A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

What little things drive you completely up the wall....?

<< < (2687/5258) > >>

The TARDIS:
This monstrous head and chest cold that refuses to bugger off!

I know exactly where I caught it and it was from someone who should not have been at the hospital to visit a patient! I will know who to blame if I see a wave of bad colds once I'm recovered and return to work.

Meanwhile, I'll use the vacuum cleaner on my sinuses...

Piratelvr1121:
People who swipe the coupons out of the Sunday paper, leaving the paper behind in the store. This usually seems to happen when the papers are in a location where the employees can't really watch them.

Course funny thing is, on my way out a woman offered me a bag of coupons she has no use for!

Dazi:

--- Quote from: Elisabunny on October 27, 2013, 07:04:56 PM ---Didn't someone here once cite a study that men come in only 5 or 6 basic body types, while women come in about ten times that number?

I, too, have a waist-hip ratio that is not approved of by the fashion industry.  I have two pairs of curvy-fit slacks I bought from L.L. Bean.  They sit in my closet for when I really, really need to be wearing trousers.  Except for those rare times, I wear skirts.

--- End quote ---

Ugh.  I have trouble with waist gap, but skirts don't work so well either.  I've been gifted with abundant booty so skirts are several inches shorter in the back than the front...and by several inches, I mean at least 6.  It looks just ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on skinny leg jeans.  I have thighs and they are not small.  ***If I could manage to get into a pair of skinny leg jeans big enough to accommodate my thighs, butt, and hips, I would have at least 10 inches of excess material jutting out at the small of my back plus some around the front (or as my DH put it when I showed him this hilarity "Wow, my whole head could fit in that gap!".  ::)

andi:

--- Quote from: Venus193 on October 27, 2013, 06:19:53 PM ---The way fitted sheets are being made today, not to mention that none are being made any more for mattresses that are not extra deep.

Just tried to put new sheets on my bed and the elastic goes all around the sheet edge; you can't tell where the corners are anymore.  It's also almost impossible to shove the excess fabric between the mattress and box spring and have it stay put.  It would almost be better to make all sheets flat and do hospital corners.

--- End quote ---

Try Ikea - Ive sent a few people over there since our sheet depth starts around 16-18 inches.

nuit93:

--- Quote from: Dazi on October 27, 2013, 07:45:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: Elisabunny on October 27, 2013, 07:04:56 PM ---Didn't someone here once cite a study that men come in only 5 or 6 basic body types, while women come in about ten times that number?

I, too, have a waist-hip ratio that is not approved of by the fashion industry.  I have two pairs of curvy-fit slacks I bought from L.L. Bean.  They sit in my closet for when I really, really need to be wearing trousers.  Except for those rare times, I wear skirts.

--- End quote ---

Ugh.  I have trouble with waist gap, but skirts don't work so well either.  I've been gifted with abundant booty so skirts are several inches shorter in the back than the front...and by several inches, I mean at least 6.  It looks just ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on skinny leg jeans.  I have thighs and they are not small.  ***If I could manage to get into a pair of skinny leg jeans big enough to accommodate my thighs, butt, and hips, I would have at least 10 inches of excess material jutting out at the small of my back plus some around the front (or as my DH put it when I showed him this hilarity "Wow, my whole head could fit in that gap!".  ::)

--- End quote ---

I have the curviness too, since Lane Bryant discontinued the one brand of jeans that fit me I've had a nightmare of a time finding a new source.

There's got to be a way to get rid of the gap in the back of my jeans.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version