Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1860891 times)

The Wild One, Forever

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #12075 on: June 01, 2013, 07:41:40 PM »
I hate when I buy a cleaning product that comes in a spray bottle only to find the bottle is defective when I go to use it.  I know I could return it and get my money back, but it is a huge inconvenience to make an extra trip to the store.  Usually it means I put off my cleaning until I get back there.  I have ants around my house and purchased some natural ant killer.  Of course the bottle doesn't work and I don't know whether I saved the receipt.  The ants get to live another day.

Oh, that is soooo annoying, and it seems to be happening to me a lot more frequently, lately. 
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12076 on: June 01, 2013, 10:24:40 PM »
When you have one of those resealable bags of something and to open it the first time you have to pull where they have the little notches, but about 1/4 of the way across (if you get that far) it breaks off and the other side doesn't have a notch.   Usually I just grab a pair of scissors but man that's annoying!

Also in the realm of opening packages, the little half-moon on the side of a mac and cheese box that says "push to open" Yeah right. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #12077 on: June 01, 2013, 10:39:39 PM »
^How about obnoxious food packages that are so hard to open it's almost not worth buying the product?
Who is the Doctor?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12078 on: June 01, 2013, 10:48:31 PM »
Well if I'm desperate I will find my way into a package, especially if it's chocolate! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Ferrets

• "Rugby referees are like bees. They communicate through interpretative dance movements."
  • Dych chi'n moyn dishgled?
« Reply #12079 on: June 01, 2013, 11:01:08 PM »
^How about obnoxious food packages that are so hard to open it's almost not worth buying the product?

I refuse to purchase any item which requires me to expend more calories on opening the packet than I gain from consuming the contents.

Life is too short, and I am too hungry!

TeamBhakta

« Reply #12080 on: June 02, 2013, 01:29:48 AM »
I was watching an episode of Little Mosque. Fatima the cafe owner said to her customer Sarah "You didn't order your cinnamon bun. You were too busy flirting with that man." A few scenes later, Sarah's daughter commented "Mom, you're drinking cinnamon in your coffee ? You hate cinnamon!" Sarah  tried to prove she liked cinnamon coffee by sipping it, then made a "oh yuck" face when her daughter walked away. Nobody writing the show thought "gee, we just contradicted ourself in one episode, let's edit / rewrite that" ?  ???

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #12081 on: June 02, 2013, 07:29:02 AM »
When you want to buy something off Craigslist, and the buyer never responds to you.  This has happened to me three times in a row now!  I see an ad for something I want, I email the seller to say "hey, is this still available?  I'm interested in buying it!" and then I never hear back.  I mean, c'mon people!  I'm offering to give you money in exchange for something you don't want or need anymore!  If you've already sold it, then take down the ad and tell people that.  Geesh!

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #12082 on: June 02, 2013, 01:22:09 PM »
When you want to buy something off Craigslist, and the buyer never responds to you.  This has happened to me three times in a row now!  I see an ad for something I want, I email the seller to say "hey, is this still available?  I'm interested in buying it!" and then I never hear back.  I mean, c'mon people!  I'm offering to give you money in exchange for something you don't want or need anymore!  If you've already sold it, then take down the ad and tell people that.  Geesh!

In the seller's defense, I've gotten 10 emails in 20 minutes about an item on Craigslist, 20 over the course of the day. I respond to the first person, tell the 2nd and 3rd they're on a waiting list and ignore the rest.

Dr. F.

« Reply #12083 on: June 02, 2013, 06:28:02 PM »
The allegedly "Southern" accents used in some TV shows. Investigation Discovery seems particularly bad about it. They've got a new series on "Southern Murders," or some such. I won't be watching because the accents and stereotypes in the commercials drive me completely crazy.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #12084 on: June 02, 2013, 11:30:05 PM »
I work at and attend my university. Every summer, there is a research academy which is limited enrollment, and provides research experience necessary for getting admitted to graduate school.

I applied for the academy in February, and received an email in March that I was not selected.

I check my student email tonight, and see that I have not only been accepted, but I have prerequisite homework!  ::)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #12085 on: June 03, 2013, 01:45:59 PM »
When someone does something contrary to sense and logic.

I belong to a perfume forum where one of the topics that comes up very frequently is the hassle of shipping perfume to each other, even within one's own country.  I explained this to a friend recently who used to sell perfume in department stores and she was incredulous.  Lo and behold, she tried sending me some last week and when the postal clerk questioned her about the contents of the box she said it contained perfume.  He wouldn't accept it.

She went to FedEx to send the box and they almost refused to ship it.  However, since she isn't far enough away to justify air transport, they finally agreed to ship it.

She did not request a tracking number.

The package is supposed to arrive tomorrow, but FedEx SmartPost does not live up to its name.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12086 on: June 03, 2013, 01:52:16 PM »
My glasses, or maybe it's just that I'm not used to them yet.  I swear they pick up every little bit of dust there is. I feel like I'm constantly wiping off the lenses because of a bit of dust, lint, pollen, etc. 

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #12087 on: June 03, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »
When I spend a substantial amount of time folding and putting away clothes and I walk downstairs 5 minutes later to see 2yo DD playing "fashion show" dumping every drawer from her dresser, trying on every article of clothing she owns (including panties), twirling around, declaring herself "cute," and then throwing them onto the floor.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12088 on: June 03, 2013, 01:53:59 PM »
My glasses, or maybe it's just that I'm not used to them yet.  I swear they pick up every little bit of dust there is. I feel like I'm constantly wiping off the lenses because of a bit of dust, lint, pollen, etc.
Welcome to the world of the four-eyed!  >:D   I've been doing that for 50 years.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12089 on: June 03, 2013, 02:07:25 PM »
Oh okay, so it's not just my glasses that are dust magnets? :)  Not to mention my toddler wants to yank them off my face when I'm holding him.