Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1625414 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13050 on: September 10, 2013, 07:06:00 AM »
The back and forth with the weather.  A couple weeks ago it was delightfully fall-ish, highs in the low-mid 70's and cool nights, the leaves started to turn...

And then it went back up to the upper 80's.  I'm hoping that when the temps go back to the 70s at the end of the week, they stay there!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #13051 on: September 10, 2013, 08:39:58 AM »
I completely understand that.  I'm also a pickle freak.  Did you know that Napoleon and Cleopatra also were?

I gather that for most of his life, Napoleon was a martyr to severe stomach trouble.  The above, has me wondering about cause and effect -- did he find that the pickles helped, or did he have the problem because of his over-indulging in them?
I find sipping on dill pickle juice calms my stomach.  Just a few sips usually does the trick.

poundcake

« Reply #13052 on: September 10, 2013, 08:52:33 AM »
A quick swig of pickle juice is my go-to hiccups cure, too.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #13053 on: September 10, 2013, 10:09:54 AM »
The back and forth with the weather.  A couple weeks ago it was delightfully fall-ish, highs in the low-mid 70's and cool nights, the leaves started to turn...

And then it went back up to the upper 80's.  I'm hoping that when the temps go back to the 70s at the end of the week, they stay there!

Ditto.  70s for day, 60s for night is my idea of heavenly weather.

Xandraea

« Reply #13054 on: September 10, 2013, 10:14:57 AM »

Ditto.  70s for day, 60s for night is my idea of heavenly weather.

Me too, Venus, but lately it's been near 100, and in a few months it'll be below zero.  I do love truly having all four seasons (sometimes in one week), but Autumn and Spring are still my favourites. :)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13055 on: September 10, 2013, 10:19:45 AM »

Oh, yes.  The temperature tomorrow  is expected to top out in the 90s.  By Friday, our high temperature will probably be in the low 70s. 

I just wish NY weather would make up its mind. 

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13056 on: September 10, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »
Yet another grammar up-the-wall: drownded. 

The present-tense verb is "drown."  Note the lack of the d on the end.  "If you swim in the river, you might drown."

The past-tense verb is "drowned."  Here there is a d, just like most past-tense verbs.  "He drowned in the river."  Not, not, NOT "He drownded in the river."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13057 on: September 10, 2013, 11:28:57 AM »

Oh, yes.  The temperature tomorrow  is expected to top out in the 90s.  By Friday, our high temperature will probably be in the low 70s. 

I just wish NY weather would make up its mind.
igh
That's how Maryland's weather is expected to be. Today and tomorrow in the 90's, mid 80's on Thursday and then 70's on Friday and through the following week. I can deal with that.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #13058 on: September 10, 2013, 01:46:52 PM »
Right now, this wad of...whatever is lodged in my sinus cavity...is driving me right up a tree.  I've been in the bathroom eleventy thousand times trying to dislodge it.  I hate feeling all stuffed up. 

Also, people who ask me to send a meeting invitation to an external person I have never heard of and fail to provide even the person's last name and/or company.  All I get is a first name and then huffs when I ask them to pretty please expand on this.  I am not clairvoyant.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13059 on: September 10, 2013, 01:52:34 PM »
Allergies.  I will be so happy when the first killing frost hits!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13060 on: September 10, 2013, 07:09:12 PM »
New monitor (yay) has 2' power cord with a giant grounding plug. Not ergonomic.

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #13061 on: September 10, 2013, 07:50:12 PM »
My department moved to a different location, which overall is a really good thing. The downside to it is that I now sit right next to someone who used to be a fair ways away from me. Because of this, I now realize that this person has some seriously annoying habits that I was not previously aware of. He is noisy overall, which I was somewhat aware of (for example, he practically screams when talking on the phone).

What I didn't realize was that he talks to himself all the livelong day. Sometimes it's in a whisper and sometimes in a normal speaking voice. Both are about equally irritating. When he's typing, which he does extensively as part of his job, he reads aloud to himself what he's typing. It never stops.

I'm this close to shouting "For the love of all that is holy, please SHUT UP."
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Betelnut

« Reply #13062 on: September 10, 2013, 08:07:49 PM »
Allergies.  I will be so happy when the first killing frost hits!

And mosquitoes.  I live in Maryland and went outside for a mere 10 minutes.  Got about 5-10 bites.  Come on winter!
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

diesel_darlin

« Reply #13063 on: September 10, 2013, 09:48:12 PM »
Xmas instead of Christmas. I know the reasons behind the abbreviation, but it still bugs me.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13064 on: September 10, 2013, 09:49:34 PM »
^ That gets me too.

I also hate T-giving instead of Thanksgiving.