Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1570192 times)

nuit93

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13545 on: October 25, 2013, 12:05:25 PM »
Thanks Julian - there is a Rivers outlet store in the regional city for the area, so may have a look there! 

It's mildly weird - I never have enough jeans, but at last count it was something like 14 pairs "in use" to various degrees, and about another 12 pairs in the wardrobe in the shed as "back-ups".  Thing is, each pair fits sightly differently, and I'm uber-sensitive to that.  Change in the weather?  X, Y and Z pairs are more comfortable.  Weather changes back - then the others come in to play.  Plus, different jeans for different purposes.  Categories include farm jeans, town jeans, going out jeans, hiking jeans, motorbike jeans and hot-day jeans!

I mean this in the nicest possible way and intend no offense, but wow. I think I have about 3 pairs of jeans that don't have holes all over them and I can wear. I have another few pairs that I keep around for buttons or because I can't stand to throw that much denim away, even if I don't have a machine strong enough to do anything with it. I'd donate them, but with holes in the crotch, I don't think anywhere will actually do much more than throw them away.

I guess it's just me, even with two dressers, I don't have much room for pants. Most of my dressers are shirts, socks, undies, and pajama pants. And random extra storage drawers. But I've never had more than about four or five pairs of jeans at a time, that just seems excessive to me.

Then again, I wear my jeans for a long time before washing, usually. So by the time I wash one, even with weekly laundry, I have another two pairs I can wear as backup. And if the weather changes, I can pick which one will work for that day.

Have you tried www.denimtherapy.com?  You send your jeans off to them and they repair them.  I'm thinking of trying it for some jeans that have worn out in the inner thigh.

cwm

« Reply #13546 on: October 25, 2013, 12:08:40 PM »
Thanks Julian - there is a Rivers outlet store in the regional city for the area, so may have a look there! 

It's mildly weird - I never have enough jeans, but at last count it was something like 14 pairs "in use" to various degrees, and about another 12 pairs in the wardrobe in the shed as "back-ups".  Thing is, each pair fits sightly differently, and I'm uber-sensitive to that.  Change in the weather?  X, Y and Z pairs are more comfortable.  Weather changes back - then the others come in to play.  Plus, different jeans for different purposes.  Categories include farm jeans, town jeans, going out jeans, hiking jeans, motorbike jeans and hot-day jeans!

I mean this in the nicest possible way and intend no offense, but wow. I think I have about 3 pairs of jeans that don't have holes all over them and I can wear. I have another few pairs that I keep around for buttons or because I can't stand to throw that much denim away, even if I don't have a machine strong enough to do anything with it. I'd donate them, but with holes in the crotch, I don't think anywhere will actually do much more than throw them away.

I guess it's just me, even with two dressers, I don't have much room for pants. Most of my dressers are shirts, socks, undies, and pajama pants. And random extra storage drawers. But I've never had more than about four or five pairs of jeans at a time, that just seems excessive to me.

Then again, I wear my jeans for a long time before washing, usually. So by the time I wash one, even with weekly laundry, I have another two pairs I can wear as backup. And if the weather changes, I can pick which one will work for that day.

Have you tried www.denimtherapy.com?  You send your jeans off to them and they repair them.  I'm thinking of trying it for some jeans that have worn out in the inner thigh.

:o  ;D  I'll save my jeans, and when I have enough money to send them off, I'm definitely getting them fixed. I figure if I spent $20 on them and they lasted 5 years, it's worth it to get the thigh holes fixed and they'll last another 5 or so years, right?

That looks amazing, thanks so much for the link!

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #13547 on: October 25, 2013, 01:42:11 PM »

Our dog was allowed to nose the windows and car windows and floors, etc., as that is pretty much natural instinct, and I cleaned it up. She was being a dog. No problem. She also knew that once I put on my perfume when getting dressed, she wasn't allowed to nose me. It just took a couple of times of gently pushing her away and saying, "No." She figured out the perfume thing as a signal on her own. Good, smart Doggie!

