Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1690542 times)

BeagleMommy

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13620 on: October 30, 2013, 04:11:08 PM »
DH.

He's not even doing anything specific...he's just THERE.  I can't explain it but everything he's doing since Monday has been on my very last nerve.  He's THERE.

I love him to pieces, but I think we've been together too much over the past month.  We had two overnight trips and two weekends running errands together.  Maybe I need to go to a movie by myself and get a small break.

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #13621 on: October 30, 2013, 04:35:12 PM »
My husband too, BeagleMommy! He e-mailed this morning asking if I wanted to go to a housewarming party for his coworker. It's a BYOB and they requested people bring sides or snacks.

Me: Ok. I'll plan on making some kind of cold dip that won't need heating--xx dip, xy dip, yy, dip, etc. (I named 8-9 different things.) I'm going to the store this afternoon and don't want to go again this week, so please pick something so I can get ingredients for it.
DH, hours later: I'll ask him if they'll have electricity for a crock pot.
Me: No, I said I would make a cold dip. (I forwarded him the e-mail I sent with the list. It's now 10 minutes before I usually leave work.)
DH: Hm. Apart from (two dips I didn't suggest), I can't really think of any cold dips. I'll have to do some thinking.
Me: I sent you a list of dips! (then I copied and pasted the list from the previous e-mail.)
DH, 5 minutes after I usually leave work: Hm. I didn't see those. What would xx dip be like? (So now I have to search the recipe on Pinterest to see. Headdesk)

BarensMom

« Reply #13622 on: October 30, 2013, 05:59:46 PM »
Okay, I get that the management of bars, restaurants, tire stores, etc., think that having a TV (or multiple TV's) can be good for business.  However, many of these places can get noisy and the sound is often drowned out.  Therefore, why doesn't management set the TV's to closed captioning so those who do want to watch can understand what is happening on screen?  Drives me bonkers every time.

Snooks

« Reply #13623 on: October 30, 2013, 06:02:21 PM »
Sounds like when mine goes to the store, I swear he every time he goes I get at least one phone call during the trip.  What makes it worse is he normally only goes when I can't go, so he's interrupting me doing whatever prevented me from going to the store in the first place!

BarensMom - the blood center has closed captioning on their TVs, unfortunately whenever I'm there they're showing the quiz show that DH and I tape to watch later (judge me all you like :)) so I look like I'm scared of needles because I'm desperately trying to avert my gaze from the TV.

Sheila Take a Bow

• Formerly arija but I felt like a name change.
« Reply #13624 on: October 30, 2013, 06:07:41 PM »
Sounds like when mine goes to the store, I swear he every time he goes I get at least one phone call during the trip.  What makes it worse is he normally only goes when I can't go, so he's interrupting me doing whatever prevented me from going to the store in the first place!

I always send my husband with a picture.  I Google the product I'm looking for and then text the picture to my husband.

The only time this was a problem was when a company updated the label of their product.  Despite the fact that the words were all the same, the pictures weren't identical so I still got a call because he wasn't sure.

Snooks

« Reply #13625 on: October 30, 2013, 06:16:11 PM »

I always send my husband with a picture.  I Google the product I'm looking for and then text the picture to my husband.

The only time this was a problem was when a company updated the label of their product.  Despite the fact that the words were all the same, the pictures weren't identical so I still got a call because he wasn't sure.

The last time the question was "Should I buy this giant tub of candy?" which was in addition to the two giant tubs he'd bought earlier in the week.  I only wanted one the first time round, I certainly don't want three in the house.  They're for Christmas and there's only two of us.  While I have no doubt we could get through them I don't think we should.

The stupid thing is he writes the list when he goes so how am I supposed to answer questions on it?!

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #13626 on: October 30, 2013, 06:52:21 PM »
I have a number of FB friends who comment on their various physical activities - super-long (to me) bike rides, climbing, running, all sorts of things.  They're great, I love seeing the pics they post, and it's kind of inspiring because as far as I can tell, there's absolutely nothing competitive about the posts at all.

The one who gets on my nerves is the one who posts her run time/distance and then comments about how sloooooooow she was today.  Her tortoise-like pace is what I can barely manage on a good day.  That's just obnoxious, but she only does it rarely so I just ignore.

