A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

What little things drive you completely up the wall....?

<< < (2471/3583) > >>

TeamBhakta:
A young waitress who, after bringing the credit card and bill back to the table, stood next to the table with her head cocked. I guess she planned to watch how much tip was jotted down. She had to be told "Oh, thank you, we'll be with you in a minute or two." Oddly enough, there was another waitress like that at a different restaurant weeks ago. I don't know if it's their particular age group or lack of training from the restaurants, but it's very offputting.   

siamesecat2965:

--- Quote from: TeamBhakta on June 26, 2013, 04:03:40 PM ---A young waitress who, after bringing the credit card and bill back to the table, stood next to the table with her head cocked. I guess she planned to watch how much tip was jotted down. She had to be told "Oh, thank you, we'll be with you in a minute or two." Oddly enough, there was another waitress like that at a different restaurant weeks ago. I don't know if it's their particular age group or lack of training from the restaurants, but it's very offputting.

--- End quote ---

Oh that's annoying. I'd be tempted to cover the bill while I wrote, like kids do in school to keep from other kids copying from them!

siamesecat2965:
A couple things that happened at work last night. Its our big sale, which means all the whackadoodles come out of the woodwork.  Driving us all crazy with inane questions, and so on.

First one: HUGE pet peeve of mine, no matter who does it or where.  Phone rings, and its one of three calls I'm trying to field. I answer, thank you for calling my store and identify myself, blah, blah, blah. "Oh, where am I calling? and who is this?" so I repeat myself. "Oh, someone from there called me?" I hate when people do that.  So I put her on hold, but before I could ask my CW in another area, she hung up. So I asked CW, and yes, it was her who called the customer but LEFT A MESSAGE. Apparetnly customer couldn't be bothered to listen to it, and simply saw the number on her caller id.

Second one: we frequently will call other stores to see if they have an item we don't have, and vice versa. I had a call the other night, from another store, for an item. I looked but while we had it, we did not have the size they wanted. So I told her so. "Oh, really?" Yes really, if I had it, I would have told you.

Third one: Customers who give me a VISA or MC gift card, and then question the amount left on it. Um, all I can do is swipe it, you used it, so I really have no control over how much is left on it vs how much you THINK is left. And they're lucky we can do this now. When I started, we could only use them if they knew exactly how much was on it, as we had to key in the amount or it would decline.

siamesecat2965:
I'm on a roll toady :)  This is just one of my quirks, but light switch toggles that aren't in the correct "position"

I have a light at the top of my stairs, right outside my apt door. There's a switch at the bottom, which I flip up to turn on, when I come home, and a second one inside my apt, which i then flip down, to turn off. Every now and then I don't turn it on, and the switch then is in the up position, but the light is off. If that makes any sense. And that makes me nuts because when a light is off, the switch should be down.

Pen^2:

--- Quote from: TeamBhakta on June 26, 2013, 04:03:40 PM ---A young waitress who, after bringing the credit card and bill back to the table, stood next to the table with her head cocked. I guess she planned to watch how much tip was jotted down. She had to be told "Oh, thank you, we'll be with you in a minute or two." Oddly enough, there was another waitress like that at a different restaurant weeks ago. I don't know if it's their particular age group or lack of training from the restaurants, but it's very offputting.

--- End quote ---

I had a company ask for 'anonymous' feedback from me like this once. The guy handed me the form and just stood there, waiting to see what I would write. I declined to give feedback because even if he left, I was sure he'd just read it afterwards, or fold the corner or something. Kind of like this: http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/000000/20000/8000/600/28638/28638.strip.sunday.gif

I instead rang the company and gave them feedback (including on their feedback services) directly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version