

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10147 on: December 23, 2012, 05:12:08 PM »
My DH tends to make me a little nuts. He complains when he's in the furthest left lane, doing exactly the speed limit, and people are running up his tailpipe.  Not that I expect him to speed, and while it's not a law (that I know of) when I was learning to drive I was told that the furthest left lane is only for passing someone else, or getting over to allow someone to merge onto the highway.  But you should not stay in said lane, you should move back to the right lane. 

So dh will get into the left lane and stay in it, doing the speed limit, which of course doesn't exactly allow anyone who needs to pass someone get up to enough speed to pass.

US here, and I think you are in the eastern US. Check your state's Rules of the Road.

In Illinois, 'Keep right unless passing' is the law, even on three lanes per direction highways - like 6 lanes, or even 14 lanes - I've been to Atlanta, but don't know the laws. In Illinois and Indiana, if one is holding up more than a certain number of cars in his lane, he must pull over (like on a country road) or make sure he is the rightmost lane on multilane highways.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10148 on: December 23, 2012, 05:15:10 PM »

We call those Left Lane Vigilantes.

Here in Washington state, it is illegal to use the left lane unless you are actively passing.

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #10149 on: December 23, 2012, 05:18:58 PM »
ME:  “Excuse me, I’m having trouble finding teriyaki sauce.”
STORE EMPLOYEE:  “It SHOULD be in Aisle 5.  If not, probably Aisle 9.”

I know where it SHOULD be.  It isn’t.  I’ve already looked.  That’s why I’m asking.  ::)  I don’t want to hear “should, maybe, probably.”

« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 07:08:10 PM by oceanus »

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #10150 on: December 23, 2012, 05:42:40 PM »

This... so much this...  I didn't know you met my Ex.

Mine, too.  He used to finish my sentences for me, but he was always wrong!!!

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #10151 on: December 23, 2012, 06:19:33 PM »
People who tailgate me - when I'm in the left lane going the speed limit because I have a left hand exit/interchange coming up. I'm in a clearly marked (signs and painted in the lane) exit lane. I promise I move to the right hand lane as soon as it is safe to do so. Many of these left hand interchanges are on curving bridges/spagghetti bowls.  (If there is more than one lane making the exit I stay in the middle lane or right lane depending on where I need to be once I get on the other freeway.

Example 1
Example 2
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #10152 on: December 23, 2012, 06:25:57 PM »

We call those Left Lane Vigilantes.

Here in Washington state, it is illegal to use the left lane unless you are actively passing.

When I'm on my bike, I call them Mobile Chicanes.   >:D

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10153 on: December 23, 2012, 06:34:27 PM »
I am in the Eastern US and may look into that.

Yesterday I had to go look for a cheesecloth so DH could make mulled cider on Christmas.  Checked my usual store's bakery aisle since well, those things are usually used for baking, right? Not a sign of them there.  I checked in the aisle with the saran wrap/reynold's wrap, etc cause well it's a wrap, sort of and there are also canning supplies and while I've never canned, well...there might be a use there?  I asked someone where I could find them and she suggested the bakery aisle or a display near the butcher/meat section so I checked there.  No dice.   But they did have it at Bed, Bath & Beyond, where I'm sure I paid more than I would have at the grocery store.  ::)

When people worry about getting "drunk" off cooked foods that contain some form of alcohol in them.  About 4 years ago I made tipsy sweet potatoes (basically the sweet potato&marshmallow dish with whiskey) and DH's grandmother fussed that I was going to get them drunk and wouldn't eat it.   His mom, dad, uncle and aunt ate it too, his mom and aunt joking that they were getting drunk.  You can't get drunk off it folks, the alcohol burns off and leaves the flavor.

They must have liked it though as they don't mind having it again this year but for the last 4 years there was always the "Oh you want to make us drunk?" joke.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

nuit93

« Reply #10154 on: December 23, 2012, 06:46:24 PM »

When people worry about getting "drunk" off cooked foods that contain some form of alcohol in them.  About 4 years ago I made tipsy sweet potatoes (basically the sweet potato&marshmallow dish with whiskey) and DH's grandmother fussed that I was going to get them drunk and wouldn't eat it.   His mom, dad, uncle and aunt ate it too, his mom and aunt joking that they were getting drunk.  You can't get drunk off it folks, the alcohol burns off and leaves the flavor.

They must have liked it though as they don't mind having it again this year but for the last 4 years there was always the "Oh you want to make us drunk?" joke.

That does sound tasty!

Though to be fair, I do know some alcoholics in recovery who will not touch food that has even been cooked with alcohol-even if the alcohol is completely cooked off.