Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1750117 times)

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11685 on: April 24, 2013, 08:10:01 PM »
Think of it as providing more canvas for the artist to work on. Alternatively, what the artist is saying is "You look good enough that I want to show off what I did." Yes, it's mostly about the artist and the tattoo, not your underlying beauty, but it does mean the artist thinks you look good enough that the result might win a prize.

Oh absolutely.  He's been wanting to do something like this for a long time, and it does look great.  I'd be happy for him to win (he's young, just starting out but very talented and a really nice guy), I'm just not sure about the 'exposure'.  It starts on my right shoulder, partway across my upper chest, down one arm and nearly full back.  I'm not the youngest, slimmest 'model' around - 51 and comfortably padded.  I know the attention will be on the tattoo and not on me, but it's a little daunting.

And the tattoo show is run by one of the local outlaw motorcycle gangs.  Probably not the best situation for an older woman to get semi-nekkid!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11686 on: April 24, 2013, 08:42:55 PM »
My son does an excellent Chekov impression!

People who call things what they aren't -
Instead of "We are going to the movie theater", "Going to the movies". Drives my remaining brain cells crazy.

???  People often shorten things to make it easier to say; I understand that it drives you crazy but I don't understand why.  No more saying "typo" as it is actually a typographical error?  I am not being snarky, promise, just trying to understand.

The "movies" isn't a place. You could go to the movie theater or rent a movie at the store, etc. Personal pet peeve.

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #11687 on: April 25, 2013, 02:26:32 PM »
Said by medical personel or insurance people: mameogram and prostrate.

And diagnosises. Ugh.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #11688 on: April 25, 2013, 02:27:32 PM »
At the moment, I'm quite peeved by the fact that one of the Boston Marathon bombers has the same name as my eldest cat.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11689 on: April 25, 2013, 02:39:20 PM »
People (FIL) who compare anything that you cook to their long-dead relatives famous food item and tell you that it is just not as good as something that they had decades ago. I honestly think you could sit both dishes down, identical to what they had ~50 years ago, and they would still taste a difference. Makes me not want to cook for them!

Peach cobbler, cinnamon rolls, chicken and dumplings, etc in this particular case.

mmswm

« Reply #11690 on: April 25, 2013, 02:46:02 PM »
At the moment, I'm quite peeved by the fact that one of the Boston Marathon bombers has the same name as my eldest cat.

Could be worse.  When Saddam Hussein was captured and his pictures hit the wire, a friend of my mother's got teased endlessly for looking exactly like he did.  So, our friend went out and got a hair cut and his facial hair trimmed nice and neat.  Then the cleaned up pictures of Hussein were posted.  They still looked identical.  Poor friend.  He just couldn't win. 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #11691 on: April 25, 2013, 03:01:48 PM »

Your cat will redeem the name. 

exitzero

« Reply #11692 on: April 25, 2013, 04:18:54 PM »

Could be worse.  When Saddam Hussein was captured and his pictures hit the wire, a friend of my mother's got teased endlessly for looking exactly like he did.  So, our friend went out and got a hair cut and his facial hair trimmed nice and neat.  Then the cleaned up pictures of Hussein were posted.  They still looked identical.  Poor friend.  He just couldn't win.

Could even be worse than that. I first read the post as "my friend's mother". That would be very bad.

I worked with a guy awhile back who looked just like Hitler. People used to tell him that all the time, even strangers on the street. One day he was complaining about it, so we suggested that he shave his mustache, maybe that would help. He said he tried it one time and people would coment that he "looked just Hitler, but without the mustache". You can't win.

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #11693 on: April 25, 2013, 06:03:11 PM »

Your cat will redeem the name.

He's much cuter - and far too lazy to blow anything up.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

mmswm

« Reply #11694 on: April 25, 2013, 06:42:53 PM »

Could even be worse than that. I first read the post as "my friend's mother". That would be very bad.

I worked with a guy awhile back who looked just like Hitler. People used to tell him that all the time, even strangers on the street. One day he was complaining about it, so we suggested that he shave his mustache, maybe that would help. He said he tried it one time and people would coment that he "looked just Hitler, but without the mustache". You can't win.

Goodness!  The Evil Dictator Look Alike Club must be a very annoying one to be in.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Calistoga

« Reply #11695 on: April 25, 2013, 06:54:24 PM »
Twist bottom pens.

I'm a clicky top person. I hate twisty bottoms. It's just unnatural!

I also really hate when a pen has a black tip area, a black cap, a black stopper...and the ink is blue.

Bottlecaps

« Reply #11696 on: April 25, 2013, 08:51:42 PM »
Twist bottom pens.

I'm a clicky top person. I hate twisty bottoms. It's just unnatural!

I also really hate when a pen has a black tip area, a black cap, a black stopper...and the ink is blue.

I don't like the twist-bottom pens either. I'm also not a fan of the pens that click at the top to push the point out, but then there's a button you have to hit on the side to get it to go back in.  >:( I like my regular clicky pens - it makes it so much quicker to get your pen ready to write (and ready to go back in your pocket) when you're in a bit of a hurry. It's so cumbersome when it's done any other way, at least if you're in a hurry (such as signing a credit/debit receipt, signing off on things at work, or like me, writing tickets at work as a waitress). Click once to get it out, click once to get it back in.

Dear Pentech/Bic/Other Pen Companies:

Please do not reinvent the wheel.

Sincerely,
Calistoga & Bottlecaps
"Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes." -Tori Amos

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11697 on: April 25, 2013, 08:54:09 PM »
Also to BIC: We women don't need our own pens.  But if you feel you absolutely must, I wish you'd realize not all women like pastels. :P

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #11698 on: April 25, 2013, 09:14:02 PM »

Him and Walter Matthau  ;D
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

diesel_darlin

« Reply #11699 on: April 25, 2013, 11:25:18 PM »
Also to BIC: We women don't need our own pens.  But if you feel you absolutely must, I wish you'd realize not all women like pastels. :P

Hear hear!!!! Im not sure who made them, but I have a lovely set of Mossy Oak camo pens. 2 are pink camo and 2 are woodsy camo. That is more my speed. :P