A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

What little things drive you completely up the wall....?

<< < (2292/3585) > >>

Diane AKA Traska:

--- Quote from: violinp on April 08, 2013, 04:46:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: Twik on April 08, 2013, 04:37:39 PM ---I can't imagine that someone would write that incoherently deliberately, particularly since you say she sounds pretty intelligent when speaking. Maybe some sort of learning disability?

--- End quote ---

Stream of consciousness while typing on a smartphone? That's my only thought.

--- End quote ---

A stroke, brought on by caffeine overdose, while getting hit by a taxi, doing jumping jacks in the street.

2littlemonkeys:
Using the word "sale" when you should be using the word "sell"

"I want to sale some things on eBay."

I know it's not a typo because I've been seeing it more and more and consistently (as opposed once and then used correctly thereafter).  We had one of these "What things bug you" threads on another forum and it was mentioned by more than a few people.  Is this a new thing and I just haven't caught on yet?

twiggy:
A little thing that's driving me nuts right now is unsynchronized naptimes. Baby woke up right right before DD went down for her afternoon nap. I can usually get Baby to fall asleep as we're headed out to pick up DS from preschool, then they're all up until after lunch, and Baby/DD take an afternoon nap. Some glorious days I can even get DS to lie down.

With the kids being sick last week, our schedule is totally out of sync and I've got kids sleeping in shifts.

Diane AKA Traska:

--- Quote from: 2littlemonkeys on April 08, 2013, 05:34:52 PM ---Using the word "sale" when you should be using the word "sell"

"I want to sale some things on eBay."

I know it's not a typo because I've been seeing it more and more and consistently (as opposed once and then used correctly thereafter).  We had one of these "What things bug you" threads on another forum and it was mentioned by more than a few people.  Is this a new thing and I just haven't caught on yet?

--- End quote ---

I've seen the inverse:  "I've got some thing for sell."

ladyknight1:

--- Quote from: Shalamar on April 08, 2013, 04:15:00 PM ---My dad didn't attend university until he was in his late thirties, and as a result, he was very close in age to some of his professors.  Even so, he addressed all of them as "Mr./Ms. Lastname", and all of them were fine with that except for one guy who said "Eh, call me Bill".  He taught Dad calculus, and they often went for a beer together after exams.  :)

--- End quote ---

This is my third year in college, and I am 44. I am older than half my professors, and still call them Mr/Ms Last Name or Professor/Doctor as appropriate. I have been given far more opportunities to speak my mind because I am courteous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version