A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

What little things drive you completely up the wall....?

<< < (2185/3519) > >>

Piratelvr1121:
Well the Piratebabe woke up shortly before 5 this morning and would NOT go back to sleep.  Now it's about 9:30 am and he's out like a light, WAY before his usual naptime.  ::)

Luci:

--- Quote from: pwv on February 14, 2013, 06:19:37 AM ---Walmart (and probably other stores) have their grocery bags on those carousel things at the end of the check stand.  When the cashier fills a bag, they turn the carousel to get a new (empty) bag.  That makes it easy for the customer to pick up the full bag and place in in their cart.  Or it would  be easy if the cashier would spin the thing so the full bag is facing the customer.  But nooooooo.  They turn the thing so the full bag is facing away from the customer.  Why??

--- End quote ---

Bad training. No cashier I have ever run into does that. Can you just mention it to head cashier without making a big deal out of it?

EmmaJ.:

--- Quote from: Snooks on February 13, 2013, 04:24:56 PM ---Yes Shalamar - that's exactly what my body's saying!

It's been going on most of this week.  I'm fine at work but when I get home I suddenly decide I must eat all the things, even though we don't have anything in the house because I shop for what we need for the week.  I've just gone through my cookery books to decide what to bake this weekend so if I'm like this next week I'll have tasty munchies.  Which leads me onto something else which drives me up the wall - when recipes don't tell you if common allergens (like nuts and alcohol) can be left out or offer substitutions.  I've got a recipe for some butterscotch bars but the recipe calls for peanut butter, I'm guessing I can't just leave it out but I have no idea what to substitute in.

--- End quote ---

Are you allergic to all nuts or just peanuts?  My grocery store carries a cashew butter that is just delicious and would probably work as a substitute.

Girlie:
I'm getting to that age where anytime I say something such as "I'm tired," "I have things to do," "I'm busy," etc., I'm getting met with "But you don't have kids." As though not having children means I should have some bright party life where I never feel ill and never get tired.
It's not everyone, certainly, but enough to drive me nuts.

siamesecat2965:

--- Quote from: Girlie on February 14, 2013, 03:35:03 PM ---I'm getting to that age where anytime I say something such as "I'm tired," "I have things to do," "I'm busy," etc., I'm getting met with "But you don't have kids." As though not having children means I should have some bright party life where I never feel ill and never get tired.
It's not everyone, certainly, but enough to drive me nuts.

--- End quote ---

YES! However, the fact that Iím also single, and therefore have to do everything myself, seems to escape some people. Yes, its great I have no one to answer to or cook dinner for, etc. but, it also means I am the one who cooks for myself, cleans, grocery shops, runs errands, does laundry, etc etc etc with NO help from anyone else.

Iím tired because I work close to 60 hours a week at 2 jobs, with ONE day off. As for the busy, well, I do also have a life. While most of my free time is spent at home, as I am not all that social, sometimes I do like to go out and see friends, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version