Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1820211 times)

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13350 on: October 05, 2013, 09:03:14 AM »
Hey, I'm in NE IA, too!  Before I try to derail this thread, I'll start a new thread in the Meet and Greets folder.

And here it is!
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

hjaye

« Reply #13351 on: October 05, 2013, 09:06:04 AM »
I was wandering around the toy section of a store. A woman said to me, "Excuse me, where can I find the dress up cowboy hats for kids ?" I said "Oh, I don't work here. I'm sorry." She said to me very pointedly (like I'd answered a teacher wrong ???), "I know you don't work here, but I saw you wandering around and figured you saw where it was *looks at me like 'Okay, now your turn again. Really, cough up the answer I want'*" I just walked off at that point.

"Well you figured wrong.  Would you like to try more stupid questions for 100?" ........... No it wouldn't be polite, doesn't mean we can't think it.

andi

« Reply #13352 on: October 05, 2013, 10:38:22 AM »
"Did you buy anymore syrup?"

Why no, dear, I did not because guess what? I don't use the syrup and no one informed me that we were out of it, and the way things work is this, oh males of the house.  You want something from the store, you have to COMMUNICATE with the one doing the shopping!!!!

Grrrr!

Amen Sister!!  In our house it's coffee. Now I drink coffee but hubby makes it. If he does not tell me we are low, i don't know to buy more and 5:30am is not the time to find out!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13353 on: October 05, 2013, 10:39:38 AM »

Why no, dear, I did not because guess what? I don't use the syrup and no one informed me that we were out of it, and the way things work is this, oh males of the house.  You want something from the store, you have to COMMUNICATE with the one doing the shopping!!!!

Grrrr!

Amen Sister!!  In our house it's coffee. Now I drink coffee but hubby makes it. If he does not tell me we are low, i don't know to buy more and 5:30am is not the time to find out!

You aren't kidding! DH doesn't drink it or make it so thankfully I'm on top of that one but I agree, 5:30 is not the time to find out one's out of coffee!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mmswm

« Reply #13354 on: October 05, 2013, 10:53:04 AM »

Grrrr!

You aren't kidding! DH doesn't drink it or make it so thankfully I'm on top of that one but I agree, 5:30 is not the time to find out one's out of coffee!

I have the same problem with the males in my house.  "But Mom! We're out of syrup/milk/cheese/whatever! Why didn't you buy any?"  Ummm, because I had no idea we were out?  *sigh*

And I guess I got the coffee drinking genes when we were separated at birth.  I drink enough for both of us.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13355 on: October 05, 2013, 12:01:14 PM »
Stinkbugs...they.are.everywhere!  They are not graceful flyers and I had one decide to take flight in the middle of the night, whacking himself loudly several times against my dining room hanging light with the glass shade.  It got the cats awake, thus waking me up.  I get about 10 out of the house a week now.

Ugh, you too?  They're all over the place.  The cat keeps going nuts and some days I look up and the ceiling makes me think of a very weird Hitchcock movie.  Creepy little things.
I suspected that my infestation was the same stinkbug over and over again, creeping into the house by the same route. (How do they get IN?)  So I started knocking them into a jar with about 1/2 inch of rubbing alcohol in the bottom.  That really cut down on the population, both now and in the future.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13356 on: October 05, 2013, 05:41:14 PM »

Grrrr!

I have the same problem with the males in my house.  "But Mom! We're out of syrup/milk/cheese/whatever! Why didn't you buy any?"  Ummm, because I had no idea we were out?  *sigh*

And I guess I got the coffee drinking genes when we were separated at birth.  I drink enough for both of us.

Oh I drink coffee, believe me.  I like my coffee! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mmswm

« Reply #13357 on: October 05, 2013, 05:43:36 PM »
Ooops.  Sorry, I misread that.  I thought you said that you don't drink coffee.  Teach me to read fast.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #13358 on: October 05, 2013, 11:02:51 PM »
It is not just a male thing..older DD is great for not telling me we are out of something.  I just love coming home from grocery shopping (usually over $150) and cue her whining "You didn't buy x!  We are out of X, and I wanted to have some tonight/tomorrow".  Did you tell me?  No.  Did you write it down?  No..I just figured you would know.  I am heartened by the thought that she thinks I have some special power, but I am just a mere human and if you use something up and don't tell me, nope, can't sense it and race to the closest store. >:( >:( >:(

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13359 on: October 06, 2013, 11:39:10 AM »

Grrrr!

this is why coffee is one of the few things I always have a "stash" of. I'm so busy its better for me to have 6 cans in the pantry, than get down to the last one, and not have time to go get any for several days.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13360 on: October 06, 2013, 11:39:49 AM »
For all of you with stink bug issues, this was in my local paper the other day. Looks easy enough too!

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-*******/index.ssf/2013/10/got_stink_bugs_nj_inventors_re.html#incart_river

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13361 on: October 06, 2013, 11:48:48 AM »
For all of you with stink bug issues, this was in my local paper the other day. Looks easy enough too!

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-*******/index.ssf/2013/10/got_stink_bugs_nj_inventors_re.html#incart_river

What goes in the ****area?

Please and thank you.

mmswm

« Reply #13362 on: October 06, 2013, 11:50:22 AM »

Grrrr!

this is why coffee is one of the few things I always have a "stash" of. I'm so busy its better for me to have 6 cans in the pantry, than get down to the last one, and not have time to go get any for several days.

If you guys remember, I live with my parents right now.  Between me, my parents, and my 14 year old, we go through 8-10 pots of American coffee every day, plus a couple 4 serving pots of Cuban Coffee (Cafe Colada).  To say we are coffee addicts is an understatement. Just for fun I looked at the coffee stash.  I have 22 pounds of regular coffee grounds in the freezer and 2 pounds of what I use for the Cuban coffee.  Now, I did just go shopping, so that's the month's supply.

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #13363 on: October 06, 2013, 11:52:45 AM »

Grrrr!

After weeks/months/almost a year of Husband getting peeved about these things, I implemented a new system, installing a dry-erase board on the door of the pantry.
I check this list before I go to get the groceries and if it's not on the list, it doesn't get purchased.
Took him all of two weeks to adapt to this new system, especially when 'essentials' like peanut butter and mayonnaise were omitted from the list... because I don't eat them!
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

audhs

« Reply #13364 on: October 06, 2013, 12:07:07 PM »
I got a grocery list app for my phone that can be shared between multiple devices, that way both my dh and I can add to the list when we're thinking about it, and if one of us happens to go to the store to pick something up we can check it and pick up what ever else needs getting.

Now my dh is still getting used to it, but I have high hopes. ;)