Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1571946 times)

turtleIScream

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #12000 on: May 23, 2013, 09:54:44 PM »
My husband stole my pillow. I climbed into bed, shifted my pillow into position, and was promptly treated to protestations of "Hey, I was using that!"

Dude, use one of your FOUR pillows to support your weak shoulder; you don't get to appropriate mine.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12001 on: May 23, 2013, 09:57:05 PM »
I have something on my pillow that keeps dh from stealing it, and it was something he gave me for Mother's Day.  A pillowcase with Captain Jack Sparrow on it. :):)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ScubaGirl

« Reply #12002 on: May 24, 2013, 09:47:41 AM »
"At least 300 or more..."

Which is it? At least 300? Or 300 or more? This happens all too often from professional news reporters. Drives me up the wall!

There was a radio ad that ran for a while and the narrator said "if you need to lose up to 30 pounds or more then....."  So, basically, if you need to lose weight.

Xandraea

« Reply #12003 on: May 24, 2013, 12:05:22 PM »
When baristas put the lid on coffee cups so the mouth opening lines up with or is really near the seam on the cup. Causes leakage and awkward coffee stains in the chest area. Not the greatest thing to start the day with.

OK I skipped to the end to be sure I wasn't resurrecting an ancient thread, but THIS, so very very much!  I stop every time to twist the lid around the right way so the coffee doesn't leak out.  Not sure why this isn't in the Barista training manual.

Seven Ate Nine

« Reply #12004 on: May 24, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »
My husband stole my pillow. I climbed into bed, shifted my pillow into position, and was promptly treated to protestations of "Hey, I was using that!"

Dude, use one of your FOUR pillows to support your weak shoulder; you don't get to appropriate mine.

I am 7 months pregnant, and I currently have 5 pillows on my side of the bed.  Each has a stated use.  DH kept borrowing one of the ones that goes under my head while he was working or reading in bed.  I finally gave up and found him another pillow for his side.  It's bad enough that he borrows it, but then I fall half asleep, and have to wake up to get it back where it belongs when he's done with it.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #12005 on: May 24, 2013, 05:59:16 PM »
People who anticipate the green light so start rolling forward...and forward...and forward...until they're well into the intersection before the light every turns green.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Seven Ate Nine

« Reply #12006 on: May 24, 2013, 08:56:59 PM »
When people put things up on facebook that are inflammatory and completely untrue.  Right now, someone shared a status that is bascially "This group sang this politically charged song, radio stations are banning it and it was never released to the public."  I know the song, I have a cd with the song on it around here somewhere, and Spotify lists it on at least two other albums.    Snopes also notes that the song was never released as a single, which is generally needed for radio stations to put it into rotation.  Unfortunately, with the amount of this type of stuff that comes from that particular person, I doubt that putting up Snopes linkes would do any good.

Before anyone says it, yes, I am going to hide this person's feed  :)

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12007 on: May 24, 2013, 10:09:30 PM »
Why does Frontline and other flea preventatives I've seen only come in sets of 3?  I get that the package says "three month supply"-if you have a single cat.  I have a duo, so I have to buy two packages for the three month supply  >:(.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12008 on: May 25, 2013, 01:33:21 AM »
Why does Frontline and other flea preventatives I've seen only come in sets of 3?  I get that the package says "three month supply"-if you have a single cat.  I have a duo, so I have to buy two packages for the three month supply  >:( .
I've gotten sets of 12 from an online retailer, 1800PetMeds[dot]com.  Pretty good prices, too.

My 'up the wall' moment has been brought on by the new Star Trek movie.  It's TREK, people, T-r-E-k. Not 'Star Track'.  Rhymes with 'heck', not 'hack'!!!!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #12009 on: May 25, 2013, 01:33:33 PM »
Why does Frontline and other flea preventatives I've seen only come in sets of 3?  I get that the package says "three month supply"-if you have a single cat.  I have a duo, so I have to buy two packages for the three month supply  >:( .
I've gotten sets of 12 from an online retailer, 1800PetMeds[dot]com.  Pretty good prices, too.