I have a couple of SuperMom FB friends too, I find I just skip over their posts because otherwise it would drive me up the wall, since they mainly consist of "I should have my head examined! I just spent all day doing A, B, C, D, E, F, and G for my kids, isn't that crazy???"

"Yes, yes it is.  Maybe you should stop doing that."

I can't tell you how reassuring it was to read that. I've been feeling a little snarky toward posts like that (just in my head) and assuming I am just a big crankypants hater. LOL, at least if i am I'm not alone, i guess?  ;)

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

lilfox

« Reply #13627 on: October 30, 2013, 06:55:54 PM »
I've now received 6 calls from the same number over the past week, and no message has ever been left.  That number has called my personal cell and my work cell, and I cannot find any (free) information using reverse lookup, other than it is a landline in a small city in a state where I don't know anyone.

So, clearly it's a solicitor/telemarketer, although usually reverse lookup has at least that info.  But what is particularly galling is that somehow the caller has two cell numbers of mine that I never give out together, so how does the caller have them both?   >:(

@hobish - nope, definitely not alone.  Isn't there a word for that sort of thing too, like complain-bragging?  Brag-plaining?

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #13628 on: October 30, 2013, 07:09:12 PM »

Ahh! lilfox, I think you're right. I can't think of the word, though.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13629 on: October 31, 2013, 09:25:37 AM »
Piratebabe's recent clinginess and the phrase "Mama's Boy".  Yes, I'm a SAHM so he does see me more than anyone else and thus is closer to me than anyone else.  But that phrase just really bugs me.   He's not always like this and I'm sure it's just a phase, really. 

Such as in the past when I've gone to run errands and DH is home, he's given me a wave and said "Bye bye!" but now it's big tears, a major meltdown and then more tears and clinging when I return to the house, even if I was only gone for 5 minutes to get something from the van.   

Heck the other night I was home all evening and he planted himself in my lap and if I needed to get up to use the bathroom, or to go to the basement to use DH's computer (my laptop being used for netflix viewing) it started a melt down. 

I love the kid, but sheesh, I would love if he'd be satisfied with his brothers and daddy for just a moment to allow me to use the lavatory without him acting like his world's going to end!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mmswm

« Reply #13630 on: October 31, 2013, 09:30:51 AM »
All my boys went through a phase like that when they were around 2 years old.  Now that they're older, I only have one real mama's boy.  They're all pretty independent, but the youngest really does fit the description. 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13631 on: October 31, 2013, 10:27:09 AM »
Yeah my other two went through a phase like that too, at that age and outgrew it, and while they are more independent now, the middle one still is closer to me than DH. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Hillia

« Reply #13632 on: October 31, 2013, 10:39:04 AM »
Ah, DH.  He loves him some online gaming.  That's fine.  I don't game, never have, don't have the interest or the aptitude except for a little WoW before I got bored with it.  But he and his friends buy the same games and play them together, either co-op or individually but narrating to each other constantly.  They are all in different cities but through the magic of the Internet and headphones, they can (and do) spend hours doing this.

But if you're going to spend 30-40 hours a week gaming, please don't come out and narrate a 30 minute session to me click by click.  While I'm impressed by your ability to recount every swing, hit, duck, miss, respawn, weapon change, and so on, frankly...I don't give one tiny furry rat's behind.  I will do my best to pay attention, but this is mind-blowingly boring to me, so please don't ask me to listen more than a minute or two, and get grumpy that I'm not interested in you if I lose focus after the first five minutes of the story.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13633 on: October 31, 2013, 01:47:11 PM »
Rocky Horror Picture Show is on tonight at a local theater and I've got no one to go with! I've seen the movie several times but have never been to an actual showing so I'm not comfortable going alone.   Poo!

Guess I'll just do the time warp in  my living room after sending the kids to bed! Hmm...I think I have it on DVD...

mmswm

« Reply #13634 on: October 31, 2013, 01:49:06 PM »
Oh, man!  I wish I was closer to you, Piratelvr!  I'd go with you in a heartbeat!  I used to go in high school all the time and I loved it.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)