Yes, keeping a dog away from me unless invited is basic etiquette. Thank you for saying that.

Sigh, I wish I had a smart dog sometimes, who could figure things out like this.  I love my Smokey to death, but he's not bright.  At all.  DH works at a production facility, so he can't go out on the floor with dog hair all over him.  He's been doing the same thing you describe, pushing Smokey away and saying "No", for six years now.  Smokes still hasn't figured it out. 

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13548 on: October 25, 2013, 10:46:32 PM »
That Barnes and Noble makes "personal recommendations" that are merely their newest books or ones that they're trying to get rid of.  They have nothing whatsoever to do with the kind of books I usually buy or authors that I follow.  But the most annoying is that there does not appear to be any way to really personalize it, by saying 'not interested' or 'I already own it' or anything else.

Also that my Nook wish list is viewable only by me.  What's the point, then?   *I* know that I want these things!  But Mom or DH or Sister can't go to my wish list for gift-giving occasions and choose something that I really want.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #13549 on: October 25, 2013, 11:01:19 PM »
The high school up the road is driving me batty tonight. Since they're fairly close, we can generally hear when they have a sports game or event going on, but tonight they seem to have cranked up the volume on their loudspeakers even higher than usual. I'm TRYING to translate, and their pounding music, announcer who can't seem to handle a microphone without making those "puffy" breath sounds into it every five seconds, and screaming attendees have made it downright impossible to get anything done for the past two hours!

And now that they've FINALLY stopped, I still can't do anything, because the noise has given me an incredible headache.

I feel old and cranky today. *grump*
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

Redsoil

« Reply #13550 on: October 26, 2013, 03:36:49 AM »
No offence taken, CWM.  I tend to be somewhat "excessive" if I like something!  I have a habit of buying multiples if possible, because I hate going back later to find they don't make it anymore.

Hence, lots o' jeans, each with their own purpose.  I do this with shirts, jumpers, polo shirts etc. as well!  Oh, and riding boots.  :)
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13551 on: October 26, 2013, 06:50:53 AM »
No offence taken, CWM.  I tend to be somewhat "excessive" if I like something!  I have a habit of buying multiples if possible, because I hate going back later to find they don't make it anymore.

Hence, lots o' jeans, each with their own purpose.  I do this with shirts, jumpers, polo shirts etc. as well!  Oh, and riding boots.  :)

I do that with jeans, shoes and bras...I might get every color there is in that particular size/style because I assure you, I'll never find it again.  :P
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Carotte

« Reply #13552 on: October 26, 2013, 06:58:23 AM »

I do that with jeans, shoes and bras...I might get every color there is in that particular size/style because I assure you, I'll never find it again.  :P

There's a few items I wish I had done the same. Very basic stuff that was changed a bit and are not the same.
The only time I ordered a double for a shirt I really loved it turned out I didn't need it and it has been sitting in my closet ever since, never worn.

hum, now that I think of it, I stopped wearing it because it's a crew neck and I loath them now, since I have it in double I can try to alter at least one of them...

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13553 on: October 26, 2013, 11:35:14 AM »
Every morning I get a nasty cramp in my right calf about half an hour before I want to wake up. It's the kind of cramp that requires getting out of bed and marching around to get rid of.  Then, I can't go back to sleep.

Oddly enough, it never happens when I'm away from home. 

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #13554 on: October 26, 2013, 12:17:15 PM »
Every morning I get a nasty cramp in my right calf about half an hour before I want to wake up. It's the kind of cramp that requires getting out of bed and marching around to get rid of.  Then, I can't go back to sleep.

Oddly enough, it never happens when I'm away from home.
Do you have a draft near the bed? I tend to get cramps during fan weather, and have concluded they come from the air on my legs.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13555 on: October 26, 2013, 12:42:05 PM »
I wrote this on Facebook- I hate it when dog owners let their dog come right up to you and let it sniif/touch you before they half heartadly pull it away. And give me the evil eye for thinking that they shouldn't let their dog cone near me. OK I admit it, not really a dog person. But letting your slobbering flea ridden pet touch me isn't going to get me to change my mind.

