Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1313400 times)

Shoo

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11925 on: May 14, 2013, 03:32:21 PM »
The incorrect use of the word "yourself."  Like this:

Person #1:  Hi, how are you?

Person #2:  Good, yourself?

GAH!

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #11926 on: May 15, 2013, 02:15:07 PM »
The incorrect use of the word "yourself."  Like this:

Person #1:  Hi, how are you?

Person #2:  Good, yourself?

GAH!

Add to that the incorrect use of "myself," for example: "Send a copy of the report to Tim, Sheila, and myself."

Ugh.  :-\
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #11927 on: May 15, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »
I have a two-hour round-trip commute to work every day. A while back I came up with a silly game to play while driving back and forth: I try to find some object I see from my car to match each letter of the alphabet. So, asphalt, curb, bicycle, ditch, and so on.

I can't find anything for X and Z, which isn't too surprising, but what really irks me is that I can't find anything for N, either. Why is N so difficult? It's a common letter!
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

mw8242

« Reply #11928 on: May 15, 2013, 02:22:11 PM »
I have a two-hour round-trip commute to work every day. A while back I came up with a silly game to play while driving back and forth: I try to find some object I see from my car to match each letter of the alphabet. So, asphalt, curb, bicycle, ditch, and so on.

I can't find anything for X and Z, which isn't too surprising, but what really irks me is that I can't find anything for N, either. Why is N so difficult? It's a common letter!
Nissan?
Neutral(inside the car, may not count)?

lilfox

« Reply #11929 on: May 15, 2013, 02:35:02 PM »
When DH describes something relatively nutritious but high-calorie that I make as "bad for you."  Especially when it is something I have made for an occasional snack/dessert.  Smoothies made entirely of plain low-fat yogurt, milk or OJ, and frozen whole fruit are not bad for you!  Similarly, pumpkin muffins with whole wheat, brown sugar, and applesauce instead of some of the oil are not bad for you.  The way he says it, it sounds like I've made toxic chemical milkshakes or trans-fat lard-bombs.  (Note:  I also love those, but I don't make them at home)

(He agreed to start altering his comments around DD, so as not to stigmatize various foods or Mommy's cooking!)

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #11930 on: May 15, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »

Nissan?

Alas, I can't use adjectives or brand names. Too bad, since I drive a Nissan!
I did cheat and used the Quick Trip for Q since I despaired of ever coming up with anything else.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

cwm

« Reply #11931 on: May 15, 2013, 02:54:55 PM »

Nissan?

Alas, I can't use adjectives or brand names. Too bad, since I drive a Nissan!
I did cheat and used the Quick Trip for Q since I despaired of ever coming up with anything else.

Unless all of the trees are perfectly healthy and manicured, surely some of them have nodules?

Once a month or so you might see the new moon out your window.

Acorns are classed as nuts, are they not?

Aside from going into nonentities and noncorporeal things, that's all I can come up with right now.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #11932 on: May 15, 2013, 03:18:31 PM »
Or there are the nuts driving the other cars...  ;D
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11933 on: May 15, 2013, 03:24:09 PM »
Someone nodding in the car next to you?

Signs saying "next exit"?

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
« Reply #11934 on: May 15, 2013, 03:30:26 PM »
Recently I gave away bottles of frozen breastmilk to another mother who had lactation problems. My husband has been fretting 'what if we get a shortage'? But every working day I pump 3-4 oz more then the baby drinks, and I also pump on my days off. In a week I had already stored over a liter in the freezer (34 oz), but he still doesn't understand that that is not an issue.

Because poopadities happens.  I had over 100oz in my freezer.  I thought I was good, because I was going to go back to work, and that would give me a good amount since I couldnt' BF at work.

I went through it in less than a week because I was in a major car accident, and my supply tanked.

So, 34 oz?  Not nearly enough if something happens.

I don't have enough space to store enough milk for major events anyways. I had about 100 oz stored to donate to the hospital (for premies) which I could also use if disaster would strike. The fridge was full, some of it had to go, and in less then 2 weeks I have gathered 50 oz of new supply. I still call it needless fretting ;)

Shalamar

« Reply #11935 on: May 15, 2013, 03:31:34 PM »
lilfox, your post reminds me of when we hosted a New Year's Eve party a few years ago for our friends, Couple A and Couple B (and Couple B's two little boys).  Our friends knew how these parties usually worked - they'd show up around 7:00, and we'd have a lot of food available for people to munch on all night.   A typical menu was homemade chicken fingers, veggie platter, nuts, chips, meatballs, crackers, cheese, and shrimp cocktail.

Couple A arrived at the expected time, and we waited for Couple B.  And waited.  And waited.  They finally showed up at 8:30.  I was a bit cross and made a comment about how late they were.  Mrs. B said "We took the kids to Wendy's for dinner first."  I said "What?  Why?  We've got all this food!"  "Oh, I know, but I didn't want them to eat all that junk."  (Emphasis mine.)

:o
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:33:47 PM by Shalamar »

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #11936 on: May 15, 2013, 03:40:24 PM »
lilfox, your post reminds me of when we hosted a New Year's Eve party a few years ago for our friends, Couple A and Couple B (and Couple B's two little boys).  Our friends knew how these parties usually worked - they'd show up around 7:00, and we'd have a lot of food available for people to munch on all night.   A typical menu was homemade chicken fingers, veggie platter, nuts, chips, meatballs, crackers, cheese, and shrimp cocktail.

Couple A arrived at the expected time, and we waited for Couple B.  And waited.  And waited.  They finally showed up at 8:30.  I was a bit cross and made a comment about how late they were.  Mrs. B said "We took the kids to Wendy's for dinner first."  I said "What?  Why?  We've got all this food!"  "Oh, I know, but I didn't want them to eat all that junk."  (Emphasis mine.)

:o

I... but that... yeah... and...   :o

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #11937 on: May 15, 2013, 04:04:53 PM »
Acorns are classed as nuts, are they not?

If only I didn't live in the middle of the desert...  :D

I'm sure I'll find something eventually. I've got my husband working on it now, too.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Luci45

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11938 on: May 15, 2013, 04:11:44 PM »
needles on cacti?

Lynnv

« Reply #11939 on: May 15, 2013, 04:13:07 PM »
How about the numbskull in the car next to you who just cut off a semi?

Or the nitwit who slowed down to 30 on the freeway for no readily apparent reason?

Or he new asphalt on the road where they fixed a pothole?  Not that I have seen a lot of FIXED potholes of late.  :>

Or the neon sign on the bar you just drove past?

Or the newspaper stand/rack on the corner?

Why yes, I am trying to avoid work.  Why do you ask?   ;D
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein