Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1782698 times)

Dazi

• like the flower
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13365 on: October 06, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »
My DH and I are out shopping.  I gave you the cart and asked him to checkout while I went to the restroom.  I figured he'd be done and in the car by the time I went to the back if the store.

I get out  to the car and he is no where to found.  He was Still sitting there waiting for me in the store and still  hasn't checked out.   ::)
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

squeakers

« Reply #13366 on: October 06, 2013, 01:27:55 PM »
For all of you with stink bug issues, this was in my local paper the other day. Looks easy enough too!

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-*******/index.ssf/2013/10/got_stink_bugs_nj_inventors_re.html#incart_river

What goes in the ****area?

Please and thank you.

d-e-m-o c-r-a-t as one word
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13367 on: October 06, 2013, 03:48:55 PM »
"Did you buy anymore syrup?"

Why no, dear, I did not because guess what? I don't use the syrup and no one informed me that we were out of it, and the way things work is this, oh males of the house.  You want something from the store, you have to COMMUNICATE with the one doing the shopping!!!!

Grrrr!

After weeks/months/almost a year of Husband getting peeved about these things, I implemented a new system, installing a dry-erase board on the door of the pantry.
I check this list before I go to get the groceries and if it's not on the list, it doesn't get purchased.
Took him all of two weeks to adapt to this new system, especially when 'essentials' like peanut butter and mayonnaise were omitted from the list... because I don't eat them!

Oh we have a wipe off board but things still don't get written down unless it's me writing them down.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13368 on: October 06, 2013, 05:22:21 PM »
Trying to pack for a trip within a trip, and figure out what I'm wearing for the next week. I'm going to my mom's in VA next sat, then the following tuesday, we leave for Wisconsin. Driving. so I need clothes for down there for several days, comfy clothes to wear IN the car etc., and clothes to wear while there. Then more clothes for the drive home, and so on. So very annoying. And the fact the temp can vary from place to place, day to day, just makes it worse!

Fortunately, I can do laundry at mom's before and after, so that helps.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13369 on: October 06, 2013, 07:27:00 PM »
For all of you with stink bug issues, this was in my local paper the other day. Looks easy enough too!

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-*******/index.ssf/2013/10/got_stink_bugs_nj_inventors_re.html#incart_river

Please and thank you.

If a URL contains one of the forbidden words, it would be worth going to tinyurl.com and entering it there for a substitute URL. http://tinyurl.com/ozbhk7n
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 07:32:58 PM by Elfmama »
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #13370 on: October 06, 2013, 08:48:37 PM »
People who randomly add me to Facebook groups. Specially when said group is for a weightloss MLM.

I absent mindedly forgot to check "do not add me again to this group" box so the group owner added me again, 2 days later.

MizA

• Every day is the best day ever.
« Reply #13371 on: October 07, 2013, 06:47:30 AM »
When I go for my nap break whilst on night shift and Just. Cannot. Sleep.

Like, say, right now :/
)'( The world would rather hug you than hurt you )'(

o_gal

« Reply #13372 on: October 07, 2013, 08:50:40 AM »
People who bring dogs to an outdoor festival.

Wait, no scratch that - it's people who bring their agressive dogs to an outdoor festival.

No, that's not quite it - it's people who bring their child-agressive dogs to an outdoor activities festival that has a large component of it geared towards kids, with a kids activity area to do things like kayaking, mountain biking, rock wall climbing, zipline, etc.

No, that's still not it - it's people who bring their child-agressive dogs to an outdoor activities festival that has a large component of it geared towards kids, or who bring their dog-agressive dogs to an outdoor activities featival that has a large component of it geared towards dogs, with a chain of islands in the lagoon turned into "doggie island", competitions for dogs, and lots of vendors selling dog-related merchadise. Where there are, as you guessed correctly, tons of other dogs.

Yeah, that's it.  ::)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13373 on: October 07, 2013, 10:06:31 AM »

Please and thank you.

If a URL contains one of the forbidden words, it would be worth going to tinyurl.com and entering it there for a substitute URL. http://tinyurl.com/ozbhk7n

Oops, my bad. I didn't realize that particular word was one that would get stuck in the filters.

kymom3

« Reply #13374 on: October 07, 2013, 10:25:52 AM »
And my addition to o_gal:  people who bring their dogs to an outdoor festival and make absolutely no plans for the dogs to have water or some quiet time in a shady spot, etc.  Some festivals provide lots of water stations for dogs, and that is wonderful, but some don't, and I see too many dogs  who look like they are about to collapse from the heat, and have a clueless, ignorant owner on the other end of the leash.   >:(

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13375 on: October 07, 2013, 11:42:12 AM »
Television broadcasts with ridiculous warnings. 

The show is 'A Clockwork Orange'.  It's being shown fairly late on a Saturday evening.  Before the show, there's a warning that the program contains 'violence and explicit sexual content.  Viewers are advised'. 

It's 'A Clockwork Orange'.  It isn't the annoying orange.  Anyone with half a brain could figure out that this movie would be disturbing. 

There's a show on the History Channel about the rise of Hitler.  There's a warning that the film contains 'Images that may be disturbing'.  Again, that sort of thing is to be expected given the subject. 

Kaypeep

« Reply #13376 on: October 07, 2013, 12:01:43 PM »
Television broadcasts with ridiculous warnings. 

The show is 'A Clockwork Orange'.  It's being shown fairly late on a Saturday evening.  Before the show, there's a warning that the program contains 'violence and explicit sexual content.  Viewers are advised'. 

It's 'A Clockwork Orange'.  It isn't the annoying orange.  Anyone with half a brain could figure out that this movie would be disturbing. 

There's a show on the History Channel about the rise of Hitler.  There's a warning that the film contains 'Images that may be disturbing'.  Again, that sort of thing is to be expected given the subject.

With all due respect, there are entirely new generations of people watching TV who do not have any idea what A Clockwork Orange is about, or understand anything about Hilter or the Holocaust.  Heck, I took out my teenage niece out on Friday and she had no idea who Bill Murray was and I'm pretty sure she's also unaware of the atrocities of WWII.

I'm 42 and have never see A Clockwork Orange and still have no idea what it's about.  I probably never will as I've seen 2 Kubrick films and was bored to tears during both.

veronaz

« Reply #13377 on: October 07, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure she's also unaware of the atrocities of WWII.

Don't kids learn about this in high school (or even before)?

Hillia

« Reply #13378 on: October 07, 2013, 12:17:50 PM »

I'm 42 and have never see A Clockwork Orange and still have no idea what it's about.  I probably never will as I've seen 2 Kubrick films and was bored to tears during both.

Trust me, you wouldn't be bored.  Horrified, disgusted, traumatized perhaps, but not bored.  It's got serious, disturbing violence, including (trigger warning) sexual assault.

That said, I liked the movie, even though I found it difficult to watch.  I had read the book so was somewhat prepared for what would be in it.  I'm a little surprised they were able to edit it enough to make it acceptable for TV.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

nuit93

« Reply #13379 on: October 07, 2013, 12:28:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure she's also unaware of the atrocities of WWII.

Don't kids learn about this in high school (or even before)?

I was wondering about that too!  I learned about the Holocaust in 7th grade (I might have heard of it sooner, actually, but I was a voracious reader), same year that Schindler's List came out in theatres.