My 'up the wall' moment has been brought on by the new Star Trek movie.  It's TREK, people, T-r-E-k. Not 'Star Track'.  Rhymes with 'heck', not 'hack'!!!!!!

Star Track? That's a new one for me.

CuriousParty

« Reply #12010 on: May 25, 2013, 04:14:03 PM »
The (apparently) never ending request for my input/direction into other people's lives, over my specific requests to be left out of their decision making process, coupled with implications and/or direct statements that I am controlling.

To wit:
My mother would like to vacation with her grandchildren. She first brought this up months ago. Fine, no problem, we'd be happy to join them for some type of local trip. The kids are not ready for big travel. Let us know when and where. After much pestering I conceded that the children have asked to go to the beach at some point, so that would be a good possibility, and we'd like to avoid the littlest one's birthday. The sooner we know the better, so we can block off time at work. There are then weeks, nay months, of pestering - where? When? How?  Why did I not just answer these questions, you ask? Because I have three small children, a job and a husband, and they take up all the planning/management energy I have thankyouverymuch. I cannot plan other people's vacations for them. If you would like us to join you, that's fine, but then plan it and tell me the details. All of which I have said to my parents, slightly more gently then more emphatically. The result?  My father sent me 3 emails with possible places and called twice in the past week asking for my input, then booked the birthday week, which is short notice for my job and dh's job. So we will go for the couple of days we can make it work, and there will be moans about how little time they get. <insert eye rolling smiley here>

Second aggravation: DD has a special event coming up, which spans two days. I sent out a detailed email with times, costs, plans, et. We will be there both days so when others come doesn't matter to us and depend entirely on their schedule/preferences. I haven't heard back from most recipients, so I sent a reminder today (buying tickets tmw). The one reply I have gotten is "when do you want us to come?"

Argh!!! I am already running 4 lives here (DH is on his own).  Handle yourself!!!!

veronaz

« Reply #12011 on: May 25, 2013, 04:33:46 PM »
I have always found it very annoying when people go into a 5 minute diatribe about how busy they have been, usually to explain why they’ve been out of touch.

If I’m worried or concerned I’ll ask “Is everything okay?”  I don’t need to hear all the details about projects at work or family issues or how they’ve had to deal with the plumbing and the dogs, etc., etc., etc. and how they have been telling themselves “Oh, I must call/email veronaz!”  ::)

I really hate that.  It's not necessary, and telling me all that it just an annoying waste of time.  I've talked to people about it, but they STILL keep doing it.  >:(

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12012 on: May 26, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »
When TV stations run marathons of a particular show, and only show ONE part of a two-parter.  Yes, USA, I'm looking at you and your NCIS marathon!
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #12013 on: May 26, 2013, 11:20:14 PM »
When TV stations run marathons of a particular show, and only show ONE part of a two-parter.  Yes, USA, I'm looking at you and your NCIS marathon!

I really hate it when it is a cross over. These people know it is going to go into syndication why not make legal agreement that lets all the parts be shown in either shows repeats. If not possible don't do it.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #12014 on: May 27, 2013, 08:19:59 AM »
Our cats' toilet habits.

When we're out of the house, my cat Holly is shut in my study and the Good Ethnic Boy's kitten April is shut in the main bedroom/ensuite. (There are good reasons for this arrangement. Trust me.) Without fail, when I come home from work and open the door to let Holly out, she's either in the middle of using the kitty litter or has just finished, and although she's healthy and has a good diet the results are usually... um... robust. So I scoop her kitty litter, and just as I finish, the Good Ethnic Boy lets April out. She bolts down the hallway, skids into my study, and proceeds to desecrate Holly's kitty litter tray with some of the most horrific, fart-filled, stinky kitten poo it has ever been my misfortune to be nasally assaulted by, after which she evacuates the room at speed and heads back to smooch her 'Daddy' hello.

So I get to scoop the kitty litter again, while poor Holly is just as horrified as I am and is trying to help me bury it. ::)
"Set aphasia to stun!"