Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1736671 times)

Snooks

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13665 on: November 01, 2013, 07:01:14 PM »
Zippers on pants that won't stay up.

Someone on here gave the tip of putting a keyring on the zipper then you can hook it over the button before you do the button up (which hides it).  Would that work?

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #13666 on: November 01, 2013, 09:39:07 PM »
It's fine to disagree with me.  Disagreeing in a condescending "I'm right and you're wrong, poor simple darling" way is less fine.  Calling me out on FB for a public argument?  I'm tempted to tell the "spectators" to bring popcorn and settle in.

Disagree with me; don't tell me I'm wrong, with only your opinions to back it up.  Show me some facts.

(Yes, against my better judgment, I got drawn into the dreaded "FB Ping Pong Match" with a family member.  Sort of funny, because I'm keeping my cool and he's hopping mad...)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #13667 on: November 02, 2013, 04:00:47 AM »
Drivers who noodle along at a random, ever-changing speed that varies between 10 and 20 km/h below the speed limit. On main roads. And then speed up when you try to pass them, so you can't without going over the limit, then go back to noodling!

There were FIVE separate drivers doing this in front of me today! Aaaaugh!
"Set aphasia to stun!"

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #13668 on: November 02, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »
This is actually a middling to big thing that currently has my ire on fire.

Last July, one month after they purchased it, my daughters' car was struck in a hit and run.

Due to an administrative error, they did not get their car back until October 18.
(That episode was a huge annoyance all in itself.)

Last night, one month after my son bought his car, vandals went through our neighbourhood and smashed the windshields on half a dozen cars.
Including our son's.

So now his car is un-drivable until we get it fixed.

Aaarrrrghhhh!

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #13669 on: November 02, 2013, 11:25:13 PM »
I love to search new wallpapers for my computer's background. I do it often and grab what I like immediately because great images have the bad habit of just vanishing, or their sites go down.

I have two annoyances related to this.

1) Beautiful images ruined by a huge, gaudy logo. I understand that you don't want people cropping off your logo, but do you have to make it clash and stand out and defeat the purpose of your beautiful digitally painted landscape? I have to pass images I LOVE because I don't want to be distracted by a huge, ugly logo.

2) Websites that only offer thumbnails, and open the "save as" folder screen when I click it. I like to see an image full size before I download! What may be a lovely thumbnail may be a pixellated, low quality MESS at full size!

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #13670 on: November 03, 2013, 02:32:42 AM »
Facebook on Google Chrome, here is my post about it:

Is anyone else having a problem with Facebook on Google Chrome, where you try to type something in the search bar, two or three letters in (sometimes one), the dingdangity cursor automatically jumps to the left? Also, I'm not getting the suggestions as I type, and it's a pain when I'm searching for someone, and type in their whole name, and don't know which one is going to show up! Works just fine on Internet Explorer, except for the fact that it will freeze up my browser sometimes if I am on certain apps on there.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #13671 on: November 03, 2013, 06:18:56 AM »
Banner ads for download programs on some video sites.  The two most aggravating things are:

• They appear across the bottom within the video screen
  • The close box for the ad either moves when you get the cursor near it or it is virtually invisible so you end up opening the dingdangity ad half the time when you try not to.

Redsoil

« Reply #13672 on: November 03, 2013, 07:31:25 AM »
This is a bit of an old one, and it generally doesn't bother me as such.  However, I do find it off-putting when people assume that "of course, you wouldn't know about that". 

For instance, when those older than me assume I couldn't possibly know how hard it is to deal with elder care.  Being born to older parents, and having married a husband also born to older parents (all of whom are now deceased), I have actually dealt with a LOT of elder care, from the age of 26.  So, yes, I do actually "know", from a very personal viewpoint (especially as three of the said parents had severe debilities for many years).  As mentioned, it generally doesn't bother me, but at times, those saying such things have said it in such a way as to be quite a put-down.
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13673 on: November 03, 2013, 09:03:04 AM »
DH badgered me yesterday morning about what I was going to do that day. I then went upstairs, got dressed, came down and gathered my stuff and went to do the shopping. DH had the nerve to be hurt when I came back, saying he wasn't trying to make me mad. Jeez! I told him I did not appreciate being treated like I was at work and that he was my boss.  >:(

Sleeping kitties make me want to take a nap and I have too much to do.

Tea Drinker

• Now part of Team Land Crab
« Reply #13674 on: November 03, 2013, 12:33:06 PM »
Auto-substitutions done without sense or context. I understand the reasons for the substitutions here, but I posted in the Rocky Horror thread about a well-known comedian/television personality. Then I went back a few hours later and saw that his first name--the nickname "Richard" he always uses--had been replaced with "wingadingdingy." Similarly, seeing "irresponsible parent of the human type" in a discussion of whether to bre*ed a dog.

I know this is not unique to EHell; a couple of decades ago, it was known as the "Scunthorpe problem," for a town in England whose residents were blocked from signing up with certain ISPs. (Amusingly, preview shows me that the site software does not think we are *that* potty-mouthed, and let the previous sentence through.)
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13675 on: November 03, 2013, 07:39:14 PM »
This is a bit of an old one, and it generally doesn't bother me as such.  However, I do find it off-putting when people assume that "of course, you wouldn't know about that". 

For instance, when those older than me assume I couldn't possibly know how hard it is to deal with elder care.  Being born to older parents, and having married a husband also born to older parents (all of whom are now deceased), I have actually dealt with a LOT of elder care, from the age of 26.  So, yes, I do actually "know", from a very personal viewpoint (especially as three of the said parents had severe debilities for many years).  As mentioned, it generally doesn't bother me, but at times, those saying such things have said it in such a way as to be quite a put-down.

It works the other way too, Redsoil.  I'm a retired librarian.  All the time I would hear, 'You're a book person.  There's no way you could know anything about the Internet'. 

Excuse me?  A good half of my working life was spent searching databases on-line. I defy the sniffers to make their way through the old RLIN system. 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13676 on: November 03, 2013, 09:40:08 PM »
That annoys me, especially with regard to assuming my age means I wouldn't know the good old tv shows such as I Love Lucy, or Bewitched.  Syndication, baby!

But what really irritates me is the assumption that because I was not alive at the time a certain artist/band was together, I would not appreciate their sound.  Even if I haven't heard it before, let me give a listen and let me decide. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Nikko-chan

« Reply #13677 on: November 03, 2013, 09:57:13 PM »
My mom. Seriously. I stayed up really late (eight this morning) writing and knitting. When I was finally tired enough to sleep it was punctuated with mom yelling at Ciaran. That is not the "Drive me completely up the wall" part though. She woke me up at 4 to go get her cigarettes. Neither of us drive. Which means I had to walk in the cold to the gas station because the grocery (which is closer) doesn't sell them on sundays.

And... when I actually got up out of bed a half hour after she kept begging me to get her cigarettes I looked at the clock. It read 3:57. So in reality, she had woken me up at 3:30. Just for some stupid cigarettes.

Oh, and she had told me a few months ago that I wouldn't be walking to get her cigarettes this winter because she was going to quit.

Uh huh. And pigs are flying.

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #13678 on: November 03, 2013, 10:16:43 PM »
^ I suppose refusing because "you said you were going to quit" will result in more whinging?

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

Nikko-chan

« Reply #13679 on: November 04, 2013, 01:00:26 AM »
^ I suppose refusing because "you said you were going to quit" will result in more whinging?

Yes it did. Ugh... I told her, that if she wanted to smoke then she could go get them herself. "But it's cold."

No... really? Ya think?