Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1540390 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11310 on: March 20, 2013, 06:50:09 AM »
Had to look that quote up since I've never seen Mean Girls, but yeah, that's about it! 

I get people wanting to be an original but that's rather extreme!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Emmy

« Reply #11311 on: March 20, 2013, 09:34:24 AM »
Exchange between DH and I yesterday:

BG:  There was a cell phone left in our bedroom which had a low battery and made a noise every minute or so.  DH was sleeping and I was awake and in a different room so I didn't hear it.

DH:  What's that noise
Me:  What noise?
DH:  What noise?!? (while looking at me as if I am completely stupid and the only person in the world who didn't hear the noise)  You really can't hear that noise?!?
Me:  (annoyed) No I can't.

If he just would have said, "there is a noise in the bedroom, please come check it out", the conversation would have went so much better.  Instead, I get defensive when he acts annoyed because I didn't hear the stupid noise.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11312 on: March 20, 2013, 09:58:28 AM »
Advertisers put links, then I click on them and find that I can't browse the catalogue or site without signing in. I won't do it, so they are missing some business, and of course I am missing a little satisfaction and maybe the chance to purchase something, too.

I am very, very careful about giving out my email address because I can't stand spam. And I am not interested in drugs from other countries or pretty Asian women. Lucas says I get about 40 things in the spam list every day. He gets a chuckle out of it. I get offended. Anyway, that is with being careful of my address.

I'm thinking of opening a Gmail account dedicated to that. But then if I do order, I would never get confirmation letters from them.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11313 on: March 20, 2013, 10:57:08 AM »
People at work who think that if you spray a half a can of air freshner in the ladies room, it will get rid of the smells in there. No, it won't, it will just make it smell like flowered poo.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #11314 on: March 20, 2013, 11:39:54 AM »
People at work who think that if you spray a half a can of air freshner in the ladies room, it will get rid of the smells in there. No, it won't, it will just make it smell like flowered poo.

Worse... perfumed poo.  I've yet to smell an air freshener that didn't just smell like chemicals.  So basically, now you have poo that got ambushed going through the cosmetics area.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11315 on: March 20, 2013, 12:23:46 PM »
And overly flowered poo as well.  :P  I laughed when I heard in a tv show (Coupling) someone described potpourri as "Looks like cereal, smells like your auntie!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Betelnut

« Reply #11316 on: March 20, 2013, 12:29:52 PM »
I think I've complained about this before but...here goes:

Fire/smoke detector low battery warnings. 

Why do they ALWAYS start at night?  I'm not exaggerating to say that the last 3-4 times I've had the warning go off, it begins at night.  Why can't I walk in from work and the warning is beeping then?  When it is convenient?  When I have the energy to pull out the step ladder and change the battery?

"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

nuit93

« Reply #11317 on: March 20, 2013, 12:39:32 PM »

Why do they ALWAYS start at night?  I'm not exaggerating to say that the last 3-4 times I've had the warning go off, it begins at night.  Why can't I walk in from work and the warning is beeping then?  When it is convenient?  When I have the energy to pull out the step ladder and change the battery?

That always ended up happening to me when LIB was out of town and we had no fresh, charged batteries in the house.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11318 on: March 20, 2013, 12:49:26 PM »

That always ended up happening to me when LIB was out of town and we had no fresh, charged batteries in the house.

They have 10 year smoke detector batteries now!  I replaced all of mine with them a couple of years ago and no chirping so far...  :)

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #11319 on: March 20, 2013, 01:27:45 PM »

Little product plug here.  Fabreze Air Effects is actually pretty good.  You're right, nothing can completely get rid of it, but that's the closest we've ever come.  Of course, knowing what it's for, even if all we smell is the air freshener itself we associate the smell with something else...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:35:56 PM by CrochetFanatic »

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11320 on: March 20, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »

Mine are always going off when I get home from work. We have a defective carbon monoxide alarm on the 1st floor, and every 6-8 weeks it goes off, and sets off the smoke detectors on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Makes the birds go wild and the rest of us  >:(.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11321 on: March 22, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »
People who try and rain on your parade. My cousin and I are tentatively planning a cruise in the spring of 2014. So it came up in coversation a couple of times and all I heard was "why would you want to do THAT?" haven't you seen what's happened lately with cruises?  Um yes, but a. we are not taking that line and b. there are tons of cruises every day that go off without a hitch. So please be quiet and let me enjoy my planning!

Shalamar

« Reply #11322 on: March 22, 2013, 02:24:16 PM »
My dad does that!  He's the kind of person who absolutely loathes anything "touristy", so when he heard that we were planning to take our daughters to Disneyworld when they were 8 and 6, he asked "Why on earth would you want to do that?"  Um, because it'll be fun, and they'll love it?

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11323 on: March 22, 2013, 02:52:24 PM »

We had one instance in which the low battery warning went off while we were on vacation.  We have no idea how long it started beeping but we were gone for three weeks. 

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #11324 on: March 22, 2013, 03:25:29 PM »
At the moment I've very annoyed by things that don't follow the "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey" rule. I had to shut off the water to our place yesterday and spent a good deal of time and effort turning the valve the wrong way.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona