Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1742702 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #12960 on: August 30, 2013, 09:32:13 AM »
E-Hell.

I've been thoroughly enjoying  the house-hunting horror thread and, last night, I had a dream about a house that embodied at least a dozen of the stories.

Thanks a lot, people!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #12961 on: August 30, 2013, 12:42:36 PM »
This nagging sinus headache that woke me up at 5:30 AM on my day off. Grr.

MrTango

« Reply #12962 on: August 30, 2013, 01:07:12 PM »
I'm working with a document that is a part of a few different files.  That isn't a big deal, since we store the document in one file but put a comment in each of the other files referencing which file the document is physically located in.

The problem is, File A has a note saying "See file B."  File B has a note saying "See file C."  File C has a note saying "See file D." and the document is physically located in file D.

Was it too difficult to type "See file D" as the comment in A, B, and C?

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #12963 on: August 30, 2013, 10:29:18 PM »
I'm working with a document that is a part of a few different files.  That isn't a big deal, since we store the document in one file but put a comment in each of the other files referencing which file the document is physically located in.

The problem is, File A has a note saying "See file B."  File B has a note saying "See file C."  File C has a note saying "See file D." and the document is physically located in file D.

Was it too difficult to type "See file D" as the comment in A, B, and C?

At least File D doesn't have a note saying "See file A"! ;D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #12964 on: August 30, 2013, 10:48:05 PM »
I just got home from being gone for 3 days...and I can't get a second to myself!  It would be nice to be able to get a shower and groom (ie brush my teeth, tweeze my eyebrows, et cetera) without an audience.  I don't have children, I'm not prepared for this yet!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

mmswm

« Reply #12965 on: August 30, 2013, 11:01:54 PM »
E-Hell.

I've been thoroughly enjoying  the house-hunting horror thread and, last night, I had a dream about a house that embodied at least a dozen of the stories.

Thanks a lot, people!

As the person who started that thread, I will take it upon myself for saying "You're Welcome!" on behalf of all of us who posted on that thread. :D
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

TeamBhakta

« Reply #12966 on: August 31, 2013, 11:40:29 PM »
I hate that some restaurant employees are making me uncomfortable. There is a restaurant inside my store. A few months ago, one of the employees ringing up my lunch started giggling and flirting with me, tell me excitedly "I know you, tee hee. You come in here all the time. I always see you, tee hee *bats eyelashes*." Which was creepy because I have never seen that employee in my life. When I ordered a cookie, she turned her head away, pulled out two cookies with the tongs and then said "Tee hee, I guess they're stuck or something. Second one's free!" Then one day she saw me sitting outside, called out a rather forward romantic nickname to me and made it clear that she and her girlfriend (who was there with her) were very open to a third person in the relati__ship. I avoided that restaurant for a while  :o I haven't seen her around since.

Now there's another worker there that's a problem. Worker #2 has always acted nice to me / done nice things. And by that I mean "good customer service" nice, not "I want to take you out" nice. Like one time I went to pay and she immediately said, rather calmly, "Oh, our computer is down. Your meal is free." I said to her "Well, here is a gift card of mine. Ring my order up on it when the computer comes back up and just use the balance on the next customer's order", but she refused. I didn't think anything of situations like that until she recently started approaching my sample table, when I was standing at the checkout line, etc. She's been saying in flirty tones things like "You haven't been in today *head cock* We / I haven't seen you *bats eyelashes, makes moony eyes*." And the thing is, I don't eat there that often. Not enough for anyone to notice me missing. It's not a restaurant where tips are handed out, and I'm not in there making $100 orders and giving people impression I'm swimming in money or something

Mild crushes would be flattering. These two, not so much, though :-[

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #12967 on: September 01, 2013, 01:54:08 AM »
I hate that some restaurant employees are making me uncomfortable. There is a restaurant inside my store. A few months ago, one of the employees ringing up my lunch started giggling and flirting with me, tell me excitedly "I know you, tee hee. You come in here all the time. I always see you, tee hee *bats eyelashes*." Which was creepy because I have never seen that employee in my life. When I ordered a cookie, she turned her head away, pulled out two cookies with the tongs and then said "Tee hee, I guess they're stuck or something. Second one's free!" Then one day she saw me sitting outside, called out a rather forward romantic nickname to me and made it clear that she and her girlfriend (who was there with her) were very open to a third person in the relati__ship. I avoided that restaurant for a while  :o I haven't seen her around since.

Now there's another worker there that's a problem. Worker #2 has always acted nice to me / done nice things. And by that I mean "good customer service" nice, not "I want to take you out" nice. Like one time I went to pay and she immediately said, rather calmly, "Oh, our computer is down. Your meal is free." I said to her "Well, here is a gift card of mine. Ring my order up on it when the computer comes back up and just use the balance on the next customer's order", but she refused. I didn't think anything of situations like that until she recently started approaching my sample table, when I was standing at the checkout line, etc. She's been saying in flirty tones things like "You haven't been in today *head cock* We / I haven't seen you *bats eyelashes, makes moony eyes*." And the thing is, I don't eat there that often. Not enough for anyone to notice me missing. It's not a restaurant where tips are handed out, and I'm not in there making $100 orders and giving people impression I'm swimming in money or something

Mild crushes would be flattering. These two, not so much, though :-[

I know exactly what you mean!  You don't understand the flirting and it seems like the person doing it doesn't quite get how to flirt, either.  There's nothing special you do that would warrant this type of attention, and you're certainly not encouraging it, but they sure are lying it on thick!  It's really quite annoying.  I'm sorry you have to withstand it.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #12968 on: September 01, 2013, 07:51:29 AM »
Nobody has to withstand this.  I think this merits a note to management.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12969 on: September 01, 2013, 08:07:32 AM »
I agree, I find that rather creepy!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #12970 on: September 03, 2013, 09:45:21 AM »
From. A few days ago- people who refresh their perfume in a public restroom. I could barely breathe with I used the Ladies' at work the other day.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12971 on: September 03, 2013, 09:56:57 AM »
Not a new thing but that little stat about 1.5 kids always bugged me.  Yes, I know it's an average but that half always annoyed me.  You can't have half a kid, why not just round it up?

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #12972 on: September 03, 2013, 10:43:01 AM »
Not a new thing but that little stat about 1.5 kids always bugged me.  Yes, I know it's an average but that half always annoyed me.  You can't have half a kid, why not just round it up?

Sometimes medians are just more useful or relate-able than means.

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #12973 on: September 03, 2013, 10:50:20 AM »
Pointless bits of school uniform.

Please note that I am totally in favour of school uniform - reduces competition on fashionable clothes, makes children identifiable on their way to and from school, all the rest. The Younger Chick is moving on from school to Sixth Form College this week, and isn't obliged to wear uniform any more. I've just been helping him to clear his wardrobe. So OK, black trousers are black trousers, useful generally, and plain white shirts the same. A school tie... OK. It bugs me a bit that I had to pay for a clip on tie for him to wear for one year when they changed the requirement from a normal tie. Blazer, badged. Badged track pants. I think he wore them about 3 times. Why not plain black track pants that might be some use out of school? It wasn't possible to buy plain black anything and acquire a badge to sew on; the badge was embroidered into the fabric and it was made clear that this was the only acceptable option (they've changed that this year - I wonder how many of us complained about it? Doesn't do me any good though. Badged sports socks. Compulsory rugby shirt; badged so no use after school. He needed two. I'll try to Freegle that stuff, but...

When we emptied the bottom drawer, there were about 5 outgrown polo shirts - badged - two pairs of outgrown shorts - badged - I don't know how many pairs of badged sports socks. I can't even send them to a local charity shop or Freegle them because two years ago they changed the colours of the school logo and the old ones aren't acceptable any more. I reckon about 250-worth of perfectly acceptable clothing is going in the bin because they wouldn't allow us to buy supermarket sports clothes and sew badges on for any child who was actually going to play in a school team (never a likelihood for either of my children). It's annoying enough having to buy new kit every year because they grow so fast, but having to pay 12 for a sports shirt with a fancy badge on it, when they're 2 for 5 in Asda is beyond irritating. Oh, and the cheap ones can be bleached when the mud and dirt gets too much. The badged one can't because the badge isn't colourfast. Learned that the hard way.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12974 on: September 03, 2013, 12:45:40 PM »
Now this is really a petty thing but maaaaaan! Of all the times to NOT be able to visit Ocean City! *pout*  I saw that El Galeon left OC and there was a Flikr album shared of her leaving her dock and heading out to sea. 

But who was in one of the pictures of her before she left? Captain Jack Sparrow!!!!! An impersonator, sure, but man that would have been fun to see in person, just for fun!  My bff and I are both POTC lovers and we were already saying how much we wish we could have been there to tour the ship, but it would have been so much fun to get to see this impersonator and maybe get a picture. 

Ah well!  Thank goodness for fbook at least!