Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1649553 times)

laud_shy_girl

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13440 on: October 13, 2013, 04:29:30 PM »
trying to arange anything.

I've tried organizing outings (dinner or just drinks or even me making food at mine) and every time I get loads of complaints that the date, time, place etc is not convenient.

Fine, I get people are busy. So last time I sent out a message to every one. This is the message I sent.

Hi, I thought it might be nice to arange a ladies night. Even if it's just beer and a burger at local. If you fancy it, want to try and hash out a date and place between us all and arange something.

I was really jealous of the cocktails I saw at bar xyz the other day so I wouldn't mind going there.

Come on ladies lets have some fun.

This message was well received. Once arranged (with me saying little more than, i am happy as long as i can have a nice evening with you lot) it gets enraging.

The people who had said "yay lets do this Friday and of course lets go to XYZ" start moaning and saying "well can't we go here or here because its better" or "Friday is going to be hard time wise" or "i know i said i would come and thats why this day was picked but i am just popping in for one"
I am fine with that, but then it's all "ohh but it's your thing. go where you want/do what you want" and it inevitably gets canceled.

so I quit! Shy is officially quitting the socializing thing because i seem to be the only one why tries to organize anything.

“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13441 on: October 13, 2013, 10:13:36 PM »
About 17 years ago I had jaw surgery because due to a deviated septum since I was four, I was a mouth breather and so things just didn't form right.

Anyway, the surgeon warned me that some nerves may be permanently damaged or "bruised" during the surgery and as a result my lower lip does tingle a bit from time to time and to be honest, that's not what bothers me.  What does annoy me is that it makes sipping drinks a little, um, sloppy at times.  Especially when drinking from containers with small mouths, such as travel coffee mugs or takeout coffee cups, or pop cans. 

I always end up dribbling a little bit on myself and it's so annoying!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13442 on: October 14, 2013, 06:51:29 AM »
Women's Halloween costumes...

#1 99% of what I've seen available are "naughty" costumes.  I do not want to dress up like a "Naughty" cop, nun, fairy, cat, pirate woman, Little Red Riding Hood, or any other Disney princess with a skirt short enough to flash my private parts.

#2  Even if I would wear any of the above, they are all labeled "one size fits most", but should be labeled "fits up to a size 2"

#3  Men's costumes might work, but they are much too long and mostly have mask (mask are a big no no for me).
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13443 on: October 14, 2013, 07:00:07 AM »
Reminds me of something I saw on Pinterest, a picture of a non-too-pleased Emma Watson with a naughty version of Hermione Granger's Hogwarts uniform and a caption to the tune of "This is NOT the character I played."

Our church did a costume exchange this year, something I helped organize because both I and another mother of 3 boys were getting tired of spending way too much money on costumes for kids that either didn't last or was only worn once.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #13444 on: October 14, 2013, 07:13:41 AM »
There's a whole tumblr dedicated to sexist Halloween costumes - and they're enough to make your eyebrows go on permanent vacation near your hairline.
This is why I prefer to cosplay rather than costume for Halloween (not that it gets much traction here in Australia, but what can you do). It's easier to match a costume from a favourite character of a TV show (plaid, good jeans, heavy boots and a band t-shirt = hello Mr/Ms Sam Winchester) than to try and find a 'costume' designed for a) a woman above 120lbs and b) consisting of more than three scraps of fabric and some fishnets.
Honestly.
It's Halloween, which is at the end of OCTOBER. I'm pretty sure a lot of the U.S. is getting fairly chilly by that time of year...
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #13445 on: October 14, 2013, 07:18:33 AM »
I've been making my own Halloween costumes for years, partly for these reasons.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13446 on: October 14, 2013, 07:23:01 AM »
As soon as I hit my weight goal, I am getting a grecian gown and circlet for dress up occasions.

I have a Maleficent costume (complete with horns) and a staff with a raven on top.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13447 on: October 14, 2013, 07:30:56 AM »
I've decided to be a witch on Halloween from here on out.  I'll add various accessories from one year to the next, but with a good cape and hat, a lot can be done. :)

mmswm

« Reply #13448 on: October 14, 2013, 09:43:40 AM »
I've decided to be a witch on Halloween from here on out.  I'll add various accessories from one year to the next, but with a good cape and hat, a lot can be done. :)

And it continues...  ;)

About 5 years ago I made a good, solid cloak (full, floor length, hand trimmed with black lace over green trim) and purchased a good quality hat.  Every year I wear those over various dress/stocking combinations and add whatever accessories I feel like. 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13449 on: October 14, 2013, 09:55:46 AM »
About fifteen years ago at a Ren Faire I bought a really good quality wool cloak with a hood. It was the best investment I ever made.  The thing works with any historical costume from the Late Roman Empire to the 19th century. 

Add a broomstick skirt, a wig and you're one of 'The Wizarding Folk'.  The best costumes are almost always home-made. 

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #13450 on: October 14, 2013, 09:57:45 AM »
I found, on Amazon a pink felt poodle skirt, a few years ago, in my size (woman's 26/28). It has an elastic waist, stretches well, and is adorable. I can wear any white blouse or black blouse with it, put my hair in a ponytail and wear black shoes and white socks and I'm dressed up for Halloween. Best investment I've made in a long time in a costume.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13451 on: October 14, 2013, 10:21:12 AM »
I lucked into the Maleficent costume at a Disney Outlet. The thing is cosplay quality, and can be washed. Only drawback is the costume looks strange if I wear my glasses because of how the hood fits. It is about 12 lbs of velvet and satin.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #13452 on: October 14, 2013, 10:53:27 AM »
I splurged on a pair of $30 rams' horns for my costume this year, the rest is a black t-shirt and broomstick skirt, and the nice plaid corset Simkin got me at the Renn Faire this summer.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #13453 on: October 14, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »
I think the Halloween costume subject deserves its own thread, so I will start one if someone else hasn't already.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13454 on: October 14, 2013, 12:08:51 PM »

And it continues...  ;)

About 5 years ago I made a good, solid cloak (full, floor length, hand trimmed with black lace over green trim) and purchased a good quality hat.  Every year I wear those over various dress/stocking combinations and add whatever accessories I feel like.

This is getting scary. ;)