I like to think that dog owners are aware of how awful the dog's nose is after cleaning up the snout prints on the patio door, but I guess some don't.

I like dogs when I'm ready to pet and play, but not having one anymore, I don't want that on my clean clothes!

I take offense to the implication that every dog is a "slobbering flea ridden pet". Some dogs slobber or have fleas, sure. Many dogs are very obedient and bathed regularly and are perfectly safe, friendly animals. SOME animal-owners don't care to train their pets or keep them clean. Many love their dogs like family and are very attentive to their health and grooming. I do agree no animal should be allowed near another person (or another animal, for that matter), without permission from the other, but that is basic etiquette for all, not only animals.  Also, wet noses will leave marks on windows. That doesn't make the nose awful.
i wasn't implying that all pets have fleas or slobber. but i *was* talking about those animals who *do* come near me. And I don't think tht wet noses are "awful". but I don't want that wet nose anywhere near me.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Snooks

« Reply #13556 on: October 26, 2013, 06:36:55 PM »
Ladies, would you like to form a mob with me and take down my (not-so) DH?

This morning I was complaining that I'd found a hole in my bra, he told me I need to buy a new bra.  I pointed out that I had tried but they'd discontinued the style and even the replacement style that was twice the price of the bras I really liked and was lauded as the store's next great thing had been discontinued.  His response was that I was making it far too difficult and all I had to do was go into the shop and get a bra in my size.  I explained they make bras in different styles and materials, he said I should just ask what they'd replaced the style I liked with, again I pointed out it wasn't that easy because by the very nature of replacing a style they make changes which can change how the bra sits.  He replied I was making it too complicated.  I'm thinking of strangling him with my (holey) bra.

Tea Drinker

« Reply #13557 on: October 26, 2013, 06:45:47 PM »

This morning I was complaining that I'd found a hole in my bra, he told me I need to buy a new bra.  I pointed out that I had tried but they'd discontinued the style and even the replacement style that was twice the price of the bras I really liked and was lauded as the store's next great thing had been discontinued.  His response was that I was making it far too difficult and all I had to do was go into the shop and get a bra in my size.  I explained they make bras in different styles and materials, he said I should just ask what they'd replaced the style I liked with, again I pointed out it wasn't that easy because by the very nature of replacing a style they make changes which can change how the bra sits.  He replied I was making it too complicated.  I'm thinking of strangling him with my (holey) bra.

I'd tell him if it's that easy, he can do it. He can go to the store, ask them what replaces the Thus-and-Such Bra in your size, and bring it home for you to try on. If it doesn't work, he returns it and tries again, as often as necessary. If they say "it could be any of these three," his job is to buy all three, and return any that you don't like. I doubt he'll go for that, but it might make the point that it isn't that easy.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

andi

« Reply #13558 on: October 26, 2013, 07:39:52 PM »
POD

Same thing always happens to the jeans I like. Last time I went Jean shopping I tried on 23 pairs and bought 2. Hubby could not understand whyni was gone for 3 hours.

Carotte

« Reply #13559 on: October 26, 2013, 07:46:17 PM »

I'd tell him if it's that easy, he can do it. He can go to the store, ask them what replaces the Thus-and-Such Bra in your size, and bring it home for you to try on. If it doesn't work, he returns it and tries again, as often as necessary. If they say "it could be any of these three," his job is to buy all three, and return any that you don't like. I doubt he'll go for that, but it might make the point that it isn't that easy.

He'd probably reply that he doesn't see any difference in her DW wearing model A or B. And that could be as much because he honestly doesn't see one or because he doesn't care or doesn't see the difference as a problem.

I don't know what we where watching but I made the remark to my SO that the actress should have a bigger cup size, her bosom is not supposed to spill out, and did men actually found that 'interesting'? He said he never put too much tough in it, would pin it more as a fashion statement than a design/size flaw.
(For this example it was a fashion statement, maybe it's supposed to make you think that she has such a large chest it cannot be contained by normal bras?)